Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2007 Ford Explorer Xlt 4.6l v8 4wd
Charlotte Michigan
Novice, just looking to get into some dispersed camping and two tracking.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joined a bit ago...#22057...1st post here...'10 Toyota FJ Cruiser
We are avid campers but have only done one overlanding trip so, afar. Had a BLAST! Like the site and the people :)
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All - Glad to be here. Novice overlander ready to jump in with both feet.

Based in Atlanta and continually outfitting my 2008 200 series Land Cruiser.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, looking to get into Overlanding and seeing the beautiful places our great country has to offer. Doing a lot of reading and researching and preparing for now and starting on small trips first. Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to learning and getting out there!

1) Attached!
2) Dallas, TX
3) 2004 Toyota V8 4Runner
4) Utter noob, unless you count driving I-95 from Florida to Maine four times.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Jepee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Laval, QC, Canada
First Name
JeanPhilippe
Last Name
Godin
Member #

Hi, I'm J-P, new member 24600. I own a F150. Going out on a trail with a friend last fall, I realised I like to explore in a rig. My family love tent camping and nature, but as far as overlanding I'm a newbie, and I tought a community to help me get tips would be a good start

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi all,

I'm excited to be apart of the Overland Bound Family. My wife and I moved to Redmond, WA just about a year ago from Utah after I graduated from college. I'm currently working as a Software Engineer in the Redmond area. We are loving our time in the Pacific Northwest.
Our awesome and crazy rig is a 2016 Toyota Corolla. She's got a mean 1.8 L 4 Cylinder Engine with a robust CVT Transmission... Sorry being funny there. :) While the wife and I don't have our own sweet offroad ready overland rig at the moment, that hasn't stopped us from exploring all around Washington state. On weekends we always try to find a new place to go hiking and to get something to eat.
Our plan is to get us our own rig here in the coming months now that we have settled into our new jobs and life here in WA. I would definitely consider myself a complete novice at overlanding, though I do have a little bit of experience with light offroading.

I look forward to our future overlanding adventures together! Also looking for recommendations for my next rig!

Robert
Welcome Robert,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @ Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

As for rig... Help Do I Need A Truck is a great place to start. if you need any assistance or advice do t hesitate to contact @Gabriel Bozeman or myself... or any member representative for that matter.

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

HairyDimples

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Weischedel
Member #

Aloha all, my partner Allaurah and I (Jasn) started an indefinite travel lifestyle this about a month ago. Stoked to join the Overland community! We have been researching and planning this for over a year. We have a 2007 Tacoma camping rig on Maui that we are selling. Our main rig is this 84 FJ60. There’s been a decent amount of work out into it and we aren’t quite done yet. It’s currently getting a 5sp and 4.11 Gears at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. We got geared up with the Bush Company Alpha Tent and XT awning from Midguard Adventures in Houston. The bumpers are coming from 4plus in Pheonix. So it’s quite an adventure traveling from place to place getting all the upgrades. We shipped our rig from Maui where we are from. Rocking the HI plates until April of next year!View attachment 153902
Love the paint scheme on your FJ60. I can't wait to see it with those new bumpers!

Reactions: Kent R

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Aloha all, my partner Allaurah and I (Jasn) started an indefinite travel lifestyle this about a month ago. Stoked to join the Overland community! We have been researching and planning this for over a year. We have a 2007 Tacoma camping rig on Maui that we are selling. Our main rig is this 84 FJ60. There’s been a decent amount of work out into it and we aren’t quite done yet. It’s currently getting a 5sp and 4.11 Gears at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. We got geared up with the Bush Company Alpha Tent and XT awning from Midguard Adventures in Houston. The bumpers are coming from 4plus in Pheonix. So it’s quite an adventure traveling from place to place getting all the upgrades. We shipped our rig from Maui where we are from. Rocking the HI plates until April of next year!View attachment 153902
Beautiful rig!!

claytron8000

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

20200515_180232.jpg
Hello everyone,

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger. I am just starting to outfit.

Level: I'm a novice. I did my fair share of camping, ATVing, and 4wheeling growing up but am new to overlanding. I bought my Ranger to tow a muscle car and made the mistake of taking a 3 week camping trek through the Northwest Territories last summer and got hooked.

-Clay

photosubieoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Antonio
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hey all, Antonio here.
I live in Los Angeles, CA.
Drive a 2016 Subaru Outback.
My overland experience is moderate. I'm a landscape photographer so I use the outback for camping and trails. Not a rock crawler by any means, but reliable and capable.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello,
My name is Corey and I drive a 2018 Silverado. Besides some additional storage and the gear within, my truck is stock. As an Eagle scout, I'm not a stranger to the outdoors, but I am new to overlanding and I'm looking forward to many adventures to come.View attachment 153985
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Vahokie9539

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Mechanicsville, Va
First Name
Scott
Last Name
McDougle
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4IUX
Sorry I am completely new to posting and hit the enter button way to soon so try this again. My name is Scott and we are in Mechanicsville, Va and my rig is a 1979 Jeep J20 that I have been working on for five years. It has taken two trucks to make one (lots of rust on the east coast). It has a 5.3 Vortec engine and a 4L60E transmission out of a late model Chevy pickup. Thanks for allowing me to be apart of the community.

Maxmino

Rank II

Traveler III

Montgomery County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Domino
Member #

Hello everyone!
New to overlanding, we are avid hikers, but since I now have a 1 year old I think overlanding is the best way to go around and enjoy nature for my small family. I am in the military, currently overseas, we will be relocating to Tennessee in October. My rig is still en-route, its going to be a 5th gen 4Runner. Thanks again and take care y’all!

Mac'n4runner#1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
McEntee
Member #

Hey There,

Hoping to get some more insight on great overlanding groups and adventures from this form. I've been a CJ Jeep owner for most of my driving life. I just picked up a 2020 4 runner XP series and started with my mods. I am an avid outdoors man and a eagle scout, so I am looking to explore this great planet. looking to find some people and trails down here is florida and Ga to start off with.

Thanks for the great form
James

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey There,

Hoping to get some more insight on great overlanding groups and adventures from this form. I've been a CJ Jeep owner for most of my driving life. I just picked up a 2020 4 runner XP series and started with my mods. I am an avid outdoors man and a eagle scout, so I am looking to explore this great planet. looking to find some people and trails down here is florida and Ga to start off with.

Thanks for the great form
James
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Cendee @radwelder
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Mac'n4runner#1