First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi All,

Overlanding novice but we car camp a lot in remote areas, mostly moderate trails/forest roads to get to that campsite that no one goes to and backpacking trails.

-New to Northern California. Arizona backcountry we have pretty good knowledge of.

My Mistress(according to my girlfriend):
-1985 Toyota Lancruiser (FJ60) with 253K (some would say just breaking in, I keep a handful of parts in the back just in case).
-2 drawer, bed platform that is always changing configuration, who would have thought you can fit a queen size bed in an old cruiser.
-300 watts of solar on the roof with 20 Amp charge controller going to a 105 amp/hr agm battery (1200W inverter is still work in progress).
-OEM lift all around.
-Unlimited smiles per gallon with the 4 speed.

Excited to be part of the community and share our knowledge of despered campsites, trails, what we've learned through our adventures.

Lupe
Hey Lupe we are neighbors. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be July 12th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

SamK

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Melbourne VIC, Australia
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Keevers
Member #

Hi, I'm a new member and decided to join after watching many of the OB videos on YouTube. I bought a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser last August which was completely stock. I'm gradually preparing the vehicle for some planned Outback trips soon. I'm looking forward to being part of this community!

ThunderwingLC

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

El Monte, CA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Montanio
Member #

Hello everyone, I too am a brand new member as of today! I have a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80. I am in Monrovia/El Monte area and am looking to make some friends/contacts to on trails with and explore. Thanks to everyone and thanks to Michael for all of the great Overland Bound Youtube videos.

GT3510

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oklahoma
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Workman
Member #

Hello-
I've been lurking for awhile and decided to become a member last night, after seeing the app was live. I've been backpacking in CO and SD the last few years with my sons Scout troop and this year couldn't because of illness. I am currently sitting at an rv park playing a support role for the troop. On my days off, I've been roaming the mountaintains in the Westcliffe, CO area in my 1997 FZJ80 I acquired last fall, approximately 225,000 miles. The photo was taken a few days ago at a campsite on the Hermit Pass Trail. It was already built and I just have a few tweaks to the 4x4labs rear bumper and creature comforts to add, dometic is already installed. Home base is in NE Oklahoma.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello!

Candice #9536 here from Camano Island, Wa.

Rigs include:
1997 Land Rover Range Rover that is my daily driver and adventure companion of choice.
2002 Land Rover Discovery 2 which is the other daily driver of the family, soon to be outfitted with some trail gear.
1974 f250 Highboy - which is a beast.

We mainly camp, fish, shoot and find trails.

PNW makes for a beautiful playground!
Welcome,
@Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. Due to Northwestern Washington still being in phase 2 of reopening Gabe doesn’t have any upcoming trips planned, but he is keeping an eye on things in your area.

Take a look at Overland Bound Meetups for events going on through out the northwest. The Overland By Region has a lot of good information about things happening in the Northwest.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

ZXAndy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wolverhampton
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hi folks.
I'm Andy,
I live in the west Midlands UK.
I have a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi auto. I've spent the last 2years rebuilding and repairing her from a rusty shell.
I've built all of the modifications myself, including building my own roof top tent.
She's now almost ready to start clocking some proper miles and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.
Hello Andy, welcome to the OB community. Would love to see some pictures of your rig.
This is one of my most up-to-date pics.
I have since painted the roof with black raptor bed liner.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
G'day everyone,

New to the forum and a new member. Recently moved to Perth Western Australia and looking to getting out and exploring. I would say I am a little experience but definitely no expert.

If your in the Perth area say g'day keen to start meeting up and getting out.

Cheers, Ozdigga13
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and DF2020

DF2020

Rank II
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orner
Member #

Hi everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm excited to be a new member.
My family and I live in Cincinnati, OH.
My current rig is a 2009 Land Rover LR3 but on 8/14/20 we take delivery of our new 2020 Defender.
I'm an experienced off-road driver and as a family, we have a fair amount of overlanding experience in the U.S.
Looking forward to some international trips when COVID slows down.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello-
I've been lurking for awhile and decided to become a member last night, after seeing the app was live. I've been backpacking in CO and SD the last few years with my sons Scout troop and this year couldn't because of illness. I am currently sitting at an rv park playing a support role for the troop. On my days off, I've been roaming the mountaintains in the Westcliffe, CO area in my 1997 FZJ80 I acquired last fall, approximately 225,000 miles. The photo was taken a few days ago at a campsite on the Hermit Pass Trail. It was already built and I just have a few tweaks to the 4x4labs rear bumper and creature comforts to add, dometic is already installed. Home base is in NE Oklahoma.
Hi Bart and Welcome from Tulsa
@Prerunner1982 and I the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

aaronefsmith

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Moraga, CA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6AEF (previously KN6KOC)
Hey Hey - New member intro here (OB 24118)

First and foremost I love the guiding principles of OB and the concept of adventure is for everyone. I am an avid adventure and outdoor junkie living in the San Francisco Bay Area (small town of Moraga to be specific). Mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, mountaineering, I'm always game! I just love being outdoors and exploring remote places. Two years ago I climbed Mt. Whitney with some friends and wished I had more time to play in the Alabama Hills and just disappear! Or spend more time down the 395 corridor from Bridgeport to Lone Pine/Independence in the eastern sierras - such a killer zone. Good to have aspirations to look forward to!

I have two boys 9 and 7 and want to make sure they also experience the sense of adventure in the wilds. I hope to meet like minded individuals and learn from folks who are likely way smarter than I am in this space :) My stock 2006 4Runner Limited has served me well for many years however I have recently been looking at the Power Wagon - need space for wife, two boys, and two dogs + gear and 4 bikes! Anyway, I am stoked to here in the forums and looking to connect and learn from others.

Aaron

Attachments

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
Hey Hey - New member intro here (OB 24118)

First and foremost I love the guiding principles of OB and the concept of adventure is for everyone. I am an avid adventure and outdoor junkie living in the San Francisco Bay Area (small town of Moraga to be specific). Mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, mountaineering, I'm always game! I just love being outdoors and exploring remote places. Two years ago I climbed Mt. Whitney with some friends and wished I had more time to play in the Alabama Hills and just disappear! Or spend more time down the 395 corridor from Bridgeport to Lone Pine/Independence in the eastern sierras - such a killer zone. Good to have aspirations to look forward to!

I have two boys 9 and 7 and want to make sure they also experience the sense of adventure in the wilds. I hope to meet like minded individuals and learn from folks who are likely way smarter than I am in this space :) My stock 2006 4Runner Limited has served me well for many years however I have recently been looking at the Power Wagon - need space for wife, two boys, and two dogs + gear and 4 bikes! Anyway, I am stoked to here in the forums and looking to connect and learn from others.

Aaron
Love all the bikes! Welcome from Southern California

OverlanderF150

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hornell, NY, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Foster
Member #

Hello,
My name is Doug and my wife's name is Victoria. We are fairly new to the Overlanding scene. We live in Western, NY , look forward to meeting fellow members. Our vehicle is 2015 Ford F150. We are in the process of outfitting it now. We had been sitting on the fence about joining for quite some time , but at the end of May we did it. 20200606_160349.jpg

JMS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boulder City, Nevada and Death Valley, California
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Sappington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5TYH
Hello everyone! I'm a new member today and excited to join the OB community (OB 25245). I'm based out of Boulder City, NV, and Death Valley, CA. I've been camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors for many years, but relatively new to overlanding. Current rig is a 2015 Honda Pilot 4WD and 2018 T@G Outback. Also a two way radio enthusiast - N5TYH (amateur) and WRBK863 (GMRS), running UHF analog and DMR (mobile) and 20M/40M HF (base in Death Valley). Looking forward to new adventures with the OB community!

IMG_0471.PNG