Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
F
Member #

Hey, all! I'm in Coastal Virginia and a novice when it comes to trails, off-roading, etc., but not camping itself. I'm looking to combine the two and see where the adventures take us. I have a 2019 Rebel, bone stock, and am looking to get the necessities and start off on some trips!
Welcome from a fellow Virginian! Enjoy yourself, make friends, and get out there!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Ryan I am just starting to get into Overlanding. I drive a 2020 stock Tacoma and am curious as to where to start with modifications, thanks everyone.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Heyho from the New England Australia.
Long time traveler and outdoors enthusiast.
I have previously owned and worked with a Toyota Landcruiser but am currently outfitting a 2006 VWLT35. Not so good for the rough lands but will bring me to some amazing locations nonetheless.
Very impressed by the info sharing I have read here. well done folks :)
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Your Regional Director is @Luis Merlo for additional help or information and to get in touch with the closest Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from North Carolina. just saying hi. been watching vid for a while and decided to join the group. Looking forward to getting out on the trails when the Virus allows.
Just starting to build out my 2020 Gladiator. Hope to see you on the trails.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

804Tacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlottesville, VA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
F
Member #

Hello, my name is Ryan I am just starting to get into Overlanding. I drive a 2020 stock Tacoma and am curious as to where to start with modifications, thanks everyone.
Welcome Ryan! I'm running a 2019 Tacoma and would be more than happy to help you with any questions you have for upgrades, as all of my upgrades have been through trial and error. Glad to have you!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,
My name is Corey and I drive a 2018 Silverado. Besides some additional storage and the gear within, my truck is stock. As an Eagle scout, I'm not a stranger to the outdoors, but I am new to overlanding and I'm looking forward to many adventures to come.View attachment 153985
Hello Corey, welcome to the OB community. Whoo Hoo another Silverado driver! Although mine is just a bit older than yours, like 30 years older. Nice set up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha all, my partner Allaurah and I (Jasn) started an indefinite travel lifestyle this about a month ago. Stoked to join the Overland community! We have been researching and planning this for over a year. We have a 2007 Tacoma camping rig on Maui that we are selling. Our main rig is this 84 FJ60. There’s been a decent amount of work out into it and we aren’t quite done yet. It’s currently getting a 5sp and 4.11 Gears at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. We got geared up with the Bush Company Alpha Tent and XT awning from Midguard Adventures in Houston. The bumpers are coming from 4plus in Pheonix. So it’s quite an adventure traveling from place to place getting all the upgrades. We shipped our rig from Maui where we are from. Rocking the HI plates until April of next year!View attachment 153902
Welcome to Overland Bound Jasn & Allaurah

Sounds like you in the Central Valley of CA for the time being so don't hesitate to message our West Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
That is one very good looking rig. I love the 60 look.
Here is some general info that might help you on your travels
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -Moved Online for April
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Overland Expo Mountain West in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo East in Virginia this October

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My name is Corey and I drive a 2018 Silverado. Besides some additional storage and the gear within, my truck is stock. As an Eagle scout, I'm not a stranger to the outdoors, but I am new to overlanding and I'm looking forward to many adventures to come.View attachment 153985
Welcome to Overland Bound Corey.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Iwata77 & @igtyr6
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Iwata77

Wicked.Yoda

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Jasn
Last Name
Foghino
Member #

Thanks Kent for the welcoming and the info. We have applied to volunteer at the Expo West so looking forward to that in July!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent for the welcoming and the info. We have applied to volunteer at the Expo West so looking forward to that in July!
Great come by our booth and say hi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey you guys, stoked to join this community. i've been lurking on this site for a while and watching OverlandBound vids on youtube for years. first one i ever saw was the rig walkaround for an epic Sportsmobile somewhere in Ca off 395 i think. Kinda got me hooked on "vehicle dependent travel" content. :smiley:
My partner and i drive a 2018 Nissan Frontier set up pretty stock with a fiberglass canopy and some slide out drawers we just finished building (thanks quarantine for the extra time!)
Looking to get out as much as we did last summer, about 6 or 7 trips, or more depending on the restrictions. So if anyone has some good spot for warmView attachment 153900er weather BLM sites in Colorado hit me up!
thanks for this awesome platform to share stories and info btw!!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member in West Central Florida. I'm from Southeast NM and grew up 4-wheeling and riding dirt bikes. I've traveled extensively around the West and I'm now exploring the East Coast. I got the offroad bug again and have been building a Tacoma. I've upgraded to Dobinsons' suspension, Method wheels and Toyo ATIII tires. I'm looking forward to meeting people and seeing what other people's rigs look like as I continue building my Tacoma for overlanding. View attachment 153887
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone. My name is Randy and I am currently running a mean 2017 CRV. It gets me some places but not where I want to go. My picture is what I hope to get this fall. I am very excited about being part of this community to help keep the off-road open for all. I can't wait for what lies ahead.
Welcome to Overland Bound Randy.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I'm excited to be apart of the Overland Bound Family. My wife and I moved to Redmond, WA just about a year ago from Utah after I graduated from college. I'm currently working as a Software Engineer in the Redmond area. We are loving our time in the Pacific Northwest.
Our awesome and crazy rig is a 2016 Toyota Corolla. She's got a mean 1.8 L 4 Cylinder Engine with a robust CVT Transmission... Sorry being funny there. :) While the wife and I don't have our own sweet offroad ready overland rig at the moment, that hasn't stopped us from exploring all around Washington state. On weekends we always try to find a new place to go hiking and to get something to eat.
Our plan is to get us our own rig here in the coming months now that we have settled into our new jobs and life here in WA. I would definitely consider myself a complete novice at overlanding, though I do have a little bit of experience with light offroading.

I look forward to our future overlanding adventures together! Also looking for recommendations for my next rig!

Robert
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is JJ.
My home of record is in NC but I live overseas in Qatar.
I have a 2019 4Runner (voodoo blue) and her name is ‘Consuelo’.
I work on fighter jets (ejection seats) for Boeing.
I’m a novice, but definitely want to get out and explore, unfortunately I can’t really do that until I move back to the US full time, hopefully within the next two years. So in the meantime, when I come home for a visit, I just go to the mountains. I do want to mod my rig for overlanding and travel across America. I’ve seen more of the world than I have of the US. Anyway, that’s it. Peace!
JJ
Welcome To Overland Bound JJ
When you are in the US - The Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
We have several members in the UAE that can be found on the member map.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, all! I'm in Coastal Virginia and a novice when it comes to trails, off-roading, etc., but not camping itself. I'm looking to combine the two and see where the adventures take us. I have a 2019 Rebel, bone stock, and am looking to get the necessities and start off on some trips!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to everyone,
I am currently living in Youngstown, Ohio, but have lived in many other places here and overseas.

I've been traveling and exploring in my pickup for the last couple of years. In 2018, my son (23841) and I travel 10000 miles through 7 National Parks, Banff/Jasper Provincial Parks and back again.

View attachment 153836

Last year we climbed Pikes Peak, while overlanding to alpine lakes and rivers to hike and fly fish.

View attachment 153837

My stock F350 (my daily work truck) certainly fulfills my needs so far but always looking to make things better, safer and more exciting.

View attachment 153838

I'm looking forward to learning from this community
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Commish1999