First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hello from the PNW,

I am very new to Overlanding and recently realized that I live in one of the best areas of the country to get out and do so. I have been roaming the local forest roads and state land and planning my first overnighter soon. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado CCLB Diesel. Can’t wait to raise it up and put new shoes on her. If you are in SW Washington or the Portland area, give me a shout and I would be glad to chat.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, welcome to Overland Bound.
I love those Colorado’s!
I was actually in Vancouver the last couple days for work.

@M Rose is our region rep, so if you have any questions we will do our best to help.

Check out the Meetup page for the Northwest. If you plan on heading out, you can make an event and invite others to join you.
Hope to meet you out there some day!

Reactions: Kent R

jmorin41

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canoga Park, CA 91303
First Name
James
Last Name
Morin
Member #

New OB Member checking in from the Los Angeles area....

Rig: 2010 Nissan Xterra 4x4, OME Lift, Shrockworks Bumpers & Skids, Warn Winch, and more.
Exp: Intermediate. Started getting out about 5 years ago and I just keep building on what I know through the willingness of others to share. I am joined by my lovely wife who is a great co-pilot, and my beautiful young kids who I want to instill a sense of wonder for the outdoors (and not just their electronic devices).

I look forward to being part of the community! - James

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm excited to be a new member.
My family and I live in Cincinnati, OH.
My current rig is a 2009 Land Rover LR3 but on 8/14/20 we take delivery of our new 2020 Defender.
I'm an experienced off-road driver and as a family, we have a fair amount of overlanding experience in the U.S.
Looking forward to some international trips when COVID slows down.
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Rig: 2010 Nissan Xterra 4x4, OME Lift, Shrockworks Bumpers & Skids, Warn Winch, and more.
Exp: Intermediate. Started getting out about 5 years ago and I just keep building on what I know through the willingness of others to share. I am joined by my lovely wife who is a great co-pilot, and my beautiful young kids who I want to instill a sense of wonder for the outdoors (and not just their electronic devices).

Hello James, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy all,
Johnno here, new member.
Live in Brisbane, Australia
2013 Mazda Bt50
Been 4wding for over 10years now. But always love learning new things. Enjoy exploring and taking the long way to get to a destination.

Cheers
Johnno
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! I'm a new member today and excited to join the OB community (OB 25245). I'm based out of Boulder City, NV, and Death Valley, CA. I've been camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors for many years, but relatively new to overlanding. Current rig is a 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD and 2018 T@G Outback. Also a two way radio enthusiast - N5TYH (amateur) and WRBK863 (GMRS), running UHF analog and DMR (mobile) and 20M/40M HF (base in Death Valley). Looking forward to new adventures with the OB community!

View attachment 160029
Hello Mark, welcome to the OB community.

Iceman.Actual

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cape Coral, FL, USA
First Name
Payton
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

Hey Y'all!

Payton here, I'm kinda from all over the Eastern Seaboard being active duty Navy, but now get to call Florida home as the wife and I just closed on our first house down in Cape Coral.
I just bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss that I am slowly getting rigged up in hopes of overlanding in the near future.
I have no experience per say in overlanding, but immense camping knowledge growing up in the Scouts and Field experience.
Any and all rigging advice is helpful as I am very novice when it comes to vehicles in general, let alone outfitting for overlanding.

Also, for those looking for medical coverage I'm an EMT on top of being a Corpsman with TCCC, ALCS, and Army 68W training so I'm very proficient in my craft and would love to provide if available!

-Cheers, Payton

Capture.JPG
(Fresh off the lot!)

Reactions: Big G and Iwata77

smad0509

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cameron, Moore County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Madrid
Member #

Welcome

Grnevarez

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

El Paso, TX, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Nevarez
Member #

Hello everyone!!

I just recently became a member when I started building out my rig. I have been interested in overlanding for a while but didn’t have a rig until now. My wife and I took our 2014 GX 460 for its first trip last week to Cloudcroft NM. We had a blast and are looking forward to more adventures!! I would really like to meet members (local and far) to share stories, go on rides and get advice to continue building up our rig.

2014 GX 460
Old Man Emu 3” lift
Fuel Blitz wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Prinsu Roof Rack
Personally built cooler slider

Attachments

Endless

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

New Braunfels, Texas, United States
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Mendoza
Member #

Hello everyone!
My name is Joel and I am super excited to be a new member of Overland Bound! I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD offroad, and Iove Roadtrips and camping with my family but I am now looking to expand my adventures a little further!

Here are a few pics of my Tacoma on my current roadtrip!

Attachments

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
New family currently residing in the San Diego area. Looking for some local guidance as we move through the CONUS and OCONUS travels.
Hey guys! Welcome to the crew. I was born and raised in San Diego. Lived in East SD as a boy ( survived), Alpine, La Mesa, Oceanside, Vista, all over. Now call Washington home.
I am sure you will find plenty of members with tons of experience to help guide you through your travels.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hello everyone!!

I just recently became a member when I started building out my rig. I have been interested in overlanding for a while but didn’t have a rig until now. My wife and I took our 2014 GX 460 for its first trip last week to Cloudcroft NM. We had a blast and are looking forward to more adventures!! I would really like to meet members (local and far) to share stories, go on rides and get advice to continue building up our rig.

2014 GX 460
Old Man Emu 3” lift
Fuel Blitz wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Prinsu Roof Rack
Personally built cooler slider
Welcome, Really nice rig you have there. I look forward to seeing more of your adventures.

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Current rig: 2003 Chevy Suburban lifted by Suboverland
Experience: A little bit
Happy trails
Hey Garret, welcome. Used to go riding out at Apex and love Mopars on the Strip out at the speedway, oh and I love Mt Charlston. There’s a lot to explore there

Blackedout_actual

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Horn
Member #

Rig: 2006 Silverado 2500HD
Experience: Plenty of camping in general but zero overland

I am just starting to build out my rig. Waiting on a universal rack from RCI Offroad and I have a Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800 rooftop tent sitting on the ground waiting to be installed. Looking forward to finding many adventures and meeting some of you all in the process.

Coffeemitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Harvey
Member #

Hey! My name is Mitch and I have a bit of a truck and camping fetish! I’ve always been a camper, usually in a tent or a travel trailer, and while I still do that, I am really wanting to have a bit more freedom. Some changes in my life have given me the freedom to expand my horizons, so I figured “what the heck!” I’m gonna chase some sunsets. I’m home based in central Florida and am in the process of building out my rig with an eye towards sustainable travel with minimal “stuff”. I’m excited and I look forward to the adventure!
B541B878-E334-48CD-9E80-B7674475353B.jpeg
Meet Hoss!

Pearsy67

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sydney NSW, Australia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pears
Member #

Hey people, my name is Michael, I am a Leo and I like like long drives in the outback with my mate, Howard. I live in Sydney Australia and Meet Howard the Hilux, he is my blue friend (Trust me it is blue under that dirt) Usually he needs a bath as I would rather drive him than wash him.
He is a work in progress as after every trip I find something I want to change, hey it keeps me out of the pub and too poor to afford a mistress So the wife is happy.
2A75FC65-B9BD-42C2-9F1A-C77F4FDBD1CE.jpeg
F693D293-D150-4F2C-A720-6CF80DA126C4.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey people, my name is Michael, I am a Leo and I like like long drives in the outback with my mate, Howard. I live in Sydney Australia and Meet Howard the Hilux, he is my blue friend (Trust me it is blue under that dirt) Usually he needs a bath as I would rather drive him than wash him.
He is a work in progress as after every trip I find something I want to change, hey it keeps me out of the pub and too poor to afford a mistress So the wife is happy.
View attachment 160220
View attachment 160225
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael.
Great looking rig!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Aussie571
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! My name is Mitch and I have a bit of a truck and camping fetish! I’ve always been a camper, usually in a tent or a travel trailer, and while I still do that, I am really wanting to have a bit more freedom. Some changes in my life have given me the freedom to expand my horizons, so I figured “what the heck!” I’m gonna chase some sunsets. I’m home based in central Florida and am in the process of building out my rig with an eye towards sustainable travel with minimal “stuff”. I’m excited and I look forward to the adventure!
View attachment 160219
Meet Hoss!
Welcome To Overland Bound Mitch
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Cendee & @radwelder
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course