Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Hi, I'm Ben. I'm new to overlanding but have been an avid camper/hiker/backpacker since my younger days. Grew up in Boulder, CO and now reside with my wife and a couple kiddos outside San Antonio, TX. Picked up a 2017 TRD a couple months ago and fully intend to justify it by getting out as much as possible. It has already completely reinvigorated my love of outdoors - something I'd lost since moving to TX. Looking to explore this giant state more and beyond into everything this continent has to offer.
Sounds awesome! Welcome to the site, and show us that rig!

Kbamvakais

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello, I'm Kevin. out of St.Louis MO.
I have an 04 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee V8 Special Edition thats still a work in progress that I drive daily.
IMG_20161015_161750.jpg 20161007_173039.jpg (so far it's stock with a good set of tires, tow hooks, lights and communications, soon to have small lift and other equipment that is if it ever stop being broke every 3 day.. meh jeeps what can yout do right.)
I'm new to the expedition arena but have been wheeling for years, I just got tired of hey yall let's go muddin with the off roaders around here.
I grew up camping and love it but as life got in the way I don't get to go very much anymore, and with the advent of social media I don't really have many "real" friend to go with but I'm hope that changes soon.

Glad to be here and glad I stumbled across this place on facebook .

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi, I'm Ben. I'm new to overlanding but have been an avid camper/hiker/backpacker since my younger days. Grew up in Boulder, CO and now reside with my wife and a couple kiddos outside San Antonio, TX. Picked up a 2017 TRD a couple months ago and fully intend to justify it by getting out as much as possible. It has already completely reinvigorated my love of outdoors - something I'd lost since moving to TX. Looking to explore this giant state more and beyond into everything this continent has to offer.
Welcome to the group Ben,

Reactions: Bender

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello, I'm Kevin. out of St.Louis MO.
I have an 04 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee V8 Special Edition thats still a work in progress that I drive daily.
View attachment 9215 View attachment 9216 (so far it's stock with a good set of tires, tow hooks, lights and communications, soon to have small lift and other equipment that is if it ever stop being broke every 3 day.. meh jeeps what can yout do right.)
I'm new to the expedition arena but have been wheeling for years, I just got tired of hey yall let's go muddin with the off roaders around here.
I grew up camping and love it but as life got in the way I don't get to go very much anymore, and with the advent of social media I don't really have many "real" friend to go with but I'm hope that changes soon.

Glad to be here and glad I stumbled across this place on facebook .
Welcome to the group Kevin,

ZREM

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Collins, CO
First Name
Court
Last Name
Merz
Member #

Hey all, my name is Court and I'm located in Northern Colorado. Currently on my 3rd 4x4 and loving all the adventures they have allowed me. My current rig is a 1998 LandCruiser 100 with ~158k on the clock. Mods include OME lift, Slee sliders and skids, TJM front bumper with Engo winch, Gamiviti rack and factory rear locker.

Captain Slow ...

IMG_0893.JPG

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Hey all, my name is Court and I'm located in Northern Colorado. Currently on my 3rd 4x4 and loving all the adventures they have allowed me. My current rig is a 1998 LandCruiser 100 with ~158k on the clock. Mods include OME lift, Slee sliders and skids, TJM front bumper with Engo winch, Gamiviti rack and factory rear locker.

Captain Slow ...

View attachment 9253
Welcome!

Reactions: ZREM

Hank.94

Rank V

Explorer I

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Catron
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Current rig is 2014 Ram 1500 4x4.
Overland experience is minimal, but I do bring hunting, fishing, camping and mechanical experience to the deal.

Attachments

Reactions: awolfnspirit

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB

Captain Slow ...

View attachment 9253
Welcome to the group Court,

Reactions: ZREM

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hello all, I just joined a couple of weeks ago. (2212)
AREA: South Texas, San Antonio area.
RIG: 2009 Hummer H3T
Most of my experience comes from 20 years in the Army working in vehicle maintenance and towing/recovery. After retirement I got into Search and Rescue and I work with two outfits in Texas currently.
I look forward to over landing with you all.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello all, I just joined a couple of weeks ago. (2212)
AREA: South Texas, San Antonio area.
RIG: 2009 Hummer H3T
Most of my experience comes from 20 years in the Army working in vehicle maintenance and towing/recovery. After retirement I got into Search and Rescue and I work with two outfits in Texas currently.
I look forward to over landing with you all.
Welcome to the group,

Reactions: Phil Harralson

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
IMG_0157.JPG Location: La Crescenta, CA 91214

Current Rig: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x - Just picked her up a little over a month ago. With the exception of the new Garvin roof rack, it's all stock. Looking to upgrade the tires, and install sliders and bumpers with recovery points... nothing to crazy (i hope!) LOL ;)

Last Rig: 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 limited - lifted with the works. Loved it, but it just wasn't a practical daily driver for me and my family

Experience: Novice Overlander, avid hiker, camper (tent, car/RV, etc.), water sports

Our family is always looking for the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. I've been following your group on YouTube for a few months now, and I always find your videos to be both very informative and inspiring. I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

-John

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
View attachment 9264 Location: La Crescenta, CA 91214

Current Rig: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x - Just picked her up a little over a month ago. With the exception of the new Garvin roof rack, it's all stock. Looking to upgrade the tires, and install sliders and bumpers with recovery points... nothing to crazy (i hope!) LOL ;)

Last Rig: 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 limited - lifted with the works. Loved it, but it just wasn't a practical daily driver for me and my family

Experience: Novice Overlander, avid hiker, camper (tent, car/RV, etc.), water sports

Our family is always looking for the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. I've been following your group on YouTube for a few months now, and I always find your videos to be both very informative and inspiring. I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

-John
Welcome to the group John,

CVXTERRA

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey there!
I'm Chris and this is my 05 Xterra 6MT that I have had for just over a year. Prior to this I had no experience with overlanding or any vehicle based camp. I am pretty experienced when it comes to the outdoors, I hike, camp, and climb, so getting out there and refining my rig has been a blast. As for the X it has truly become my dream rig, very well thought out and very very capable stock (with proper tires, my 2wd has surprised me and others with what it can do).

hope to meet some of ya in the real world!

Attachments

CVXTERRA

Rank I

Enthusiast I

View attachment 9264 Location: La Crescenta, CA 91214

-John
Hey John, I'm a fellow X owner just east of Pasadena.
If you haven't yet, head on over to SCCX (http://www.sccxterra.com) and introduce yourself. Forum is an excellent resource full of knowledge and extremely helpful and friendly individuals!
-Chris

Reactions: awolfnspirit

ToyotaAventureros

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Nanton, Alberta
Member #

Hello ladies and gents,
Jonathan and Sara here (including two toddlers). From just outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No pictures yet, waiting on our FWC to arrive.
Have a 2004 Toyota Tundra DC that we will put the camper on.
Plan is to drive down to Central America this January.
Maybe can meet up with some of y'all along the way!

Simon76

Rank 0

Contributor I

Baja
We are Simon and Carly,

We are heading down the Panam for the next couple of years, currently in CA about to cross into Mexico down through Central and then South America,

Looking forward to getting some tips from you all.

Looking froward to being part of this awesome community!

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum. My name is Kyle, I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I've been overlanding for about 1-2 years. I'm getting back into the overland\off road lifestyle and hoping to get out a lot more. Attached is a pic of my rig, just missing the roof rack I added recently.View attachment 9045
Howdy Kyle!
Hey, wanna head to Big Bend? ;)

Kidding, Kyle and I are already planning our Holiday Overland Trip to Big Bend Ranch State Park. I think I put the thread in the overland planning forum.