Traveler I

Athens, GA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Boyd
Hi, my name is Dan

2)Athens, Ga
3)I don't have a rig as of yet. My Mini Countryman S just got totaled from an accident and looking into buying a new vehicle. Trying to decide between a mid-size/full-size and SUV/Truck.
4) A bit tied into 3, my family and I enjoy hiking, fishing, camping etc. but brand new to the concept of off-roading (past taking a stock Countryman S across several moderate trails involving avoiding ruts) and overland-ing. We want to be able have my wife, daughter (4 yo), our 3 pups (ranging from 20-100lb), and I be able to enjoy the adventures.

Thanks for having me!

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

Hi, my name is Dan

2)Athens, Ga
3)I don't have a rig as of yet. My Mini Countryman S just got totaled from an accident and looking into buying a new vehicle. Trying to decide between a mid-size/full-size and SUV/Truck.
4) A bit tied into 3, my family and I enjoy hiking, fishing, camping etc. but brand new to the concept of off-roading (past taking a stock Countryman S across several moderate trails involving avoiding ruts) and overland-ing. We want to be able have my wife, daughter (4 yo), our 3 pups (ranging from 20-100lb), and I be able to enjoy the adventures.

Thanks for having me!
Go crew cab / mega cab truck... they are so flexible in what you can do and would meet most if not all of your posted usages. some might say go 4runner but they are a bit underpowered IMHO

Contributor I

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Brentley
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

Glad to be a new member here at OB!

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150 with some basic mods
Experience: Minor to moderate--mostly trips to the OBX/ coast, NC mountains, and some off-roading/ camping adventures around the world (mostly here in NC, however). Joined to help my kids get more interested in exploration and adventure. They tag along on most trips, but I'm hoping to provide more experiences through OB and its members, allowing them to "choose their own adventures."

Just returned from Cape Lookout with the family. Picture of set up is attached.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

GoodWolf

Rank I

Member I

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Newman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6ZQH
Hello all,

My family so happy to be part of overland bound.

We are located in Placerville California.

We drive a 2005 4runner

And i guess we are covid overlanders. I have been off road ono dirt bikes for a few years. And i have wanted to get into off-roading in a vehicle for a while. For several years i had a 2000 xtrerra, it was only 4 wheel drive, with AT. We did a few things with that. It wasnt untill covid that we were blessed in being able to use the stimulus check for a lift for our new to us 4runner. That kinda changed everything. Our 4runner is still a daily, so we do have to be careful, but we are planning on driving it till its dead so not to worried about scratches and small dents. It lets me get off road with my growing family.

We started out easy, but have been going out nearly every weekend. So i am not sure where we are on the experience level, probably still newbies. We have only really gotten majorly styuck once as you can guess from the pic. but we made it.

All the overland videos on youtube, really did get us going. Overlanding combines so many of our families passions. It is fantastic, and most importantly something we can do together as a family.

Attachments

Beachbum24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Petaluma, Ca
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Greer
Member #

Well Hello to all!

I grew up San Diego and spent a lot of time in Glamis (Sand dunes) camping out of what ever truck I had and riding dirt bikes! Lots of off roading in open desert and some trail stuff. I am a pro at riding / driving in sand but when it comes to rock crawling I have no clue what I am doing!

Moved to Northern CA and no longer have any toys, but after watching all the YouTube videos....I sure do miss it!

I am married with a newborn baby girl (4 weeks old), looking to get a set up that the family will enjoy.

We are currently looking for a SUV, and as my wife puts it, "it needs to have ground clearance and look badass". We had the 2016 4Runner Trail, not the best on power compared to the MPG.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member, I'm from the beautiful state of Washington and this is my 3rd gen 4runner, I take my wife and kids out to explore and camp in cool places and love going to new places.
Welcome Hector,
I am the Director for the Northwest. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. Feel free to message either of us about questions or concerns regarding Overlanding, meetups in your area, or past/future events. @Greg Eigsti is hosting a trail ride or small campout, check out US Northwest - Greater Seattle Area Recurring Meetup for more information.

By becoming a subscribe member you will gain member only features like access to the Members map, OB1 App, and the ability to create your own Rally Points, as well as a reduced members only price in the OB store.

Once again, welcome from the Northwest Member Representative team.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Tom here, live on Vancouver Island
Drive a 2006 F250 XL extended cab short box.
5.4 3 valve gas motor, manual transmission.
Also a 2005 Subaru forester XT
2.5 turbo with an auto trans. The daily driver for the better half.

We get out camping and doing road trips every chance we get. Always looking to learn and refine out set up, but mostly to just get out there and enjoy ourselves around a fire
Welcome Tom
I am the Northwest Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is the closest member representative to you.
I am the Director for the Northwest. Feel free to message either of us about questions or concerns regarding Overlanding, meetups in your area, or past/future events.

By becoming a subscribe member you will gain member only features like access to the Members map, OB1 App, and the ability to create your own Rally Points, as well as a reduced members only price in the OB store.

Once again, welcome from the Northwest Member Representative team.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and TomasOC

LilWile

Rank I

Contributor III

Spanish springs, NV, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Wilhelm
Hello all! We are located in the Reno area and we are new to the overlanding scene but not rock crawling or off-roading. We are still figuring out what our setup and getting better every trip.

We are a little large on the trail with a 2019 Ram PowerWagon but we like to think we are skinny!

Attachments

Boler

Rank II

Contributor III

Lewisberry Pennsylvania
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Boler
Member #

Hello newfound friends,

My wife and I are new to overlanding but have been something of road warriors for many years. With the recent purchase of our '11 JKU we are looking forward to new adventures and with that, new connections and a place for advice, fun, etc..
Home base is in Central Pennsylvania but it's never a surprise to find us anywhere in the States.

We are looking forward to getting to know some of you and picking up a thing or two.

Hans & Tabitha

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Make and model: 2007 Mazda CX-9 FWD 2 seats only, converted into an overland SUV
About my self: I love being in nature and exploring it.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative: Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There are three SacArea meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA @Kent R
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA @Magic Mike
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA @Otter155
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello newfound friends,

My wife and I are new to overlanding but have been something of road warriors for many years. With the recent purchase of our '11 JKU we are looking forward to new adventures and with that, new connections and a place for advice, fun, etc..
Home base is in Central Pennsylvania but it's never a surprise to find us anywhere in the States.

We are looking forward to getting to know some of you and picking up a thing or two.

Hans & Tabitha
Welcome to Overland Bound Hans & Tabitha
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! We are located in the Reno area and we are new to the overlanding scene but not rock crawling or off-roading. We are still figuring out what our setup and getting better every trip.

We are a little large on the trail with a 2019 Ram PowerWagon but we like to think we are skinny!
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. @HappyOurOverlanding is the contact. This is a very active group with FB & IG pages.
US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well Hello to all!

I grew up San Diego and spent a lot of time in Glamis (Sand dunes) camping out of what ever truck I had and riding dirt bikes! Lots of off roading in open desert and some trail stuff. I am a pro at riding / driving in sand but when it comes to rock crawling I have no clue what I am doing!

Moved to Northern CA and no longer have any toys, but after watching all the YouTube videos....I sure do miss it!

I am married with a newborn baby girl (4 weeks old), looking to get a set up that the family will enjoy.

We are currently looking for a SUV, and as my wife puts it, "it needs to have ground clearance and look badass". We had the 2016 4Runner Trail, not the best on power compared to the MPG.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There has been an occasional meet-up in Rohnert Park, you should be notified if they set another date.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My family so happy to be part of overland bound.

We are located in Placerville California.

We drive a 2005 4runner

And i guess we are covid overlanders. I have been off road ono dirt bikes for a few years. And i have wanted to get into off-roading in a vehicle for a while. For several years i had a 2000 xtrerra, it was only 4 wheel drive, with AT. We did a few things with that. It wasnt untill covid that we were blessed in being able to use the stimulus check for a lift for our new to us 4runner. That kinda changed everything. Our 4runner is still a daily, so we do have to be careful, but we are planning on driving it till its dead so not to worried about scratches and small dents. It lets me get off road with my growing family.

We started out easy, but have been going out nearly every weekend. So i am not sure where we are on the experience level, probably still newbies. We have only really gotten majorly styuck once as you can guess from the pic. but we made it.

All the overland videos on youtube, really did get us going. Overlanding combines so many of our families passions. It is fantastic, and most importantly something we can do together as a family.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative: Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
I am in El Dorado, so if you ever want to talk Overlanding drop me a line here on the forum and come on by.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be a new member here at OB!

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F-150 with some basic mods
Experience: Minor to moderate--mostly trips to the OBX/ coast, NC mountains, and some off-roading/ camping adventures around the world (mostly here in NC, however). Joined to help my kids get more interested in exploration and adventure. They tag along on most trips, but I'm hoping to provide more experiences through OB and its members, allowing them to "choose their own adventures."

Just returned from Cape Lookout with the family. Picture of set up is attached.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Great picture
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Dan

2)Athens, Ga

Thanks for having me!
Welcome To Overland Bound Dan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Tom here, live on Vancouver Island
Drive a 2006 F250 XL extended cab short box.
5.4 3 valve gas motor, manual transmission.
Also a 2005 Subaru forester XT
2.5 turbo with an auto trans. The daily driver for the better half.

We get out camping and doing road trips every chance we get. Always looking to learn and refine out set up, but mostly to just get out there and enjoy ourselves around a fire
Our Northwest Director is @M Rose
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member, I'm from the beautiful state of Washington and this is my 3rd gen 4runner, I take my wife and kids out to explore and camp in cool places and love going to new places.
Great pictures
@M Rose is the Northwest Director and can set you up with the closest Member Representative.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
my name is Diana. I will hopefully be able to post a picture very soon. I pick up my 2016 wrangler tomorrow. I would say that I am a beginner/have a strong general knowledge. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing what I have found.
Welcome to Overland Bound Diana
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/