Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Harbin
Member #

Hey, all! I'm in Coastal Virginia and a novice when it comes to trails, off-roading, etc., but not camping itself. I'm looking to combine the two and see where the adventures take us. I have a 2019 Rebel, bone stock, and am looking to get the necessities and start off on some trips!

Attachments

garsizzle

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Newton, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hi, my name is JJ.
My home of record is in NC but I live overseas in Qatar.
I have a 2019 4Runner (voodoo blue) and her name is ‘Consuelo’.
I work on fighter jets (ejection seats) for Boeing.
I’m a novice, but definitely want to get out and explore, unfortunately I can’t really do that until I move back to the US full time, hopefully within the next two years. So in the meantime, when I come home for a visit, I just go to the mountains. I do want to mod my rig for overlanding and travel across America. I’ve seen more of the world than I have of the US. Anyway, that’s it. Peace!
JJ

HairyDimples

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Weischedel
Member #

Hi all,

I'm excited to be apart of the Overland Bound Family. My wife and I moved to Redmond, WA just about a year ago from Utah after I graduated from college. I'm currently working as a Software Engineer in the Redmond area. We are loving our time in the Pacific Northwest.
Our awesome and crazy rig is a 2016 Toyota Corolla. She's got a mean 1.8 L 4 Cylinder Engine with a robust CVT Transmission... Sorry being funny there. :) While the wife and I don't have our own sweet offroad ready overland rig at the moment, that hasn't stopped us from exploring all around Washington state. On weekends we always try to find a new place to go hiking and to get something to eat.
Our plan is to get us our own rig here in the coming months now that we have settled into our new jobs and life here in WA. I would definitely consider myself a complete novice at overlanding, though I do have a little bit of experience with light offroading.

I look forward to our future overlanding adventures together! Also looking for recommendations for my next rig!

Robert

RCOverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Buena Park, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hello Everyone. My name is Randy and I am currently running a mean 2017 CRV. It gets me some places but not where I want to go. My picture is what I hope to get this fall. I am very excited about being part of this community to help keep the off-road open for all. I can't wait for what lies ahead.

TropicTacoma

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Petersburg, FL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello everyone,
I'm a new member in West Central Florida. I'm from Southeast NM and grew up 4-wheeling and riding dirt bikes. I've traveled extensively around the West and I'm now exploring the East Coast. I got the offroad bug again and have been building a Tacoma. I've upgraded to Dobinsons' suspension, Method wheels and Toyo ATIII tires. I'm looking forward to meeting people and seeing what other people's rigs look like as I continue building my Tacoma for overlanding. E8BA1A8D-29B9-4ECC-8323-1C30A096549D.jpeg

Rio Sauce

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, Co
First Name
Rio
Last Name
Villasenor
Member #

Hey you guys, stoked to join this community. i've been lurking on this site for a while and watching OverlandBound vids on youtube for years. first one i ever saw was the rig walkaround for an epic Sportsmobile somewhere in Ca off 395 i think. Kinda got me hooked on "vehicle dependent travel" content. :smiley:
My partner and i drive a 2018 Nissan Frontier set up pretty stock with a fiberglass canopy and some slide out drawers we just finished building (thanks quarantine for the extra time!)
Looking to get out as much as we did last summer, about 6 or 7 trips, or more depending on the restrictions. So if anyone has some good spot for warmIMG_3236.jpger weather BLM sites in Colorado hit me up!
thanks for this awesome platform to share stories and info btw!!

Wicked.Yoda

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Jasn
Last Name
Foghino
Member #

Aloha all, my partner Allaurah and I (Jasn) started an indefinite travel lifestyle this about a month ago. Stoked to join the Overland community! We have been researching and planning this for over a year. We have a 2007 Tacoma camping rig on Maui that we are selling. Our main rig is this 84 FJ60. There’s been a decent amount of work out into it and we aren’t quite done yet. It’s currently getting a 5sp and 4.11 Gears at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. We got geared up with the Bush Company Alpha Tent and XT awning from Midguard Adventures in Houston. The bumpers are coming from 4plus in Pheonix. So it’s quite an adventure traveling from place to place getting all the upgrades. We shipped our rig from Maui where we are from. Rocking the HI plates until April of next year!BF02DB13-12A0-4F12-9353-55CC644D3954.jpeg

Rio Sauce

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, Co
First Name
Rio
Last Name
Villasenor
Member #

Hello Dave, welcome to the OB community.
Hey, just searched nissan frontier on the search bar to see if anyone is wheeling the same truck and it sounds like we are doing a heap of the same stuff. just got my 2"radflo lift from Nisstec, OME reach HD lift pack in the rear to support the kitchen i built out of the back. Wondering how the new heavier springs ride now? Any change in tire size with the lift?

1589508954568.png

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello to everyone,
I am currently living in Youngstown, Ohio, but have lived in many other places here and overseas.

I've been traveling and exploring in my pickup for the last couple of years. In 2018, my son (23841) and I travel 10000 miles through 7 National Parks, Banff/Jasper Provincial Parks and back again.

View attachment 153836

Last year we climbed Pikes Peak, while overlanding to alpine lakes and rivers to hike and fly fish.

View attachment 153837

My stock F350 (my daily work truck) certainly fulfills my needs so far but always looking to make things better, safer and more exciting.

View attachment 153838

I'm looking forward to learning from this community
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi from North Carolina. just saying hi. been watching vid for a while and decided to join the group. Looking forward to getting out on the trails when the Virus allows.
Just starting to build out my 2020 Gladiator. Hope to see you on the trails.
Hello Richard, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey, all! I'm in Coastal Virginia and a novice when it comes to trails, off-roading, etc., but not camping itself. I'm looking to combine the two and see where the adventures take us. I have a 2019 Rebel, bone stock, and am looking to get the necessities and start off on some trips!
Hello Austin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Aloha all, my partner Allaurah and I (Jasn) started an indefinite travel lifestyle this about a month ago. Stoked to join the Overland community! We have been researching and planning this for over a year. We have a 2007 Tacoma camping rig on Maui that we are selling. Our main rig is this 84 FJ60. There’s been a decent amount of work out into it and we aren’t quite done yet. It’s currently getting a 5sp and 4.11 Gears at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. We got geared up with the Bush Company Alpha Tent and XT awning from Midguard Adventures in Houston. The bumpers are coming from 4plus in Pheonix. So it’s quite an adventure traveling from place to place getting all the upgrades. We shipped our rig from Maui where we are from. Rocking the HI plates until April of next year!View attachment 153902
Hello Jasn and Allaurah, welcome to the OB community.

fjcruiserkel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Kalagayan
Member #

Welcome! “I probably won’t go too far with the mods”. Famous last words! :)
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Dave, thanks for the info on the Bay Area happenings! Hope to make my way to one of the Pleasanton meets once gathering are allowable. Definitely will mark on my calendar.

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

fjcruiserkel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Kalagayan
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Kent, thank you for the info! Looking forward to expanding my horizon:grinning:

Polytal8

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Talisien
Last Name
B
Heyho from the New England Australia.
Long time traveler and outdoors enthusiast.
I have previously owned and worked with a Toyota Landcruiser but am currently outfitting a 2006 VWLT35. Not so good for the rough lands but will bring me to some amazing locations nonetheless.
Very impressed by the info sharing I have read here. well done folks :)

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Heyho from the New England Australia.
Long time traveler and outdoors enthusiast.
I have previously owned and worked with a Toyota Landcruiser but am currently outfitting a 2006 VWLT35. Not so good for the rough lands but will bring me to some amazing locations nonetheless.
Very impressed by the info sharing I have read here. well done folks :)
Welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R and Polytal8