Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ciao a tutti.

Scrivo dal nord Italia, qui non ci sono posti fantastici come da te, però ce la caviamo bene ....

guido una Chevy TAHOE 2002, che sto trasformando un pezzo alla volta sia dell'assetto che nell'equipaggimento..

ho fatto un corso di fuori strada di primo livello.

grazie mille per avermi accettato in questo forum..!!

mi sono iscritto in questo forum, perché sono sempre alla ricerca di nuove idee, da studiare, costruire, modificare, discutere.....

spero che riusciate a capire ciò che ho scritto, buona continuazione a tutti....

Hi everyone.

I write from northern Italy, here there are no fantastic places like you, but we do well ....

I drive a Chevy TAHOE 2002, which I am transforming, one piece at a time, both the set-up and the equipment ..

I took a first level off-road course.

thank you so much for accepting me in this forum .. !!

I joined this forum, because I am always looking for new ideas, to study, build, modify, discuss .....

I hope you can understand what I wrote, good continuation to all.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I’m JD Ramseur. I’m from Concord, NC. My current rig is a 2020 Gladiator. Uwharrie National Forest is my closest wheeling & camping destination.

Looking forward to learning from an meeting y’all!

Thanks!

JD
Welcome To Overland Bound JD.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Good evening Overland Bound Family!!!

My name is Andrew. I’m new to Overland, used to camp a lot with my family when I was younger. I’m looking to get back into it and explore all the National Parks and any secret gem of a location I can find.

2) Buena Park, CA
3) 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
4) Beginner but can’t wait to get out there and explore
Welcome from San Dimas. We have plenty of trails in So Cl.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all! New to the forum and looking to have some fun! My truck and latest adventures can be found on Instagram @TacomaOutdoors.

1) Instagram: @TacomaOutdoors
2) Colorado Springs, CO
3) 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road with modifications!
4) Novice to Overlanding......but lets change that
Hi Nick, welcome from Denver! Hope to meet you on the trail soon!

Reactions: Kent R

Snerk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Rosa, CA
First Name
michael
Last Name
baker
Hello we are glad you made it! No worries about experience, as long as you are up for adventure. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person! TODAY

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Rad, thanks! Could you possibly shoot me a PM with this info as well so I know where to find it easily in the future? :)

Glen59

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Hidlay
Member #

2017 4Runner.jpgGlensDream.jpg Hi everybody, my name is Glen. I'm 61 yrs old, divorced (2x,both cheated, must be my charming personality...loi), have 3 sons,7 grandkids. Lived, worked in PA all my life. Been my dream to "build" an off road truck my entire adult life, but life happens obligations/responsibilities. Now things have changed in the off road community, now overlanding is a large part of it and I fell in love with the concept of basically planning a trip, loading up the truck and go! I retire soon (AMEN!) so the goal is to "finish" the 4Runner and start doing just that and see this beautiful country we call home. IF I seem lost with even just using the forum, please bare with me, I'll get it hopefully before I croak..lol.

MIJeep

Rank III

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
COUCH
Member #

Good afternoon all,

My name is Mike and I have been camping my entire life and have a ton of outdoor experience but am completely new to overlanding. Really looking forward to making some connections and learning from the group. Hoping to learn about places to explore in the great lakes region cause if you watch YouTube everything is out west and seems really out of reach for me right now.

Right now I have a 2006 Wrangler which I am currently fixing some rust before putting some armor bumpers, winch and lights to make it a bit more prepared for off road. it already has a lift and tires.

My approach may be a bit nontraditional and maybe it's not even overlanding but with two teenagers and the limits of a two door jeep, my plan is to tow the vehicle close to trails and use as a base camp and then spend all day exploring in the jeep.

Here is my jeep as she looked last summer. (Editors note: it's not a Rubicon, that is a story for another time)
IMG_5123.JPG

jferngeek

Rank I

Contributor III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Fernandes
I'm new to the forum - just checking things out at the moment

Attached is a picture of my 2010 Xterra. I've had lots of adventures at Land Between the Lakes in her!
I live in Nashville, TN so LBL is my default choice - I love the mid-300 trails there!
I grew up camping and have always driven whatever vehicle would get me out there! I started visiting more adventurous campsites in a Honda Civic so that's when I decided to upgrade to the Xterra. I've only upgraded tires to 33" BFG KO2s so far, with sliders and skids next on my to-do list.

My wife and I have done some dispersed camping near home. Last year we road-tripped from TN to AZ and back, which was awesome. We planned a road trip from Colorado Springs through Moab via the Rimrocker next month and we're still tentatively planning to go. I will be looking for more information in relation to that trip in the next few weeks.

Attachments

Cyberman

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Stu
Last Name
Hoffman
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6ONZ
Hi I'm Stu I have been a software dev professionally for 25 years. Before that I was a software nerd hoping to travel and camp.
Right now I drive a Tesla Model 3 as stated as my "Overland" Vehicle. In the future I will be buying the Cybertruck and then I'm getting out and about with you all :) Profile pic is A stock Model 3 pic, I don't have a good one of mine available right now.

IF (Cybertruck!)
Go Overlanding
ELSE
Still go but stay on the roads.

Overland Experience: Novice
Previous vehicle: Toyota Sequoia 200x . I broke the front box thingy that lets you do 4 wheel drive. Limped home on 2WD.

millerm217

Rank IV

Explorer I

Hermosa Beach
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6fqf
Hi Everyone!
Mike Miller from Hermosa Beach, CA
I'm on my 3rd 4Runner (had one Tacoma)
Currently driving 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Edition
It's my daily driver so its fairly conservative.
lifted with BFG KO2s
Baja Designs Fog Lights
Yakima Rack and megawarrior basket. (wish I had a platform.)
K&N Filter
emblem blackout kit
RSG Rock sliders
Optima yellow top battery

Work keeps me from doing a lot of overlanding, but I love getting out on the trails when I have some time. Also, do alot of outdoor adventures
with the family, but they aren't into the 4wd part as much. If I find a cool lake or some sort of attraction, I can talk them into driving in the dirt for awhile.
Best trip so far was a solo mission on the Mojave Road. Photo below is at 10,000 feet near Mammoth Lakes, CA

4runner.JPG

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ciao a tutti.

Scrivo dal nord Italia, qui non ci sono posti fantastici come te, ma ce la caviamo bene ....

Guido una Chevy TAHOE 2002, che sta trasformando un pezzo alla volta sia dell'assetto che nell'equipaggimento ..

grazie mille per avermi accettato in questo forum .. !!

mi sono iscritto in questo forum, perché sono sempre alla ricerca di nuove idee, da studiare, costruire, modificare, discutere .....

spero che riusciate a capire ciò che ho scritto, buona continuazione a tutti ....

Hi everyone.

I write from northern Italy, here there are no fantastic places like you, but we do well ....

I drive a Chevy TAHOE 2002, which I am transforming, one piece at a time, both the set-up and the equipment ..

I joined this forum, because I am always looking for new ideas, to study, build, modify, discuss .....

Hello and welcome,

In Europe we have a nice group of Overlanders who are very much willing to help out with technical support and other questions.
Also some events are organised. So I hope to see you at one of them in the near future.
If there is anything I can help with, just let me know.

Saluti et bon giorno.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi,
Who:
I'm Stefan from Belgium
When I recently joined the "Ministry of Autonomous Travel" (a brand new overlander-network here in Europe) I dug a bit deeper and decided to join Overland Bound as well.
You can never have too much info and meeting different like-minded people all over the world is just big fun.

Rig:
I'm driving a Land Rover Defender 130. We travelled Europe with a hard top and roof top tents. Then added a DIY trailer for more space and currently I'm modifying the Defender into an off-road camper.
For those who are into LR defender models: I swapped the 130 pick up tub with the back end of a 110 HT 3D and engineered a standard 110 roof into a pop-top.
It's long from finished - still need to mount the gas struts, tent and interior, but that will not prevent me from going out and live the life.

Experience:
Outdoor enthusiast since a long time, camping, hiking, mountain biking, bushcrafting,... vehicule based adventurer since 2017

Moto: "Less is more" and "Built, not bought"

Recent pic of the rig:
View attachment 162795
Hello Stefan,

Welcome and if you need inforamtion about stuff, please don hesitate to contact me. I dont have all the answers, but all together we will find a way to help.

Hope to see you on the tracks somewhere.

Greetings from Robert

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Ceg here form Selah, Washington. I am new to Overland Bound, but have been into overland type adventures since 1986. I ran the Eastern Washington Off Road Forum and All Wheelers Off Road Club which later became "Eastern Washington Adventures" from 2004 until 2019. In 2019 I started the "Liberty State Overland Club" since of all the things I had done over the years, Overland adventures is what I feel is me.

I have a few adventure rigs I use for different events.
1996 F350 Crew Cab with a 11' Lance camper for Base Camp type runs.
2007 JKU Rubicon - This has been my overland rig for some time now. It has been grounded for over a year now waiting an engine rebuild.
1993 YJ mainly for exploring and wheeling. It is what I am using this year for overland trips.

Most of my adventures since 2004 are posted on my website blog: cegpics.com
Hi Ceg,
Welcome to the crew. I am very excited to gleen from your experience. I am fairly new to the PNW and have only scratched the surface.
Come over to the Tri-Cities Clubhouse and say hello. We are growing rapidly, and have a great group of family oriented members with a ton of passion for exploration.

Reactions: Kent R and Ceg

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Hey y'all! Long been interested in overlanding, but just now getting in to it with a (reasonably) suitable vehicle and actually owning camping gear.

I'm in the Santa Rosa, CA area, and I have a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5. No real experience as of yet, I did my first bit of driving "off road" (read: forest roads) about a week ago but I'm very much looking forward to exploring what's out there. :)
I know we chatted already, but welcome to the group!

alanyd

Rank II

Contributor III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Yim
Member #

Hello everyone!

My family and I are from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

We’re relatively new to the “overland” scene. We’ve wheeled off and on over the years but now just getting into vehicular based travel/camping and have been enjoying it and venturing out in the Canadian Rockies area. We’re heading off to Vancouver Island next month so hoping to do a bit of exploring there as well.

My rigs: 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP / 1992 Defender 110 CSW

Alan

Attachments

Henk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Ciao a tutti.

Scrivo dal nord Italia, qui non ci sono posti fantastici come te, ma ce la caviamo bene ....

Guido una Chevy TAHOE 2002, che sta trasformando un pezzo alla volta sia dell'assetto che nell'equipaggimento ..

grazie mille per avermi accettato in questo forum .. !!

mi sono iscritto in questo forum, perché sono sempre alla ricerca di nuove idee, da studiare, costruire, modificare, discutere .....

spero che riusciate a capire ciò che ho scritto, buona continuazione a tutti ....

Hi everyone.

Hi Capt. mike,

Welcome to a great community - looking forward to exploring your part of the world in the future [after the current restrictions are relaxed].

I did a 10 000 mile overland trip in a stock [unmodified] TAHOE, with 2 friends. We enjoyed the internal space and comfort. Accessed some moderate mountain trails and loved every moment.

Please post updates on your future adventures.
H

Henk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Hello everyone!

We’re relatively new to the “overland” scene. We’ve wheeled off and on over the years but now just getting into vehicular based travel/camping and have been enjoying it and venturing out in the Canadian Rockies area. We’re heading off to Vancouver Island next month so hoping to do a bit of exploring there as well.

Alan
Hey Alan,

Love your Toyota / Land Rover combination...and all the green in your photos. Currently in the middle of summer in Saudi, so I'm more than a little jealous.

Welcome to a great community, and keep posting info and details of your future adventures.

PS: The RTT on the 4Runner looks great - a future upgrade for me, as the rugrats get old enough

Reactions: Kent R and alanyd

Henk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Hi
Hello Shawn, welcome to the OB community.
Hi Shawn,
You live in my favourite place on this planet...I couldn't get out of Colorado!! Kept on finding more places to explore and overstayed by own plans by 4 weeks!!

Enjoy and please post details of your adventures.

Welcome to a great community
H

alanyd

Rank II

Contributor III

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Yim
Member #

Hello everyone!

Alan
Hey Alan,

Love your Toyota / Land Rover combination...and all the green in your photos. Currently in the middle of summer in Saudi, so I'm more than a little jealous.

Welcome to a great community, and keep posting info and details of your future adventures.

PS: The RTT on the 4Runner looks great - a future upgrade for me, as the rugrats get old enough
Thanks!

Yes we feel very fortunate to have access to the areas we do have and try to head into the mountains as often as possible.

The RTT has been a great addition. We travel with a 9 y/o and 3 dogs so having that space has helped a lot.

We took Michael’s advice and waiting for a set of sliders to arrive (hopefully sometime next week) before we get into anything more serious. The 110 already has everything done to it for guarding but unfortunately it needs a new frame now which once complete hope to have adventures in as well.