Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, Oregon, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Wilkinson
Hello all
My names Thom I live in Portland OR. I recently bought a 1990 4runner sr5 with a 5 speed and 3.0. I’m really excited to be getting back to camping and getting out there (once we are no longer sheltering in place). most of my outdoor experience comes from back when I use to dirt bike a lot. I use to own a ford ranger 4x4 that I would take on light trails.7F2F10DB-7FB7-42FA-839B-95B5BC2C6EB1.jpeg

WV Outdoorsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Virginia, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Nave
Member #

Howdy folks from West Virginia. Proud to be new member 23610. My wife and I love to travel and have completed three 5000 mile road trips west and another trip to the Adirondacks in New York and on into Canada. We have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon. We also attended Overland East last year and hope to return this year. We love camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. We also share our adventures on our YouTube channel under the channel name WV Outdoorsman. Looking forward to getting to know some of you folks and checkout your rigs.

Attachments

RedBeardFlyGuy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Muncy, PA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Goff
Member #

What’s up guys and gals! I’m Nate and am super stoked to be apart of the OB community.I own a 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra that my wife(Ashley) and I take on all our adventures with our two furry children (Kya &Bandit) . Central Pennsylvania is our primary stomping grounds, however we travel all over the East Coast whenever we get the chance. As you can probably tell from the profile name, we are both fly fishing addicts and love where Overlanding has taken us to get us closer to both our hobbies. We’re both looking forward to becoming more involved in the overland community and can wait to attend some events.

Attachments

ngnoble

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Noble
Last Name
John
Member #

Hi Guys Noble here. Great to join the Overland Bound community. I stay in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Originally from Kerala, India) and own a 2009 FJ Cruiser which was my desert toy back then and now did a pickup conversion and overland build. I have another 100 series LC and a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero in US) back there in India for offroad/overland duties. Just waiting for this pandemic to get over and do a trip.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-12 at 20.57.17.jpeg

FJ & Raptor.jpg

Desert Toy for now
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-01 at 17.20.52.jpeg

LC.jpg

LC & Pajero.jpg

Contributor I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Frances
Last Name
Farmer
Member #

Hi everyone!!
I joined this community back in December and I’m just now creating my account and checking out the online community. My name is Frances and I relocated from Petaluma, California to Reno, Nevada about 3 years ago. I’ve always loved the outdoors and grew up spending my summers in a remote cabin in the beautiful forest of Northern California in Plumas County. Once moving to Nevada my life was changed in finding solitude and openness of the high desert! I’ve explored more of this state than some of the folks I’ve met who’ve been born and raised here! My most favorite part of Nevada would be the Elko area! The ruby mountains are amazing! They call it the Yosemite of Nevada. It’s just beautiful (and very different) country than my home state of California. Went from coastal region to high desert! What a climate and scenery flip! I love them both! You grow to appreciate the differences because they each have their own beauty. But again, you can’t really compare them; both are pretty neat.

I got into the world of overlanding via trying to find a creative way to see the state of Nevada. Being that it is really spread out and there’s lots to see- I wanted to take (and keep) my adventures on the dirt! So I started watching YouTube videos on car camping, etc. I the followed up with using the hashtag #overlanding on Instagram and founds some cool accounts on there to follow! I like to see people post their projects of what their working on for their rigs and my most favorite thing is seeing the adventures people go on and the quality time they spend in the outdoors, the little treasures found along the way and let’s be honest- being outside is good for the soul.

I had a Land Rover that was on its last leg (it was only 4 years old but I put a 100k miles on it and if you know the new gene Land Rovers- you know it’s done. lol. It was costing me serious money in maintenance/repairs. I needed something reliable and long-lasting! (I had a little sickness over buying a 50k vehicle and not even 4 years later it was worth 13k.. Yeah, little bitter over finding out the hard way Land Rover is the worst re-sale value. I would’ve kept it if it didn’t have so many problems. But it would’ve just kept being a money pit! So I just had to bite the bullet before the next unforeseen repair.

I did a ton of research and in December I traded in my Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE for a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO.

My brother is currently making me a sleep platform and eventually I’ll get a rooftop tent!

I’ve met so many awesome folks from the Instagram community! It’s so great to meet like-minded folks. Besides growing up going camping, enjoying outdoor activities with family/friends. I’m totally new to this! Actually, I want to say I’ve been doing this for a long time- but now it has a new name and there’s lots more bells and whistles for vehicles.. Ha! I plan on using this community for feedback on destinations to explore and if I ever have any gear questions- I can probably find answers in the abundance of forums on here.

Here’s my Instagram if there’s any west coast overlanders that want to follow! Especially the ladies!! Since ya know, i’m one myself. Ha!

photos below taken where I live in Palomino Valley of Reno, Nevada. I live like 5 minutes from this super cool spot of BLM that’s called, Moonrocks!

Happy Trails, Frances

7E18D578-897D-4564-B947-C9D96C55BB99.jpegEDBEC9D6-9832-411E-AC66-637D7C15F9F1.jpeg54C93D42-844F-4034-8441-C4CFB353C133.jpeg

WV Outdoorsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Virginia, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Nave
Member #

Hi everyone!!
I joined this community back in December and I’m just now creating my account and checking out the online community. My name is Frances and I relocated from Petaluma, California to Reno, Nevada about 3 years ago. I’ve always loved the outdoors and grew up spending my summers in a remote cabin in the beautiful forest of Northern California in Plumas County. Once moving to Nevada my life was changed in finding solitude and openness of the high desert! I’ve explored more of this state than some of the folks I’ve met who’ve been born and raised here! My most favorite part of Nevada would be the Elko area! The ruby mountains are amazing! They call it the Yosemite of Nevada. It’s just beautiful (and very different) country than my home state of California. Went from coastal region to high desert! What a climate and scenery flip! I love them both! You grow to appreciate the differences because they each have their own beauty. But again, you can’t really compare them; both are pretty neat.

I got into the world of overlanding via trying to find a creative way to see the state of Nevada. Being that it is really spread out and there’s lots to see- I wanted to take (and keep) my adventures on the dirt! So I started watching YouTube videos on car camping, etc. I the followed up with using the hashtag #overlanding on Instagram and founds some cool accounts on there to follow! I like to see people post their projects of what their working on for their rigs and my most favorite thing is seeing the adventures people go on and the quality time they spend in the outdoors, the little treasures found along the way and let’s be honest- being outside is good for the soul.

I had a Land Rover that was on its last leg (it was only 4 years old but I put a 100k miles on it and if you know the new gene Land Rovers- you know it’s done. lol. It was costing me serious money in maintenance/repairs. I needed something reliable and long-lasting! (I had a little sickness over buying a 50k vehicle and not even 4 years later it was worth 13k.. Yeah, little bitter over finding out the hard way Land Rover is the worst re-sale value. I would’ve kept it if it didn’t have so many problems. But it would’ve just kept being a money pit! So I just had to bite the bullet before the next unforeseen repair.

I did a ton of research and in December I traded in my Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE for a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO.

My brother is currently making me a sleep platform and eventually I’ll get a rooftop tent!

I’ve met so many awesome folks from the Instagram community! It’s so great to meet like-minded folks. Besides growing up going camping, enjoying outdoor activities with family/friends. I’m totally new to this! Actually, I want to say I’ve been doing this for a long time- but now it has a new name and there’s lots more bells and whistles for vehicles.. Ha! I plan on using this community for feedback on destinations to explore and if I ever have any gear questions- I can probably find answers in the abundance of forums on here.

Here’s my Instagram if there’s any west coast overlanders that want to follow! Especially the ladies!! Since ya know, i’m one myself. Ha!

photos below taken where I live in Palomino Valley of Reno, Nevada. I live like 5 minutes from this super cool spot of BLM that’s called, Moonrocks!

Happy Trails, Frances

View attachment 153645View attachment 153646View attachment 153647
Nice 4RNR I’m new as well but welcome We love exploring the west. We just got back in March from a two week road trip to Arizona and Texas. We post a lot of hiking and other outdoor videos on our YouTube channel WV Outdoorsman if you get bored come check it. Out here’s the intro link to our channel.

That 4RNR should give you years of good Overlanding adventures:)

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to Bunker Hill, WV. I’ve always wanted to get into overlanding and so here we are!

Rig: 2019 Ram PowerWagon
Experience: Novice

Looking forward to the new friends and adventures!

-Kristian
View attachment 153665
Welcome to Overland Bound Kristian.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!!

Happy Trails, Frances

View attachment 153645View attachment 153646View attachment 153647
Welcome to Overland Bound! Frances.
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. @HappyOurOverlanding is the contact. This is a very active group with FB & IG pages.
US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
Hello from Southern Maine! We’ve just acquired a ‘17 4Runner TRD Pro. Luke and I are looking forward to getting out and exploring as this is all new to us.

- Rob Ruffner
@4Ruffner on the gram

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Guys Noble here. Great to join the Overland Bound community. I stay in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Originally from Kerala, India) and own a 2009 FJ Cruiser which was my desert toy back then and now did a pickup conversion and overland build. I have another 100 series LC and a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero in US) back there in India for offroad/overland duties. Just waiting for this pandemic to get over and do a trip.

View attachment 153639

View attachment 153641

Desert Toy for now
View attachment 153642

View attachment 153644

View attachment 153643
Welcome to Overland Bound Noble.
There is starting to be a few members in the UAE so please check out the member map to make contact.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Southern Maine! We’ve just acquired a ‘17 4Runner TRD Pro. Luke and I are looking forward to getting out and exploring as this is all new to us.

- Rob Ruffner
@4Ruffner on the gram
Welcome to Overland Bound Rob.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up guys and gals! I’m Nate and am super stoked to be apart of the OB community.I own a 2nd Gen Nissan Xterra that my wife(Ashley) and I take on all our adventures with our two furry children (Kya &Bandit) . Central Pennsylvania is our primary stomping grounds, however we travel all over the East Coast whenever we get the chance. As you can probably tell from the profile name, we are both fly fishing addicts and love where Overlanding has taken us to get us closer to both our hobbies. We’re both looking forward to becoming more involved in the overland community and can wait to attend some events.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate & Ashley
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks from West Virginia. Proud to be new member 23610. My wife and I love to travel and have completed three 5000 mile road trips west and another trip to the Adirondacks in New York and on into Canada. We have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon. We also attended Overland East last year and hope to return this year. We love camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. We also share our adventures on our YouTube channel under the channel name WV Outdoorsman. Looking forward to getting to know some of you folks and checkout your rigs.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
If you do make it to Expo East, @Ohio Valley Overland is organizing a group campground for Overland Bound Members. If your interested just message him here on the forum for details.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED

Reactions: WV Outdoorsman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all
My names Thom I live in Portland OR. I recently bought a 1990 4runner sr5 with a 5 speed and 3.0. I’m really excited to be getting back to camping and getting out there (once we are no longer sheltering in place). most of my outdoor experience comes from back when I use to dirt bike a lot. I use to own a ford ranger 4x4 that I would take on light trails.View attachment 153589
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, Nick from south central Montana. My current rig is a 2008 Ford F150. Happy to be a new part of the community.View attachment 153582
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from south Jersey. New to the group, intermediate experience. Current rig is a GX470.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, new friends!

I‘m Chris. My wife Valerie and I live in Crested Butte, Colorado and enjoy exploring the trails, camping and fishing in the beautiful mountains in our area.

My rig is a 1996 FZJ80 with the typical modifications. My Mountain Goat has never let me down.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Anchor Mtn & @Neal A. Tew
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: Catdaddy027