Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, United States
First Name
Aparajit
Last Name
Bajpai
Member #

Hi all,
I joined the overlandbound forum today after watching Michael’s YouTube channel.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series
Overlanding Experience Background: Still learning

Looking forward to building up my LC for slight off-roading and overlanding. Any suggestions in terms of suspensions and general build ideas are welcome.

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Thanks!

Reactions: Kent R

dsheber

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Windsor, CA 95492, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Sheber
Member #

Hey there, my name is Dave up in Northern California near Santa Rosa. Building up my '19 Nissan Frontier with a 2" Nisstech lift of Bilsteins and a HD Old Man Emu on the rear. 23zeros tent is still waiting to get used, thanks Covid:(. Just finished the bed camp box with a cooking station and will be adding under armor, when I get more $$$. It has been a few years since I went wheeling, other than a few Jeep trips over the Alpine Loop so it's nice to have another 4x4 in the driveway. Thanks all, DS

Attachments

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Hey,
From Colorado and have a Gladiator. I’ve had a few wranglers in the past along with a vintage Range Rover and LR3. Spend my free time 4 wheeling/camping in the mountains and also enjoy adventure motorcycles, currently ride an f800gs. I enjoy running the bdr in Colorado and completed a Moto trip through Baja. Hoping to get off the beaten path this summer.

View attachment 152845
I like that Jeep, and there's a lot of great places to go in CO. Welcome!

crvoverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mansfield, CT, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Dixon
Hey y'all,

I'm Keith.

Rig: 2015 Honda CRV LX AWD
Experience: Minimal, done a little bit of driving through the woods, but just built a bed in the back of my CRV and am headed to Oregon next week. Super stoked, hopefully this inspires a van overland build at some point. Gotten more than a couple ideas from this page, so its great to join

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative @Sandpoint Steve for help or information.
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Open to all members!
7:30 Pacific time
Join us this Sunday for Overlanding Keep It Simple - Back to the basics
A discussion lead by @M Rose .

Rally Point Link
Sunday Night Conference Call
Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

International dial-in numbers: FreeConferenceCall.com

Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando

Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com

HistoryOffroad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

St Andrews, UK
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Hi Paulina, welcome to the region Im the regional director so any questions give me a shout.
Im based up near Aberdeen and we have a good active group of members up here in Scotland so keep an eye out on Rally Point and FB for up[ and coming meets when this corona crisis is over.
Look forward to seeing you on the forums and at a future meet.
Hey guys - another newbie member in Scotland. I'm based in St Andrews. Hoping to get to the Lakes meet in July, but would love to do some tours in Scotland.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

CompassRose

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
S
Member #

Hi everyone - first post from another new member. Been lurking and learning a lot from the forums and OB YouTube videos for a while, finally decided to join up.

Truck is a stock Tacoma TRD OR as of now. For experience: years ago enjoyed backpacking, climbing, skiing, (light) 4-wheeling, ham radio, and DIY projects in the Pacific Northwest. Am now located on the East Coast trying to figure out "online school" for the kids during the pandemic...and planning to get outside for future family camping/overland trips!

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm a student living on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I'm pretty new to overlanding, I've been on two trips so far to VA and am looking forward to exploring more as time (and money) allows. I have a bone-stock 2000 GMC Yukon Denali that I am learning how to wrench on and am planning an overland build around. I'm looking forward to learning on Overland Bound!
20200111_163450.jpg

Cwitz0311

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Janowitz
I am a new member as well as new to overlanding and am looking to get into some outdoor adventures with like minded individuals in my Boise, ID. Area. Looking forward to meeting you all and getting out there together!
I drive an 04’ Jeep Liberty KJ and am a novice overlander. BE740F98-58CA-4A7B-8A53-710CF26C5B6A.jpeg1D2EB818-B121-4A49-A6DE-479478789F32.jpeg0CAD2AB1-C320-4EB8-A18A-CD92F77EAAB6.jpeg757970A1-0CC8-4E27-B326-A1D222CFB415.jpeg

fmcharley

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Ottawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Fernand
Last Name
Charlebois
Member #

Hi all,

Thanks for having me on the forums. Love you guys. And love the work you do at entertaining us and informing us Overlanding especially in these tough times. A little info from me!

Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Vehicle? lol, Mazda 3 Sport (coming: Jeep, not sure which model yet)
Overlanding experience?: Novice for sure, lol, not much I can do with a Mazda 3, but I'm an avid camper. A buddy and I go camping fall to spring, making our own shelters or sometimes tents. We love camping in cold temps, 5 to -30 celcius, or in Fahrenheit = 40 to -18. Deep snow, pulling a sled and snowshoes, bushcrafting and food on the fire.

Thanks for having me! And I know I can certainly help anyone with questions on camping in winter if you have questions for me, don't be shy, love to chat!
Fern (aka: fmcharley)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am a new member as well as new to overlanding and am looking to get into some outdoor adventures with like minded individuals in my Boise, ID. Area. Looking forward to meeting you all and getting out there together!
I drive an 04’ Jeep Liberty KJ and am a novice overlander. View attachment 152987View attachment 152988View attachment 152989View attachment 152990
Welcome once again Cory
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @David H is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Roseu
NW Director
Overland Bound

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all,
I joined the overlandbound forum today after watching Michael’s YouTube channel.

Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series
Overlanding Experience Background: Still learning

Looking forward to building up my LC for slight off-roading and overlanding. Any suggestions in terms of suspensions and general build ideas are welcome.
Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everyone ,
I am excited to be here. My name is Luis Ramiez.

From the Los Angeles area.
I drive 2008 Jeep Commander Overlander
Overlanding experience novice, but tons of camping experience.
Hello Luis, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everybody!

Rig: 2000 Nissan Frontier
Mods: basically stock except for Schrockworks skid plates (best investment ever) and some taller tires.
Skill: definitely novice

Ordered a membership (I don’t know the number yet).

Hoping to meet other members in our area and find some legal trails and camping locations around NJ/ NY

View attachment 152877
Hello Dustin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New to the forum and to overlanding. I am retired US Army Artillery, so I've done my share of "overlanding", but I have never done it on my terms. So, here I am, ready to start learning how to outfit my rig. I live in Central Texas, just outside of Austin. I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and I want to build or buy an overlanding trailer to pull behind it. Maybe something with a tent incorporated into it.

Hope to get to a local meet and greet, maybe an Overland Bound rally once things recover from the current global mess.
Hello Adrian, welcome to the OB community.