First Name
Robert
Last Name
Pagan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IYM
Hello Everyone!

Joined a few weeks ago... My name is Robert and my wife is Letty. I had a Grand Cherokee over 10 years ago and did the Mojave Trail and loved it! I've been lusting after the Wrangler for years and in 2017 bought an Unlimited Rubicon Ricoh that I have been slowly working on. I joined to connect with like-minded people to get out and explore the dirt to relieve myself from the asphalt.

In the process of installing a rooftop tent and building my own custom galley... Can't wait to join some meetups and trips! I do a fair amount of Solo trips because I enjoy the solitude but would like to join others on the trail!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

Joined a few weeks ago... My name is Robert and my wife is Letty. I had a Grand Cherokee over 10 years ago and did the Mojave Trail and loved it! I've been lusting after the Wrangler for years and in 2017 bought an Unlimited Rubicon Ricoh that I have been slowly working on. I joined to connect with like-minded people to get out and explore the dirt to relieve myself from the asphalt.

In the process of installing a rooftop tent and building my own custom galley... Can't wait to join some meetups and trips! I do a fair amount of Solo trips because I enjoy the solitude but would like to join others on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert & Letty.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy all,
Johnno here, new member.
Live in Brisbane, Australia
2013 Mazda Bt50
Been 4wding for over 10years now. But always love learning new things. Enjoy exploring and taking the long way to get to a destination.

Cheers
Johnno
Welcome to Overland Bound Johnno
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @bjy10
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I'm a new member today and excited to join the OB community (OB 25245). I'm based out of Boulder City, NV, and Death Valley, CA. I've been camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors for many years, but relatively new to overlanding. Current rig is a 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD and 2018 T@G Outback. Also a two way radio enthusiast - N5TYH (amateur) and WRBK863 (GMRS), running UHF analog and DMR (mobile) and 20M/40M HF (base in Death Valley). Looking forward to new adventures with the OB community!

View attachment 160029
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
In case you are interested Overland Bound is in the process of working on a volunteer agreement with Death Valley NP, and hope to start doing some cleanups and trail restoration later this year.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is Doug and my wife's name is Victoria. We are fairly new to the Overlanding scene. We live in Western, NY , look forward to meeting fellow members. Our vehicle is 2015 Ford F150. We are in the process of outfitting it now. We had been sitting on the fence about joining for quite some time , but at the end of May we did it. View attachment 160021
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug & Victoria
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: F8OO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, just joined this evening. My
Vehicle: 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Experience: Light to Moderate Off-Roading, Many of the nations national parks.
Overland Bound number: 24839.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Hey - New member intro here (OB 24118)

First and foremost I love the guiding principles of OB and the concept of adventure is for everyone. I am an avid adventure and outdoor junkie living in the San Francisco Bay Area (small town of Moraga to be specific). Mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, mountaineering, I'm always game! I just love being outdoors and exploring remote places. Two years ago I climbed Mt. Whitney with some friends and wished I had more time to play in the Alabama Hills and just disappear! Or spend more time down the 395 corridor from Bridgeport to Lone Pine/Independence in the eastern sierras - such a killer zone. Good to have aspirations to look forward to!

I have two boys 9 and 7 and want to make sure they also experience the sense of adventure in the wilds. I hope to meet like minded individuals and learn from folks who are likely way smarter than I am in this space :) My stock 2006 4Runner Limited has served me well for many years however I have recently been looking at the Power Wagon - need space for wife, two boys, and two dogs + gear and 4 bikes! Anyway, I am stoked to here in the forums and looking to connect and learn from others.

Aaron
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm excited to be a new member.
My family and I live in Cincinnati, OH.
My current rig is a 2009 Land Rover LR3 but on 8/14/20 we take delivery of our new 2020 Defender.
I'm an experienced off-road driver and as a family, we have a fair amount of overlanding experience in the U.S.
Looking forward to some international trips when COVID slows down.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @MTOutdoorsman & @Ohio Valley Overland
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member Here
2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon
Bumpass, VA
Novice - She has only been on the pavement as we just got her. Can't wait to start exploring.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives to you are @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Columbia, MO. Looking forward to meeting members, rally points in my area, etc.
Welcome to Overland Bound Joe.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514 & @Iwata77
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sam here!

1) View attachment 159961
2) Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
3) 2018 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4
4) Overlanding Experience Background, Novice

I love camping and always wanted to go Overlanding. I'm here to learn.
Welcome to Overland Bound Sam
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello-
I've been lurking for awhile and decided to become a member last night, after seeing the app was live. I've been backpacking in CO and SD the last few years with my sons Scout troop and this year couldn't because of illness. I am currently sitting at an rv park playing a support role for the troop. On my days off, I've been roaming the mountaintains in the Westcliffe, CO area in my 1997 FZJ80 I acquired last fall, approximately 225,000 miles. The photo was taken a few days ago at a campsite on the Hermit Pass Trail. It was already built and I just have a few tweaks to the 4x4labs rear bumper and creature comforts to add, dometic is already installed. Home base is in NE Oklahoma.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm a new member and decided to join after watching many of the OB videos on YouTube. I bought a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser last August which was completely stock. I'm gradually preparing the vehicle for some planned Outback trips soon. I'm looking forward to being part of this community!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ben.dicoot
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I too am a brand new member as of today! I have a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80. I am in Monrovia/El Monte area and am looking to make some friends/contacts to on trails with and explore. Thanks to everyone and thanks to Michael for all of the great Overland Bound Youtube videos.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Hey - New member intro here (OB 24118)

First and foremost I love the guiding principles of OB and the concept of adventure is for everyone. I am an avid adventure and outdoor junkie living in the San Francisco Bay Area (small town of Moraga to be specific). Mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, mountaineering, I'm always game! I just love being outdoors and exploring remote places. Two years ago I climbed Mt. Whitney with some friends and wished I had more time to play in the Alabama Hills and just disappear! Or spend more time down the 395 corridor from Bridgeport to Lone Pine/Independence in the eastern sierras - such a killer zone. Good to have aspirations to look forward to!

I have two boys 9 and 7 and want to make sure they also experience the sense of adventure in the wilds. I hope to meet like minded individuals and learn from folks who are likely way smarter than I am in this space :) My stock 2006 4Runner Limited has served me well for many years however I have recently been looking at the Power Wagon - need space for wife, two boys, and two dogs + gear and 4 bikes! Anyway, I am stoked to here in the forums and looking to connect and learn from others.

Aaron
Hey Aaron, Moraga is represented now!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...

This coming Sunday there is a north bay meet up happening that you can find on the calendar, it’s the very first meet up happening there.

www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

StoicBuddha

Rank II

Contributor III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
O
Member #

Hello from the PNW,

I am very new to Overlanding and recently realized that I live in one of the best areas of the country to get out and do so. I have been roaming the local forest roads and state land and planning my first overnighter soon. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado CCLB Diesel. Can’t wait to raise it up and put new shoes on her. If you are in SW Washington or the Portland area, give me a shout and I would be glad to chat.

Jeff

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hello from the PNW,

I am very new to Overlanding and recently realized that I live in one of the best areas of the country to get out and do so. I have been roaming the local forest roads and state land and planning my first overnighter soon. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado CCLB Diesel. Can’t wait to raise it up and put new shoes on her. If you are in SW Washington or the Portland area, give me a shout and I would be glad to chat.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound.
I love those Colorado’s!
I was actually in Vancouver the last couple days for work.

@M Rose is our region rep, so if you have any questions we will do our best to help.

Check out the Meetup page for the Northwest. If you plan on heading out, you can make an event and invite others to join you.
Hope to meet you out there some day!

Reactions: Kent R