Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wife pushed me off the cliff and signed me?us up. From eastern Pa, New adventure 2014 4runner TP low mileage, good tips from your group on builds. Been following for a while, several builds and adventures. meet-up with a few at expodition overland east last fall. Hoping to get rolling next week if the predictors open access to travel.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, I'm Randy, brand new member.
Colorado native. The Springs area to be specific.
2010 FJ, Lifted 2" and riding on 285/70/17's. Other than that, It's pretty much stock for now.
I'm semi experienced. Enough that I am comfortable flying solo.
I'm actually planning a big solo trip through southwest Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico.
I'm trying to head out in the next couple of weeks.
Hello Randy, welcome to th OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Wife pushed me off the cliff and signed me?us up. From eastern Pa, New adventure 2014 4runner TP low mileage, good tips from your group on builds. Been following for a while, several builds and adventures. meet-up with a few at expodition overland east last fall. Hoping to get rolling next week if the predictors open access to travel.
Hello Ron, welcome to the OB community. Glad your wife pushed you off the cliff.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi there,
My name is Daniel and my wife's name is Maria. I would like to thank you for accepting us into your family of Overlanders. My wife and I are big travelers and adventurous people and love to explore new places and events. I really regret for not joining sooner and kicking my butt for it.

OB# 24350
Vehicle: 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
Overland experience: nothing longer than three days.
Hello Daniel and Maria, welcome to the OB community. Hey Dan no need to kick your butt, you're here now and we're glad you are.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 157193

Hello from Vancouver, Canada.

Just recently got my 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 trail runner edition. New to overlanding but have done camping (glamping and backcountry). Slowly getting more comfortable driving offroad and hoping I'll eventually be able to explore trails as I please.
Hello Vincent, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey there,

I'm from central Virginia, have a 94 Jeep YJ and a 09 F150 that are both projects. Ive had Jeep's my whole life and am an experienced outdoorsman. I hunt, fish, raft, hike, canoe and camp. I've got two kids and want to explore more public lands and 4x4 areas. I've got a ton of questions about overlanding and look forward to learning!
Hello Charles, welcome to the OB community. Lots of answers on the forums so dive in and always feel free to post your questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable people who are part of Overland Bound.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New here. From Spokane Wa. 2010 wrangler sport. Just looking for fun to be had.View attachment 157384
Welcome Clifford ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Sandpoint Steve is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

jkuchta3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pasadena, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kuchta III
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is John K., and I just joined up! My family and I were able to snag a new jeep gladiator about a month ago, and the overland build has started to (slowly) take shape. We're in Pasadena, Ca., and are really looking forward to overlanding up the 395 corridor as well as Nevada, Utah, Arizona....and well, really anywhere we can get away to!
I'm a welder/fabricator by trade, so I plan on building most of my own parts and pieces for the gladiator. I'll be sure to post on these projects as they start up!

I want to thank this community for, in the first place, existing. And secondly for helping to make this type of adventuring more accessible.

Best,
John K.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Matt Lew here. I think I did an intro when I first joined the forums last year, but I have not been particularly active as I was distracted with other things in my life most of last year.
I just got a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road with ARE Overlander bed cap a couple days ago to replace my old 2000 Ford Ranger. Sorry I do not have pics of the New Taco yet. I will make a point of posting them once I have a chance to take them. I do have a number of plans for DIY projects that I will be working on to improve the truck over the next few years as I am able. I intend to be starting up more than a few threads following various projects. At present the Tacoma is far too stock (those tires have NO traction in mud) I would call it "Mall Rated" but it is not even dressed up enough to look "cool" at the moment. :)

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello, I'm Randy, brand new member.
Colorado native. The Springs area to be specific.
2010 FJ, Lifted 2" and riding on 285/70/17's. Other than that, It's pretty much stock for now.
I'm semi experienced. Enough that I am comfortable flying solo.
I'm actually planning a big solo trip through southwest Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico.
I'm trying to head out in the next couple of weeks.
Welcome, Randy! Glad to have you here. We got a couple of trips planned for the end of June and the end of July if you would like to join us.

And if you are planning a trip and would like others to join you, you can create a Rally Point with all the info. Let me know if you need any support setting that up.

LuisP_502

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Guatemala
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Escobedo
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi!
I’m Luis, new member currently located in Guatemala and just about to star my exploration trips around this beautiful country with my Jeep Wrangler (my car tent just came few days ago so I’m exited to start this experience)
OBM#24304
Ps. If you gusy come here, let me know so I can show you beautiful places to spend some nice outdoor, camping, exploring, etc, time ✌

Tonyt27

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Hello! Recently moved to San Diego, I’ve got a 2015 Wrangler that I’ve been gradually adding to. New to overlanding, but not to outdoor adventures. Looking forward to learning from and being a part of this community. 756A9B4B-6F66-4167-8196-98D039B0EDBB.jpeg

Last edited:

Real1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Yvette
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

Hi Everyone!
I’m a new member... trying to figure out this forum website... hopefully, I’m starting in the right place.
Experience: Novice..absolutely no experience in Overlanding
Why Overlanding : I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, road trips and spontaneous adventures. I wanted to learn more about overlanding ... so I just thought I’d start here since you have to start somewhere . Hoping to meet others to explore with.

Stomper_TJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Here goes...
My name is Tony, and I am very new to “Overlanding” but not new to the outdoors at all. I am a Colorado Native and have been 4wheeling and camping since I was 14 with my parents, so maybe I just did not know I was overlanding. I Have a 04 F350 Super Duty with rooftop tent, and trailer a 05 Jeep TJ sometimes, or just take the Jeep on adventures others... just depends! I hope to share my adventures and experiences I have had and will have with others!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here goes...
My name is Tony, and I am very new to “Overlanding” but not new to the outdoors at all. I am a Colorado Native and have been 4wheeling and camping since I was 14 with my parents, so maybe I just did not know I was overlanding. I Have a 04 F350 Super Duty with rooftop tent, and trailer a 05 Jeep TJ sometimes, or just take the Jeep on adventures others... just depends! I hope to share my adventures and experiences I have had and will have with others!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative is @Anchor Mtn
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Stomper_TJ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!
I’m a new member... trying to figure out this forum website... hopefully, I’m starting in the right place.
Experience: Novice..absolutely no experience in Overlanding
Why Overlanding : I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, road trips and spontaneous adventures. I wanted to learn more about overlanding ... so I just thought I’d start here since you have to start somewhere . Hoping to meet others to explore with.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Yes your are starting in the right place ;-)
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @TOMB
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
Visalia/Fresno CA meet-up
US West - Visalia Meet up