First Name
Will
Last Name
Patrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5MIL
Hey all,,

My name is Will. Glad to be part of the community!

Rig: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm a novice to overlanding. Have done backpacking a camping trips though.

Attachments

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Howdy Folks-

New member here, and glad to have found this community. I put most of my background in my bio page, but wanted to drop by here and "Say Hey".

I'm getting back into the off-road life and over-landing in my '05 Silverado. She's essentially stock at this point (save for the 33s), and I'll be building her into my dream truck. I'll probably document it all here in a forum, but will try to put it on You Tube as well.

I've recently relocated with my family to Utah from Alaska. Moving out of Alaska was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but aging parents make for hard decisions becoming a bit easier.

I enjoy fishing, backpacking, skiing, photography, drinking beer and whiskey, camp fires, and good friends. What I know of "mechanic-ing" I learned the hard way, and am halfway decent. My job as a bomb tech has given me a fair amount of experience in chasing electronic problems and fixing them. With luck, some of that experience will come in handy here.

Hope to see you all out on the trail.

KG
View attachment 155123
Make sure you join the FB Page Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain as well, we try and post Rally Points and other member get togethers on the OB website as well as the FB page, also, its a good way to interact with other OB members in the region directly. Welcome and good luck!

Reactions: Kent R

Talgayeeta

Rank 0

Contributor I

East Liverpool, OH, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Blanchard
Hello all,
Many nicknames but I go by Andy. I've been into camping and exploring the outdoors to one degree or another my entire life. Some buddies infected me with this overlanding bug. Been upgrading my 1977 International Scout Traveler this winter. Onboard air, gears, lockers, rear disc conversion, steering mods, onboard nav, 4340 axles in D44 F&R. In March a M416 trailer fell in my lap that I've upgraded to have a telescopic roof top tent rack on linear actuators, steel life with gas struts, and fuel/water carriers. Raptor lined the whole dang thing and it went on it maiden voyage Memorial Day weekend. The trailer also has a smittybilt overlander xl and cvt foxwing with walls. Been a fast couple months.
Really glad to join the community and make some connections on where to go and what to do.

931B5E2C-8859-4168-BCDC-B146D542E89C.jpg0962B2B1-F59F-44E2-8199-E6DF698A12F7.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
Many nicknames but I go by Andy. I've been into camping and exploring the outdoors to one degree or another my entire life. Some buddies infected me with this overlanding bug. Been upgrading my 1977 International Scout Traveler this winter. Onboard air, gears, lockers, rear disc conversion, steering mods, onboard nav, 4340 axles in D44 F&R. In March a M416 trailer fell in my lap that I've upgraded to have a telescopic roof top tent rack on linear actuators, steel life with gas struts, and fuel/water carriers. Raptor lined the whole dang thing and it went on it maiden voyage Memorial Day weekend. The trailer also has a smittybilt overlander xl and cvt foxwing with walls. Been a fast couple months.
Really glad to join the community and make some connections on where to go and what to do.

View attachment 156443View attachment 156444
Welcome to Overland Bound Andy.
Great looking set up.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @MTOutdoorsman & @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Talgayeeta

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,,

My name is Will. Glad to be part of the community!

Rig: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm a novice to overlanding. Have done backpacking a camping trips though.
Welcome to Overland Bound Will.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1)
2) Gridley, CA
3) 4 Runner TRD Off Road
4) Comfortable enough to go alone.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't know if this posting will make any sense because I am SO SO SO HAPPY to have finally joined. I have been following the OB Instagram page for quite some time and now regretting not joining sooner as the #'s have sky rocketed since I started following to now. I always felt that if I didn't have the correct vehicle, I shouldn't be part of the club as I don't think a twin turbo charged 08 Mustang would have done well Overlanding :grimacing:. I began my adventure in building an Overland vehicle about 6 months in hope of being able to enjoy the outdoors with my father. My father was in a very bad car accident 3 years ago where he had broken his neck, back, skull, leg, and ankle (among many other injuries) and has not been able to go out since. My father was an avid camper and hiker and he truly misses the outdoors. Since he is no longer mobile and can only travel short distances walking, I thought why not build something that can get my Dad where he wants to go!

1) Will be uploading photos soon !
2) Kirkland, WA
3) 2014 Ram 1500 Limited Laramie Crew Cab
4) Avid back packer and experienced offroader with quads. New to the truck/jeep wheeling scene but many years of recovery and logistics as I use to own my own logistics company.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Matt here...
View attachment 156402
In Cherokee, NC which is part of Western North Carolina
2018 4Runner off road
Pretty new to this but eager to go wild
Welcome To Overland Bound Matt.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: m&m_overlander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, My name is Jason and I am interested in overlapping as a means to explore new opportunities. Currently, my wife and I have a stock 2016 Subaru Outback that we will use for the short term while we break into this new world. We live in Utah County, Utah, and enjoy everything about the desert so far. Can't wait to get started!
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron

SpeakEazy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, FL, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Speaks
Member #

I'm Phillip, I did some fun trail riding in Washington when I was stationed in oak harbor (with my 98 Ford explorer 4x4). But more exploring than actual goinf to off road parks. Since I've moved pack to Panama City Florida 2017. I went back to college and got an 2018 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 4X2. I enjoy riding down trails and exploring new places. Today I'm actually going over to Apalachicola National Forest for some exploring with a buddy. Here's a pic of my truck after Hurricane Michael. Just a scratch on the hood

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all,

View attachment 156443View attachment 156444
Hello Andy, welcome to the OB community. Nice looking set up.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm Phillip, I did some fun trail riding in Washington when I was stationed in oak harbor (with my 98 Ford explorer 4x4). But more exploring than actual goinf to off road parks. Since I've moved pack to Panama City Florida 2017. I went back to college and got an 2018 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 4X2. I enjoy riding down trails and exploring new places. Today I'm actually going over to Apalachicola National Forest for some exploring with a buddy. Here's a pic of my truck after Hurricane Michael. Just a scratch on the hood
Hello Phillip welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Don't know if this posting will make any sense because I am SO SO SO HAPPY to have finally joined. I have been following the OB Instagram page for quite some time and now regretting not joining sooner as the #'s have sky rocketed since I started following to now. I always felt that if I didn't have the correct vehicle, I shouldn't be part of the club as I don't think a twin turbo charged 08 Mustang would have done well Overlanding :grimacing:. I began my adventure in building an Overland vehicle about 6 months in hope of being able to enjoy the outdoors with my father. My father was in a very bad car accident 3 years ago where he had broken his neck, back, skull, leg, and ankle (among many other injuries) and has not been able to go out since. My father was an avid camper and hiker and he truly misses the outdoors. Since he is no longer mobile and can only travel short distances walking, I thought why not build something that can get my Dad where he wants to go!

1) Will be uploading photos soon !
2) Kirkland, WA
3) 2014 Ram 1500 Limited Laramie Crew Cab
4) Avid back packer and experienced offroader with quads. New to the truck/jeep wheeling scene but many years of recovery and logistics as I use to own my own logistics company.
Hello Rich, welcome to the OB community. So sorry to hear about your dad, that must have been a horrible car accident. I think it's great that you want to get your dad back to the outdoors and I hope that works out well for both of you.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, My name is Jason and I am interested in overlapping as a means to explore new opportunities. Currently, my wife and I have a stock 2016 Subaru Outback that we will use for the short term while we break into this new world. We live in Utah County, Utah, and enjoy everything about the desert so far. Can't wait to get started!
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.

BillF4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ventura, CA, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Friedel
Member #

Hello! Excited to join Overland Bound!
Bill here… New to overlanding and ready to get out on the trail. Is the pandemic over yet?
Currently in Southern CA. Driving a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon with a few mods.
Will be at Overland Expo West in July! Can’t wait….

Attachments

Last edited:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello! Excited to join Overland Bound!
Bill here… New to overlanding and ready to get out on the trail. Is the pandemic over yet?
Currently in Southern CA. Driving a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a few mods.
Will be at Overland Expo West in July! Can’t wait….
Hello Bill, welcome to the OB community. Sweet looking ride.