Contributor III

UK
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kent
Member #

Hi everyone, from England.
We’ve recently picked up a 2013 JKU Wrangler but also get out in our slightly lower tech 1972 VW Westfalia. The jeep has a few mods lined up down the line and plenty of adventures once we can.
2B0026AD-E6CD-4028-86C7-544B8BBD31D0.jpeg1)

1EDB83D2-D8AB-47C9-84CD-5BC237126396.jpeg
We aren’t new to camping, exploring or driving around aimlessly but we are new to the more “off grid” nature of overlanding. The UK isn’t that well setup for it, but we definitely felt a bit freer across Europe in the bus last year.

stay safe.
Ian & Sophie

BedarBK

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Friendswood, TX, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Bedar
Member #

Hello Keith (@BedarBK ), welcome from Oklahoma. Don't hold that against me, I am originally from Texas.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have a Taco Tuesday Truck Talk meet up coming up next week in NE Houston, Taco Tuesday Truck Talk
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Thanks @Prerunner1982

Wasn't sure if I was supposed to be SE or SW. I've updated my Profile.

vanishing point

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0-HCI
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514 @BlueLineOverland @Iwata77
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Brit married to a Dutch lass with 3 Canadian kids in BC. Have been hauling a Coleman E3 trailer behind our Flex for 5 years, and now looking to replace with a better vehicle and a hard sided trailer as bears are a big issue in many areas we travel.

I've been fighting chronic fatigue and other issues for years, so nowadays need a motor to get into the mountains. Upside: unlimited time off and we can travel as a family for 2+ months each summer. I'm uncomfortable driving in cities, but hoping the slower pace of overlanding will allow me to take some driving duties off my long suffering wife.

Looking at Ford Expedition's with EcoBoost as turbos are a godsend at altitude, and we live in the Rockies. Will be our only vehicle so not looking to go extreme.

Thanks for having me.
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB community. Loved your intro line, it brought a smile to my face. Sorry to hear about your chronic fatigue and other issues. I know there is a BC overland rally every year and I assume it's been pushed to September as has the NWOR but ours is Labor Day weekend so maybe you and your family could come down, we'd all love to meet you. Take care and stay safe. Oh, in case you don't know already the NWOR is held in Plain, WA, just north of Leavenworth.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello OB community. Signed up a couple days ago and I'm a green as green gets newbie to this Overlander thing. Looking forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge on this site. I discovered this Overlanding thing a few months ago and I've been intrigued ever sense. I still have a lot to learn and I will need to acquire some more supplies. Also my rig is in need of some upgrades before I venture out into the wilderness.

Here is a picture of my future adventure rig. A 1976 Ford Bronco.

Fred
View attachment 153416
Hello Fred, welcome to the OB community. That's a sweet looking ride. I'll go ahead and say it since you're from there, "Go Big Red," but I favor a different team. :grinning:

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,
My name is Mike. I got hooked while living in Colorado and exploring with our FJ62. Now that I live in Missouri, we have reprioritized for overland-style adventures in our JKUR or 4runner. Most trips point us back to Colorado, New Mexico, and recently Arkansas. I have been impressed with the values and character common in the overlanders we have met so far - and look forward to exploring, learning, and being involved with the Overland Bound community!View attachment 153403
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB community. Great picture!

Brassmonkey

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hello everyone,
My name is Mike. I got hooked while living in Colorado and exploring with our FJ62. Now that I live in Missouri, we have reprioritized for overland-style adventures in our JKUR or 4runner. Most trips point us back to Colorado, New Mexico, and recently Arkansas. I have been impressed with the values and character common in the overlanders we have met so far - and look forward to exploring, learning, and being involved with the Overland Bound community!View attachment 153403
I’m in MO. Thinking of a trip to Southern MO or northern Arkansas. If you find or have found good routes, please share.

bcardenas_4

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Beau
Last Name
Cardenas
Member #

My name is Beau Cardenas! I am from Devine, Tx but currently living in Lubbock, Tx. I attend Texas Tech University and I am studying Architecture! My rig is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Jk. It’s a Sahara Unlimited! I have created a Instagram @project_yeep every give it a follow! I am new to the overlanding community and have wanted to become a member for months! I’m super excited! Thank you!
Instagram: @project_yeep

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Beau (@bcardenas_4 ), welcome from Oklahoma though I am originally from Lubbock. @USStrongman is another active member also from Lubbock.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

Hey everyone,

My names Kaden.I live in Anchorage Alaska with my wife and dog.
We love hitting the road in our 2012 Nissan Frontier and finding new places to camp hike and fish.
Been camping/fishing and getting outdoors for a few years now but new to truck camping/ boondocking/overlanding to find more secluded spots that most other people don’t want to go.
Pretty new to off roading but eager to learn more and connect with other like minded folks in the area to explore more of the state!

- Kaden
9790A43B-400E-468A-BBE6-06BE9140B0E0.jpeg

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Aloha,

New Seattle area member. I lurked around this website for a couple years, but the videos Corrie and Mike have posted on YouTube since the quarantine started convinced me to be part of the community. Keep up the good work you two!!

Over the past year, I have slowly been building up my '11 Xterra Pro4X into an overland rig. So far, the hardest part is giving her a name.

It has been a couple decades since my off road and camping adventures, so I feel like I am learning all over again. I can't wait to meet people and start exploring.

Stay healthy,

Charlie
xterra front.jpgXterra Painted Rockers.jpg

Geotaco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Milton-Freewater, OR, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
Terry
Member #

Greetings,

New member from Eastern Oregon (North). This will be my second year exploring and overlanding. Looking forward to another year of adventure and meeting other OB members.
Here is a picture of my set up (for now).

Attachments

Skyware

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pacific Grove, CA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Skyware
Member #

New member for Monterey Bay Area. Just got my first tacoma. My brother and I took it out and got it dirty right away. Looking forward to more and some back woods camping. I hope to group with other locals for trips in this area as soon as this Covid is lifted. Keep safe out there!

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

Hello all!

my name is Joe and we hail from the Pacific Northwest! I'm looking forward to learning from all the experienced folks in here. My family and I love to adventure and explore new places.

Rig: 1997 Mitsubishi Montero LS , bone stock. I'm running 31x10.5x15s and just a basic roof rack with basket for now.

Overland experience: Just started overlanding, but have been wheeling for over 20 years. Had several mudding rigs in the past, but overloading is definitely more family friendly. Currently teaching my 14year old daughter how to drive off road....And now she wants her own rig!

Attachments

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

Greetings,

New member from Eastern Oregon (North). This will be my second year exploring and overlanding. Looking forward to another year of adventure and meeting other OB members.
Here is a picture of my set up (for now).
awesome to see someone closer to me! We are in southeastern Washington. Great setup! Hope to see you on the trail sometime.