First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Location( Carson, CA)
Rig (2018 Silverado 4x4 z71 with Icon stage 3 lift)
Overlanding Experience Background Have been off roading and camping since I was a young boy with my dad. Been out of it for 10 yrs bought my rig new and started to get back into it
Hello Alex, welcome to the OB community. Great to have another Silverado in the community. I drive a slightly older one, 1988. I used to work in Carson on So. Wilmington but that business is no longer there.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.
Hello JD, welcome to the OB coimmuity.

Squatchsequoia

Rank I

Contributor I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
TJ
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

Hi all!

I'm TJ and my family and I are in the northwest Phoenix, AZ area. Our rig is a 2006 Toyota Sequoia with a Bilstein 5100 budget lift up front and 3" lift coils in the rear. Just big enough for the 33" General ATX's. We've had experience camping but are newcomers to overlanding. Happy to be a part of the community and I know we'll learn a lot here on OB!IMG_20200623_125130712_HDR.jpg

DefCon2

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Taylor, MI, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Rebar
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all. It's great to be a member, and I just began reading these forums and am impressed by everyone's passion and demeanor. I hope I can fit in.

My rig is a 2003 Jeep TJ. I Nick-named it Underdog because I got it as non-running 4.0 manual X model in need of a clutch and a deep interior cleaning. I love to turn wrenches, so after some TLC with a BFH and three times dropping the trans in order to replace all of the peripherals which had punched out with the original clutch, I had my first Wrangler (I previously had owned an XJ and then a ZJ) that I fell in love with.

True to the JustEmptyEveryPocket theme, I began to build a more capable and enjoyable rig. Two-hundred and eighty thousand miles later I sprouted a racquetball size hole in the side of the block through cylinder one, caused by piston and connecting rod that decided to divorce and break up the family. So now I am swapping that big chunk of cast iron Swiss cheese for a meticulously refurbished 4.0, and am enjoying the process. I'm really looking forward to getting ol' Underdog back on her feet.

I'm very new to the Overlanding scene, and have to confess that I really didn't know that it existed until a year or so ago. I live in Michigan, where it doesn't seem to be as wide spread as in other regions. One thing that I realized recently is that I've long been fostering a desire to overland, even though I didn't realize that it existed. I remember back in 1996, when I drove my XJ and received my first accessory catalog in the mail. I pored over that catalog and imagined how I would equip my Wrangler, should I ever get one. I kept on going back to the pages with the roof racks and off-road lights. I just dismissed those as silly pipe dreams. But then after sampling all of the other types off-roading, I realized that it was not rock crawling or mud bogging that I was after, but more the ability to drive into remote and tough to access locales, and then to camp in the open air. A bonus was that rock crawling and mud bogging rigs can get pretty unsightly and develop some poor road manners, while a good overlanding rig can remain very streetworthy.

So I'll keep my 3" suspension lift, 33x10.5x15s, and front/rear lockers, and begin investing in overlanding gear. My first purchase was a Roofnest Condor RTT, which should ship in late July. Hopefully I'll have Underdog up and running by then, and will be able to get out on a first adventure.

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy spill, and feel free to drop me a line anytime. I'm especially curious how many members there may be in the area of SE Michigan and NW Ohio. Cheers!

Last edited:

Joshknepper

Rank II

Traveler III

Burnaby, BC, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knepper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7JXK
Hey Howdy!

Originally from California - born and raised. Currently living in Vancouver, BC. I work in the film industry.

I learned how to drive in a 1985.5 Suzuki Samurai JX that my dad bought when I was 9. I still have it and have taken it just about anywhere you'd think a stock Sammy could go. You'd be surprised! (almost completely stock - it does have a 44 Harley Carb mounted with a Sidewinder that is pretty nifty, plus I removed all of the CA smog crap on it.) If the whole family and dogs are headed out, the 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 will see the dirt - we can fit everything we need for a week or more haul in there for all of us. If it's just me and maybe a plus 1, then the 1972 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser wins the spot. I just like being outdoors and off road - so really, if all I had was a 2 door Camry I'd figure out where it could take me. I drove from Alaska to LA in a 2WD , 4 door Saturn in the middle of the winter once. That was.... interesting!

I also like working on cars in general. I'm not a mechanic by any means but you wouldn't be able to tell from my garage. Most of my friends bring their cars to me first to look at and repair if I can before they shell out cash somewhere else. I have a lift and can handle about 5k lbs so nothing huge but it's handy. If you are in the Vancouver area and want to tinker, if I'm not on set, I'm usually down to break out the welder and see what happens! ;)

I've driven all over Thailand (borrowed Suzuki right hand drive) Tanzania and Kenya (Land cruiser, not my 40 but my parents 70 series, also RHD) Northern India (mixture of Defenders and Land Cruisers) and all 50 states. Just now getting into exploring more of Canada. Hope to hit up the WA BDR soon this summer - will depend on if the film industry is allowed to get back into full swing soon or not.

Paved or not I just like driving and getting to a location that I otherwise could not have. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, (butchered quote) "Look, I got into this machine and had fun driving it around and when I got out I was in a completely different place. Isn't that amazing?" Yes Jerry, it is.

Hope to see you on the trails!

Attachments

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to OB! Nice looking rig !

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Christoff

Hey all!
Newby here (kinda).

I am located in Pretoria, South Africa (right at the southern tip of Africa).
My main overland rig is a 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VX-R. This has to be one of my favorite vehicles of all time due to its' versatility and ease of use.
Experience is limited and not as versed as most international members.

Attached is a picture of my little vehicle!
View attachment 160646

Reactions: Kent R

Franeuro

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lloret de mar, Spain
First Name
Francoise
Last Name
Hollender
Hello to everybody!
I'm Francoise, French but living in Lloret de Mar, Spain.
4wd is my life, as I'm the co-founder of Euro4x4parts.com, a big player in the European 4wd parts and accessories market.
But off-road is above my way of life, through 2 major activities:
- extreme 4x4 competition
- off-road travel
I'm very impressed by this big community and want to be part of it!
Take care, everybody, and have fun.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello, Lance (Misfit4) just starting out in the overland scene. So far I enjoy it the community is amazing and very helpful
In sharing what they know. I have a 2018 TRDoff Road Tacoma. I always wanted one and a friend got me into overlanding and I just took off from there, it’s been a journey so far building my truck and watching it go from stock to where it is now. Looking forward to a finish Tacoma build. I’m still a little new so any help from other tacoma owner’s as in recommending parts and products would definitely help me out. I’m a active duty Soldier stationed in the Pacific Northwest originally born and raised in Daytona Beach FL. now at Fort Lewis anyone in Washington want who wants to Link up and hit some trails send me a message. I still haven’t gotten my Hamm license yet that’s coming really soon.. Looking forward to seeing you all on the trail along with sharing some good times.
Welcome to OB! Go check out Rally Point; its a great place to meet other locals and find events near you. I am up in the Seattle area and will be starting up a recurring "event" real soon now when things cool back down. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to everybody!
I'm Francoise, French but living in Lloret de Mar, Spain.
4wd is my life, as I'm the co-founder of Euro4x4parts.com, a big player in the European 4wd parts and accessories market.
But off-road is above my way of life, through 2 major activities:
- extreme 4x4 competition
- off-road travel
I'm very impressed by this big community and want to be part of it!
Take care, everybody, and have fun.
Welcome to Overland Bound Francoise
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information. Robert can also help you navigate the forum for regional information.
Another contact in Western Europe is @Polaris Overland.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Howdy!

Originally from California - born and raised. Currently living in Vancouver, BC. I work in the film industry.

I learned how to drive in a 1985.5 Suzuki Samurai JX that my dad bought when I was 9. I still have it and have taken it just about anywhere you'd think a stock Sammy could go. You'd be surprised! (almost completely stock - it does have a 44 Harley Carb mounted with a Sidewinder that is pretty nifty, plus I removed all of the CA smog crap on it.) If the whole family and dogs are headed out, the 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 will see the dirt - we can fit everything we need for a week or more haul in there for all of us. If it's just me and maybe a plus 1, then the 1972 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser wins the spot. I just like being outdoors and off road - so really, if all I had was a 2 door Camry I'd figure out where it could take me. I drove from Alaska to LA in a 2WD , 4 door Saturn in the middle of the winter once. That was.... interesting!

I also like working on cars in general. I'm not a mechanic by any means but you wouldn't be able to tell from my garage. Most of my friends bring their cars to me first to look at and repair if I can before they shell out cash somewhere else. I have a lift and can handle about 5k lbs so nothing huge but it's handy. If you are in the Vancouver area and want to tinker, if I'm not on set, I'm usually down to break out the welder and see what happens! ;)

I've driven all over Thailand (borrowed Suzuki right hand drive) Tanzania and Kenya (Land cruiser, not my 40 but my parents 70 series, also RHD) Northern India (mixture of Defenders and Land Cruisers) and all 50 states. Just now getting into exploring more of Canada. Hope to hit up the WA BDR soon this summer - will depend on if the film industry is allowed to get back into full swing soon or not.

Paved or not I just like driving and getting to a location that I otherwise could not have. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, (butchered quote) "Look, I got into this machine and had fun driving it around and when I got out I was in a completely different place. Isn't that amazing?" Yes Jerry, it is.

Hope to see you on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
There is lots of information about the WABDR on the forum, including several Rally Points happening very soon.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Joshknepper

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello TJ (@Squatchsequoia ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert at some point when things settle down again.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Squatchsequoia

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. It's great to be a member, and I just began reading these forums and am impressed by everyone's passion and demeanor. I hope I can fit in.

My rig is a 2003 Jeep TJ. I Nick-named it Underdog because I got it as non-running 4.0 manual X model in need of a clutch and a deep interior cleaning. I love to turn wrenches, so after some TLC with a BFH and three times dropping the trans in order to replace all of the peripherals which had punched out with the original clutch, I had my first Wrangler (I previously had owned an XJ and then a ZJ) that I fell in love with.

True to the JustEmptyEveryPocket theme, I began to build a more capable and enjoyable rig. Two-hundred and eighty thousand miles later I sprouted a racquetball size hole in the side of the block through cylinder one, caused by piston and connecting rod that decided to divorce and break up the family. So now I am swapping that big chunk of cast iron Swiss cheese for a meticulously refurbished 4.0, and am enjoying the process. I'm really looking forward to getting ol' Underdog back on her feet.

I'm very new to the Overlanding scene, and have to confess that I really didn't know that it existed until a year or so ago. I live in Michigan, where it doesn't seem to be as wide spread as in other regions. One thing that I realized recently is that I've long been fostering a desire to overland, even though I didn't realize that it existed. I remember back in 1996, when I drove my XJ and received my first accessory catalog in the mail. I pored over that catalog and imagined how I would equip my Wrangler, should I ever get one. I kept on going back to the pages with the roof racks and off-road lights. I just dismissed those as silly pipe dreams. But then after sampling all of the other types off-roading, I realized that it was not rock crawling or mud bogging that I was after, but more the ability to drive into remote and tough to access locales, and then to camp in the open air. A bonus was that rock crawling and mud bogging rigs can get pretty unsightly and develop some poor road manners, while a good overlanding rig can remain very streetworthy.

So I'll keep my 3" suspension lift, 33x10.5x15s, and front/rear lockers, and begin investing in overlanding gear. My first purchase was a Roofnest Condor RTT, which should ship in late July. Hopefully I'll have Underdog up and running by then, and will be able to get out on a first adventure.

Thanks for bearing with my lengthy spill, and feel free to drop me a line anytime. I'm especially curious how many members there may be in the area of SE Michigan and NW Ohio. Cheers!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @MTOutdoorsman & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: DefCon2

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

I'm TJ and my family and I are in the northwest Phoenix, AZ area. Our rig is a 2006 Toyota Sequoia with a Bilstein 5100 budget lift up front and 3" lift coils in the rear. Just big enough for the 33" General ATX's. We've had experience camping but are newcomers to overlanding. Happy to be a part of the community and I know we'll learn a lot here on OB!View attachment 160777
Welcome to Overland Bound TJ
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information. Brien can also help you get in touch with the local Phoenix meet-up if your interested.

Reactions: Squatchsequoia

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Eastern Shore, MD
90 Toyota FJ62 Landcruiser
Novice
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova