Member I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Meihaus
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New member. Glad to be a part of the community. Have a 1995 80 series Cruiser under construction. I am doing the build with a great friend who is a wonderful mechanic “Automotive Excellence” Charleston South Carolina. Bought the 80 with 250k miles and an engine knock. The 80 was worn tired, but rust free. It’s getting a whole new refresh. .
I rank novice with regards to overlanding by all definitions. Eager to learn and hope to meet great folks on the trail. I’m a part timer because I have career and travel baseball team for my 14 yr old that takes all of my time. Can’t wait to meet folks all around. Great community to be a part of!

Attachments

girdwood

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
girdwood
Member #

Hello, all. I'm new to the overlanding (and camping) world. All I've done is military style camping; looking forward to getting out there with the family and escaping the day to day distractions. I'm from the PNW and looking to make our first overnighter with the family this weekend... looking for spots, that's why I'm on here now :). We attended one of the days of NWOL Rally '19 and I was hooked. My background (vehicle-wise) is building/racing VWs. Times change and with this type of stuff the whole family can spend some quality time together. Truck is a 1st Gen Tundra (DC) with a Go Fast Camper and some goodies, nothing special. Looking forward to learning some stuff on the forums!

Attachments

rrichiej

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodside, CA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Jekat
Member #

Hello,
My name is Richard and I am a moderately skilled overlander. As I improve my rig I gain confidence to improve my skills. I have a 2000 7.3L Excursion with fairly significant mods done to the engine and moderate ones to my suspension. I am currently installing a 4kw inverter and Ctek charging system to tend to my four 6 volt batteries installed underneath the frame. I am looking to take myself and my family on more and unique over landing trips. I would like to meet like minded people to build friendships revolving around our shared passion for the outdoors.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, all. I'm new to the overlanding (and camping) world. All I've done is military style camping; looking forward to getting out there with the family and escaping the day to day distractions. I'm from the PNW and looking to make our first overnighter with the family this weekend... looking for spots, that's why I'm on here now :). We attended one of the days of NWOL Rally '19 and I was hooked. My background (vehicle-wise) is building/racing VWs. Times change and with this type of stuff the whole family can spend some quality time together. Truck is a 1st Gen Tundra (DC) with a Go Fast Camper and some goodies, nothing special. Looking forward to learning some stuff on the forums!
Hello Girdwood, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,
My name is Richard and I am a moderately skilled overlander. As I improve my rig I gain confidence to improve my skills. I have a 2000 7.3L Excursion with fairly significant mods done to the engine and moderate ones to my suspension. I am currently installing a 4kw inverter and Ctek charging system to tend to my four 6 volt batteries installed underneath the frame. I am looking to take myself and my family on more and unique over landing trips. I would like to meet like minded people to build friendships revolving around our shared passion for the outdoors.
Hello Richard, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!
Loren, Ashley, and Levi Smith here. We are very excited to finally become members of Overland Bound and join a great community. I am a tile contractor and Ashley is a stay at home mom with our son Levi who is 3 1/2 years old. We love camping and recently have found our new passion for Overlanding. We have started modifying our truck and appreciate any help and or opinions on full size 4X4 truck mods or any information or experiences form you guys. We love learning from experience and from others. If anyone is close to us we would love to meet up!

Location: Central Coast of California in the little town of Templeton. We have a wide variety of terrain where we live from dirt roads on Highway 1 in Big Sur, BLM in California Valley, Pozo Mountain, and the Oceano Dunes AKA Pismo Dunes.

Rig: 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 4X4 Duramax.

Experience: Novice. Dirt roads and a little bit of mudView attachment 157685.
Hello Loren, Ashley, and Levi, welcome to the OB community. Glad to have another Silverado as a part of the group, although mine is a little older, 1988.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everybody!

My buddy has been telling me to join for a while now, and here I am! Super excited to learn from everyone and share some cool spots with the group!

I have a stock 2015 4Runner that I have been getting into some pretty incredible places for the last 5 years, finally ready to get her more trail capable :). My wife and I love overlanding have been doing it together for almost 7 years now, we also backpack and play in the snow whenever possible.

Cheers!

The Carter's
Sacramento County, CA
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,

Dundas, Ontario, Canada
2019 TRD Sport
Experienced back country canoer, camper, explorer. Novice overlander! Enjoying learning about the vehicles, modifications, and exploring in a different way.
Hello Darren, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi, I'm Anthony. I'm an experienced camper but new to overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Outback. I've been slowly upgrading her for overlanding capabilities. Spent last week exploring northern Michigan trails and forest roads. Found some great camping locations that we will probably stay on some weekends this summer. Managed to hold my own against my friends wrangler.
Hello Anthony, welcome to the OB community. Is Shelby Township up near Hart and Silver Lake? I lived in Mi for nearly 20 years so I'm just curious about where you live.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @girdwood ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Greg Eigsti is your closest Member Representative. Check out Overland Bound Meetups Northwest for activities going on in your area.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Welcome to OB! Used to have a 2000 Tundra and took that thing everywhere and loved it! I’m up in Sammamish; feel free to contact me if you have questions, etc. I know there are trails down by you, the Dirt Lifestyle (YouTube) guy is down your way and he heads out to local trails. If you head across the Narrows Bridge you will find miles and miles and miles of fire roads. Look for Lake Limerick in that area, rode my dirt bike there once on dirt roads. Lots of trails in that area, or used to be when I was a kid ;)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Go check out Rally Point for a great way to get involved and meet others. @M Rose has set up a weekly conference call that ranges over all kinds of great information and I will have a recurring meetup up North starting later in the summer. May be a bit far for you but there are options and we can move the location around. I will not be on the forums next week as my wife, son and myself will be doing the WABDR trip that is up on Rally Point.

Yeah, so go check out Rally Point! :)

Reactions: girdwood and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Welcome to Overland Bound Richard.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: girdwood

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member. Glad to be a part of the community. Have a 1995 80 series Cruiser under construction. I am doing the build with a great friend who is a wonderful mechanic “Automotive Excellence” Charleston South Carolina. Bought the 80 with 250k miles and an engine knock. The 80 was worn tired, but rust free. It’s getting a whole new refresh. .
I rank novice with regards to overlanding by all definitions. Eager to learn and hope to meet great folks on the trail. I’m a part timer because I have career and travel baseball team for my 14 yr old that takes all of my time. Can’t wait to meet folks all around. Great community to be a part of!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everybody!

My buddy has been telling me to join for a while now, and here I am! Super excited to learn from everyone and share some cool spots with the group!

I have a stock 2015 4Runner that I have been getting into some pretty incredible places for the last 5 years, finally ready to get her more trail capable :). My wife and I love overlanding have been doing it together for almost 7 years now, we also backpack and play in the snow whenever possible.

Cheers!

The Carter's
Sacramento County, CA
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Here are links to the Sac Area Meet-ups;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Dundas, Ontario, Canada
2019 TRD Sport
Experienced back country canoer, camper, explorer. Novice overlander! Enjoying learning about the vehicles, modifications, and exploring in a different way.
Please email Info@overlandbound.com to get your account up to date. The member number you put in looks like a order number.