Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi folks.
I'm Andy,
I live in the west Midlands UK.
I have a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi auto. I've spent the last 2years rebuilding and repairing her from a rusty shell.
I've built all of the modifications myself, including building my own roof top tent.
She's now almost ready to start clocking some proper miles and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.
Hello Andy, welcome to the OB community. Would love to see some pictures of your rig.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Glad to join. This is Mike and Terri. We are full time RVer's in a 1987 Bluebird Wanderlodge FC.
We are in Huntsville Utah for the summer.
We recently got a '04 Grand Cherokee and RTT to get out Further
Hello Mike and Terri, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All,

I'm considered on a beginner level of overlanding, have made 1 day trips to easy trails, however We (me and wife) want to learn as much and fast as possible to be on the road and connect with nature.

I hope to transform my rig on a capable vehicle to visit the most amazing places!

Rig: 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Experience: Novice (please forgive my Jeep tires lol)
View attachment 157672
Hello Alberto, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and achaves

Loren Smith

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Templeton, CA, USA
First Name
Loren
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hi everyone!
Loren, Ashley, and Levi Smith here. We are very excited to finally become members of Overland Bound and join a great community. I am a tile contractor and Ashley is a stay at home mom with our son Levi who is 3 1/2 years old. We love camping and recently have found our new passion for Overlanding. We have started modifying our truck and appreciate any help and or opinions on full size 4X4 truck mods or any information or experiences form you guys. We love learning from experience and from others. If anyone is close to us we would love to meet up!

Location: Central Coast of California in the little town of Templeton. We have a wide variety of terrain where we live from dirt roads on Highway 1 in Big Sur, BLM in California Valley, Pozo Mountain, and the Oceano Dunes AKA Pismo Dunes.

Rig: 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 4X4 Duramax.

Experience: Novice. Dirt roads and a little bit of mudIMG_5825.JPG.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I am Roy Shutt and live in the Corpus Christi, TX area.
I drive a 2019 Ford Ranger 4X4 and am a novice at "Overlanding" but have been camping and enjoying nature my whole life.
Looking forward to good help and tips on learning more about off roading and Overlanding.
View attachment 157705
Welcome to Overland Bound Roy.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is a meet-up north of you:
North Central TX Austin
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
Loren, Ashley, and Levi Smith here. We are very excited to finally become members of Overland Bound and join a great community. I am a tile contractor and Ashley is a stay at home mom with our son Levi who is 3 1/2 years old. We love camping and recently have found our new passion for Overlanding. We have started modifying our truck and appreciate any help and or opinions on full size 4X4 truck mods or any information or experiences form you guys. We love learning from experience and from others. If anyone is close to us we would love to meet up!

Location: Central Coast of California in the little town of Templeton. We have a wide variety of terrain where we live from dirt roads on Highway 1 in Big Sur, BLM in California Valley, Pozo Mountain, and the Oceano Dunes AKA Pismo Dunes.

Experience: Novice. Dirt roads and a little bit of mudView attachment 157685.
Welcome to Overland Bound Smith family.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @PapaDave (SF Bay Area) Your are in the middle of the South and North so these two are your closest Member reps.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Loren Smith

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Roy (@RLShutt ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Stomper_TJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Larson
Member #

wow, incredible picture
Thanks. I assume you are speaking of the Jeep pic. that was taken on the ledge drop on Black Bear pass in Ouray, Co. This was a bucket list trail for me, and that picture is duplicating the one I found everywhere online when researching that trail. The reason it was added to my bucket list. I have now completed the trail twice, and plan to do it again this fall.

24ktacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

24K Tacoma here! We live in Paso Robles CA and drive a 1999 ext cab long bed 4cyl gold tacoma with a Go Fast CamperIMG-9631.jpg

We enjoy going to places where not alot of traffic is and where we can escape reality. We have been off roading since we could drive (maybe even before) and enjoy laid back people who are up for an adventure. We do this mostly with our close friends and family.

Hope to see you out there,
Golden Goose

24ktacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tompkins
Member #

Hi everyone!

Experience: Novice. Dirt roads and a little bit of mudView attachment 157685.
Nice truck :)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
24K Tacoma here! We live in Paso Robles CA and drive a 1999 ext cab long bed 4cyl gold tacoma with a Go Fast CamperView attachment 157776

We enjoy going to places where not alot of traffic is and where we can escape reality. We have been off roading since we could drive (maybe even before) and enjoy laid back people who are up for an adventure. We do this mostly with our close friends and family.

Hope to see you out there,
Golden Goose
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.

Carter

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Shelby Charter Township, MI, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hi, I'm Anthony. I'm an experienced camper but new to overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Outback. I've been slowly upgrading her for overlanding capabilities. Spent last week exploring northern Michigan trails and forest roads. Found some great camping locations that we will probably stay on some weekends this summer. Managed to hold my own against my friends wrangler.

Attachments

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hi folks.
I'm Andy,
I live in the west Midlands UK.
I have a 1997 Land Rover Discovery 1 300tdi auto. I've spent the last 2years rebuilding and repairing her from a rusty shell.
I've built all of the modifications myself, including building my own roof top tent.
She's now almost ready to start clocking some proper miles and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.
Hello Andy, welcome to the OB community. Would love to see some pictures of your rig.
Welcome Andy......good having you onboard.

Reactions: ZXAndy and Kent R