Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey y'all! Long been interested in overlanding, but just now getting in to it with a (reasonably) suitable vehicle and actually owning camping gear.

I'm in the Santa Rosa, CA area, and I have a 2018 Subaru Outback 2.5. No real experience as of yet, I did my first bit of driving "off road" (read: forest roads) about a week ago but I'm very much looking forward to exploring what's out there. :)
Hello we are glad you made it! No worries about experience, as long as you are up for adventure. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person! TODAY

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Snerk and Kent R

elkburgers

Rank III

Member III

Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Colton
Last Name
Elkins
Member #

Howdy! My name is Colton Elkins and I have been getting into OverLanding more and more over the past few years without even knowing it was a thing, I just love taking my truck to cool places! I have a 2015 Tundra and I have now driven to and from Alaska twice. I built my own truck bed tent and truck storage boxes for the journey and love them. I currently live in Oklahoma but I seem to hardly let the grass grow under my feet. I often travel all around to Colorado, to Texas (where I am from) and to Alaska! I am excited I found this community.

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey all! New to the forum and looking to have some fun! My truck and latest adventures can be found on Instagram @TacomaOutdoors.

1) Instagram: @TacomaOutdoors
2) Colorado Springs, CO
3) 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road with modifications!
4) Novice to Overlanding......but lets change that
Welcome!

Please stop by this thread to meet the locals:

Also, check out upcoming events:

Reactions: Kent R

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Glad to be joining you all!
I’m Gary. I live in San Diego, CA.
I’ve decided to take on the the crazy project of turning my stock 2004 GMC Yukon XL into a bugout/overlanding truck.
My reasoning for this build is two fold: I live in a fire prone area where escape is greatly enhanced by being able to use fire/unimproved back roads and I love getting away from it all into nature. This truck can fit my entire family and pets if need be, or provide a really nice base camp for my wife and I on an overlanding trip. If anyone’s interested I’ll post pictures of the process along the way.
Hope to see you out there! Also, I hope you can help me along the way with questions and suggestions on my build!
Thanks,
Gary

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be joining you all!
I’m Gary. I live in San Diego, CA.
I’ve decided to take on the the crazy project of turning my stock 2004 GMC Yukon XL into a bugout/overlanding truck.
My reasoning for this build is two fold: I live in a fire prone area where escape is greatly enhanced by being able to use fire/unimproved back roads and I love getting away from it all into nature. This truck can fit my entire family and pets if need be, or provide a really nice base camp for my wife and I on an overlanding trip. If anyone’s interested I’ll post pictures of the process along the way.
Hope to see you out there! Also, I hope you can help me along the way with questions and suggestions on my build!
Thanks,
Gary
Welcome to Overland Bound Gary
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from central Virginia. Long time survivalist, hiker, trekker, camper, world traveler, but new to the 4x4 overlanding world. Just bought an ‘08 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 and can’t wait to outfit it and carve out some amazing adventures. View attachment 162607
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! My name is Colton Elkins and I have been getting into OverLanding more and more over the past few years without even knowing it was a thing, I just love taking my truck to cool places! I have a 2015 Tundra and I have now driven to and from Alaska twice. I built my own truck bed tent and truck storage boxes for the journey and love them. I currently live in Oklahoma but I seem to hardly let the grass grow under my feet. I often travel all around to Colorado, to Texas (where I am from) and to Alaska! I am excited I found this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Colton.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982, and for your trips to Colorado @the_runn4r.
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Reactions: trail_runn4r

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi Colton!
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Colton (@elkburgers ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. I am also originally from Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me or @Iwata77 know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Rig: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser
Experience: Middle of the road in the overlanding world. Completely going through my land cruiser and turning it into a landtank.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have any question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, which will keep you up to date on upcoming local meetups, training opportunities and trail runs.

I look forward to meet you out on the trail or at a meetup, in the future.

Mike

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ceg here form Selah, Washington. I am new to Overland Bound, but have been into overland type adventures since 1986. I ran the Eastern Washington Off Road Forum and All Wheelers Off Road Club which later became "Eastern Washington Adventures" from 2004 until 2019. In 2019 I started the "Liberty State Overland Club" since of all the things I had done over the years, Overland adventures is what I feel is me.

I have a few adventure rigs I use for different events.
1996 F350 Crew Cab with a 11' Lance camper for Base Camp type runs.
2007 JKU Rubicon - This has been my overland rig for some time now. It has been grounded for over a year now waiting an engine rebuild.
1993 YJ mainly for exploring and wheeling. It is what I am using this year for overland trips.

Most of my adventures since 2004 are posted on my website blog: cegpics.com
Welcome Ceg,
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. If you don’t have your Amateur Radio License, bit are interested in getting it, the Kennewick BSOA is testing Sunday July 19th, more information can be found HERE. Space is limited so preregister ASAP.
I will let Mike D full you in what is going on in your neck of the woods.
Welcome once again to Overland Bound. I hope our trails cross some time in the near

Reactions: Ceg and Kent R

Capt.Mike

Rank 0

Contributor I

Italy
First Name
Renato
Last Name
adamini
Ciao a tutti.

Scrivo dal nord Italia, qui non ci sono posti fantastici come te, ma ce la caviamo bene ....

Guido una Chevy TAHOE 2002, che sta trasformando un pezzo alla volta sia dell'assetto che nell'equipaggimento ..

ho fatto un corso di fuori strada di primo livello.

grazie mille per avermi accettato in questo forum .. !!

mi sono iscritto in questo forum, perché sono sempre alla ricerca di nuove idee, da studiare, costruire, modificare, discutere .....

spero che riusciate a capire ciò che ho scritto, buona continuazione a tutti ....

Hi everyone.

I write from northern Italy, here there are no fantastic places like you, but we do well ....

I drive a Chevy TAHOE 2002, which I am transforming, one piece at a time, both the set-up and the equipment ..

I took a first level off-road course.

thank you so much for accepting me in this forum .. !!

I joined this forum, because I am always looking for new ideas, to study, build, modify, discuss .....

I hope you can understand what I wrote, good continuation to all.

Last edited:

Member I

Buena Park
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Pummell
Member #

Good evening Overland Bound Family!!!

My name is Andrew. I’m new to Overland, used to camp a lot with my family when I was younger. I’m looking to get back into it and explore all the National Parks and any secret gem of a location I can find.

2) Buena Park, CA
3) 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
4) Beginner but can’t wait to get out there and explore

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Fetzl

Rank II

Contributor II

Westerlo, Belgium
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Belmans
Member #

Hi,
Who:
I'm Stefan from Belgium
When I recently joined the "Ministry of Autonomous Travel" (a brand new overlander-network here in Europe) I dug a bit deeper and decided to join Overland Bound as well.
You can never have too much info and meeting different like-minded people all over the world is just big fun.

Rig:
I'm driving a Land Rover Defender 130. We travelled Europe with a hard top and roof top tents. Then added a DIY trailer for more space and currently I'm modifying the Defender into an off-road camper.
For those who are into LR defender models: I swapped the 130 pick up tub with the back end of a 110 HT 3D and engineered a standard 110 roof into a pop-top.
It's long from finished - still need to mount the gas struts, tent and interior, but that will not prevent me from going out and live the life.

Experience:
Outdoor enthusiast since a long time, camping, hiking, mountain biking, bushcrafting,... vehicule based adventurer since 2017

Moto: "Less is more" and "Built, not bought"

Recent pic of the rig:
Manny2020.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Who:
I'm Stefan from Belgium
When I recently joined the "Ministry of Autonomous Travel" (a brand new overlander-network here in Europe) I dug a bit deeper and decided to join Overland Bound as well.
You can never have too much info and meeting different like-minded people all over the world is just big fun.

Rig:
I'm driving a Land Rover Defender 130. We travelled Europe with a hard top and roof top tents. Then added a DIY trailer for more space and currently I'm modifying the Defender into an off-road camper.
For those who are into LR defender models: I swapped the 130 pick up tub with the back end of a 110 HT 3D and engineered a standard 110 roof into a pop-top.
It's long from finished - still need to mount the gas struts, tent and interior, but that will not prevent me from going out and live the life.

Experience:
Outdoor enthusiast since a long time, camping, hiking, mountain biking, bushcrafting,... vehicule based adventurer since 2017

Moto: "Less is more" and "Built, not bought"

Recent pic of the rig:
View attachment 162795
Welcome to Overland Bound Stefan
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening Overland Bound Family!!!

My name is Andrew. I’m new to Overland, used to camp a lot with my family when I was younger. I’m looking to get back into it and explore all the National Parks and any secret gem of a location I can find.

2) Buena Park, CA
3) 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road
4) Beginner but can’t wait to get out there and explore
Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning