Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Geoff (@jayhawkgeoff ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We do have a Taco Tuesday meet up every 3rd Tuesday in Houston. Hopefully you can attend and connect with some local members.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: jayhawkgeoff

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Chris and I'm a newbie. Bought a 03 wrangler to take my kiddos out in.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative in OK is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello y’all
I’m new and I’m from Canada. Hope to be introduced to some other fellow Canadian overlanders.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Roam Wild Overland
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Geoff.
I’m based out of Houston, Texas.
My rig is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon.
I wouldn’t say I’m a very experienced overlander. I feel like there’s always more knowledge to be gained, so being able to join a community where I can learn the right way to operate out on the trail is invaluable.

As COVID-quarantine begins to be lifted I hope to hit the road, and see you all out there. Thanks!

View attachment 163470
Welcome to Overland Bound Geoff
Great looking rig, I like the fender trim job!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: jayhawkgeoff

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
Future Vehicle: 2021 Subaru Forester Sport
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I love the outdoors and what better way to spend time outside than with your vehicle you overpay for and the open road. Plus I like traveling.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, my name is Dan, I'm located in Fayetteville NC, running a built '94 ZJ. Pretty new to overlanding, but lots of experience with camping, backpacking, and offroad vehicles in general. I grew up with off road motorcycles, backpacking, hunting, and family camping, and then went in the army and spent a bunch of time in the woods and living out of all kinds of vehicles in all kinds of deserts. Right now I'm looking to do some trips with my kids, participate in a community, and learn.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie

dilles540

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sterling, VA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Boies
Hello Everybody!

Just joined and super excited to grow and learn more about overlanding.

My current rig is shown below (Minus the tailgate kayak extender): 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

offroad 3.jpg

I live in Northern Virginia and I'd say my experience is very green. I've taken some offroading classes in PA and go camping about once a month (This weekend is my first weekend with the RTT).

Again, happy to join and look forward to chatting and learning from you folks!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everybody!

Just joined and super excited to grow and learn more about overlanding.

My current rig is shown below (Minus the tailgate kayak extender): 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

View attachment 163536

I live in Northern Virginia and I'd say my experience is very green. I've taken some offroading classes in PA and go camping about once a month (This weekend is my first weekend with the RTT).

Again, happy to join and look forward to chatting and learning from you folks!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova
M

mball45

Hello everyone, I am in southern Indiana with my wife and 3 kids. I have done a lot of work to my 01 Dodge and continuing on also with my 00 Jeep XJ. I am looking forward to learning about places to explore while also sharing my builds and experiences. IMG_2972.jpgIMG_7223.JPG

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Any advice on where to get maps of some trails or does anyone have a good source of some good routes fro me and the gf to explore in about 2 weeks. Located in RDU area and willing to travel if need be. Have heard good things about highway 105, and hurricane creek. I have been to Uwharrie and having jsut purchased a new 3rd gen, I wont be taking it on any trails at uwharrie until I get some protection underneath it! All advice and help is appreciated! I'm new to The OB community so if theres a way to share routes, please let me know! Thanks!

Rig: 2016 DCLB TRD Taco
Experience: I would consider myself an intermediate overlander. Moving over from the more hardcore offroading scene

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Enthusiast I

AZ
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Perez
Hello All!

Current Vehicle: 2020 Chevy Trail Boss
Previous Vehicle: 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I'm happiest outside. I grew up camping and spent a good bit of time in the dirt. Now I work a corporate job and it seems like this is the kind of adventure I need.

Attachments

ShortBus

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lancaster, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Reukauf
Member #

Hi Everyone! My name is Rob Reukauf. My wife Dawn and I have spent many years outdoors. First it was riding quads at Dumont Dunes, Dune buggies in Big Bear, Hummers in Texas, and Bronco’s in Arkansas. Currently we have a 1971 Bronco and a Chevy ZR2 that we use for overlanding and off-roading. Most of the time we tow the Bronco with our 1994 Airstream Motorhome to venues for camping. I look forward to exploring with you all!D2AA1841-76CA-42D5-AC76-4341C185A02D.jpegA0ADE5B7-7B72-44D0-91D1-FF2C10771BE7.jpeg0C56EEE3-8DCB-49D0-B23B-CEC71E51FCFD.jpeg

ShortBus

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lancaster, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Reukauf
Member #

Any advice on where to get maps of some trails or does anyone have a good source of some good routes fro me and the gf to explore in about 2 weeks. Located in RDU area and willing to travel if need be. Have heard good things about highway 105, and hurricane creek. I have been to Uwharrie and having jsut purchased a new 3rd gen, I wont be taking it on any trails at uwharrie until I get some protection underneath it! All advice and help is appreciated! I'm new to The OB community so if theres a way to share routes, please let me know! Thanks!

Experience: I would consider myself an intermediate overlander. Moving over from the more hardcore offroading scene
8269BA46-7183-48DD-8432-317D0E7C1A1B.pngHuge fan of this series. These are available for every state or major offroad area. I have one for California, Arizona, and Moab Utah. They are a good way to get out there!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Trail maps are available from the forest service in every state for free. You can also buy a yearly park pass cheaply and get reduced rates. No fees for disbursed sites. They show all camp sites both civilized and disbursed locations.

Dorian

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Bilak
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: Kent R