Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2006 Silverado 2500HD
Experience: Plenty of camping in general but zero overland

I am just starting to build out my rig. Waiting on a universal rack from RCI Offroad and I have a Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800 rooftop tent sitting on the ground waiting to be installed. Looking forward to finding many adventures and meeting some of you all in the process.
Welcome To Overland Bound
FYI, we have a Full Size Rig page on the forum that might help you with your build.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Cendee & @radwelder
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Blackedout_actual

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
My name is Joel and I am super excited to be a new member of Overland Bound! I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD offroad, and Iove Roadtrips and camping with my family but I am now looking to expand my adventures a little further!

Here are a few pics of my Tacoma on my current roadtrip!
Welcome to Overland Bound Joel.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!!

I just recently became a member when I started building out my rig. I have been interested in overlanding for a while but didn’t have a rig until now. My wife and I took our 2014 GX 460 for its first trip last week to Cloudcroft NM. We had a blast and are looking forward to more adventures!! I would really like to meet members (local and far) to share stories, go on rides and get advice to continue building up our rig.

2014 GX 460
Old Man Emu 3” lift
Fuel Blitz wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Prinsu Roof Rack
Personally built cooler slider
Welcome to Overland Bound
Great looking rig and a very strong platform to start with.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Grnevarez

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current rig: 2003 Chevy Suburban lifted by Suboverland
Experience: A little bit
Happy trails
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Planning page for trips being planned by members. There has been a meetup in Las Vegas that sporadically meets.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New family currently residing in the San Diego area. Looking for some local guidance as we move through the CONUS and OCONUS travels.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD

Iceman.Actual

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cape Coral, FL, USA
First Name
Payton
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

Rig: 2006 Silverado 2500HD
Experience: Plenty of camping in general but zero overland

I am just starting to build out my rig. Waiting on a universal rack from RCI Offroad and I have a Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800 rooftop tent sitting on the ground waiting to be installed. Looking forward to finding many adventures and meeting some of you all in the process.
Intrigued to see the outcome, and hopefully some inspiration for my 1500. I'll be moving down Cape Coral way with the wife after I'm out of the service. Do some good scouting and maybe we'll have to get some coffee on a hilltop in Northern Florida.
Cheers and Welcome

Reactions: Blackedout_actual

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y'all!

Payton here, I'm kinda from all over the Eastern Seaboard being active duty Navy, but now get to call Florida home as the wife and I just closed on our first house down in Cape Coral.
I just bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss that I am slowly getting rigged up in hopes of overlanding in the near future.
I have no experience per say in overlanding, but immense camping knowledge growing up in the Scouts and Field experience.
Any and all rigging advice is helpful as I am very novice when it comes to vehicles in general, let alone outfitting for overlanding.

Also, for those looking for medical coverage I'm an EMT on top of being a Corpsman with TCCC, ALCS, and Army 68W training so I'm very proficient in my craft and would love to provide if available!

-Cheers, Payton

View attachment 160113
(Fresh off the lot!)
Welcome To Overland Bound Payton.
Great looking rig, that model is new to me hopefully you will post some pictures of your build.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder & @Cendee

Reactions: Iceman.Actual

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New OB Member checking in from the Los Angeles area....

Rig: 2010 Nissan Xterra 4x4, OME Lift, Shrockworks Bumpers & Skids, Warn Winch, and more.
Exp: Intermediate. Started getting out about 5 years ago and I just keep building on what I know through the willingness of others to share. I am joined by my lovely wife who is a great co-pilot, and my beautiful young kids who I want to instill a sense of wonder for the outdoors (and not just their electronic devices).

I look forward to being part of the community! - James
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from the PNW,

I am very new to Overlanding and recently realized that I live in one of the best areas of the country to get out and do so. I have been roaming the local forest roads and state land and planning my first overnighter soon. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado CCLB Diesel. Can’t wait to raise it up and put new shoes on her. If you are in SW Washington or the Portland area, give me a shout and I would be glad to chat.

Jeff
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeff.
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Reactions: StoicBuddha

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone, introducing myself and hope everyone is safe and keeping sane.

Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Exp: Just getting started!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Here are some links to the local SacArea meet-ups
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Woodland Hills. I look forward to getting back out there.
Welcome to Overland Bound Erico Antonio.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

SamK

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Melbourne VIC, Australia
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Keevers
Member #

Hi,
New member Sam here again. I didn't have a chance to upload some photos yesterday so here's some pics from the two times I've managed to get out there since I bought my FJ. The beach shots are from my first time driving on sand back in January up at Teewah in QLD and the shot with my dog is closer to home at 90 Mile Beach in Gippsland. The feeling I had looking at the sun rise up out of the Pacific Ocean was the reason I bought a 4WD and I can't wait to get back there.
Take care.

Attachments

Blackedout_actual

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Horn
Member #

Intrigued to see the outcome, and hopefully some inspiration for my 1500. I'll be moving down Cape Coral way with the wife after I'm out of the service. Do some good scouting and maybe we'll have to get some coffee on a hilltop in Northern Florida.
Cheers and Welcome
I have a few places I can go already, one of them being private land. Definitely will be posting pictures of my truck as I add things to it.

Redwngs

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Folsom, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Overmyer
Member #

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Here are some links to the local SacArea meet-ups
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado County CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Thanks for the local info! Very cool

Reactions: Kent R

mamacass

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arkansas
First Name
Cassie
Last Name
Young
Hello everyone! I'm Cassie.

1. Northwest Arkansas
2. I drive a Subaru Ascent and our trail rig is a '07 GX470.
3. We have done a couple of trips, have camped a little, and are just now getting more serious about completing more and longer adventures. Overall, I would consider us beginners.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm Cassie.

1. Northwest Arkansas
2. I drive a Subaru Ascent and our trail rig is a '07 GX470.
3. We have done a couple of trips, have camped a little, and are just now getting more serious about completing more and longer adventures. Overall, I would consider us beginners.
Hi Cassie! Welcome from NE Oklahoma

hiazak

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

US
First Name
David
Last Name
Browner
Member #

Hello from Hot Phoenix Arizona!!

I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon and I am brand new to overlanding. Looking forward to meeting others and learning more about overlanding. Attached are some photos. Cheers!!!

RTT.jpgWorking.jpgrainbow.jpgMuddy.jpg

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey people, my name is Michael, I am a Leo and I like like long drives in the outback with my mate, Howard. I live in Sydney Australia and Meet Howard the Hilux, he is my blue friend (Trust me it is blue under that dirt) Usually he needs a bath as I would rather drive him than wash him.
He is a work in progress as after every trip I find something I want to change, hey it keeps me out of the pub and too poor to afford a mistress So the wife is happy.
View attachment 160220
View attachment 160225
Hello Michael "Pearsy67" (@Pearsy67), Welcome to Overland Bound from Tamworth NSW.

I am Adrian one of your NSW Member Reps, if there is anything I can do to help you please message me at @Aussie571

Check out the New South Wales Region or any other sub-forum for local or global information and involvement opportunities.

Overland Bound Forum Pages & Facebook Groups:
New South Wales Region Facebook - Overland Bound - New South Wales
Queensland Region Facebook - Overland Bound - Queensland
Victoria Region Facebook - Overland Bound - Victoria

New Zealand Region

If you have any further questions please message our

Regional Director at @Luis Merlo or Myself at @Aussie571

Last edited:

jdreardon07

Rank 0

Contributor I

Noel,MO
First Name
JD
Last Name
Reardon
Hey y'all my names JD Reardon from noel Missouri. I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger. Im a beginner and looking forward to fun adventures in the future! The only trip my wife and I have done so far has been a day trip to Mark Twain NF around the Glade Top Trail Area.

Attachments