Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
Hi there, my name is Rafael, my OLV is a 1989 TLC FJ62, I live in the North Houston area, looking forward meeting you guys one of these days after this Covid-19 thing! I have travel around the US, Europe and South America in many road trips, have camping experience, basic 4 wheeling skills, no like rock crawling and stuff like that, I have mechanical background (my line of work requires it), like traveling, food, and good drinks around great people, family of 6, 4 ladies, my female dog, and me! I know I am outnumbered!! :) looking forward meeting you!
Welcome to OB. I am in the North Houston area also! I plan to set-up a regular meet and greet on the NE side that you may be interested in.

Hurley82

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Norton
Hey,
From Colorado and have a Gladiator. I’ve had a few wranglers in the past along with a vintage Range Rover and LR3. Spend my free time 4 wheeling/camping in the mountains and also enjoy adventure motorcycles, currently ride an f800gs. I enjoy running the bdr in Colorado and completed a Moto trip through Baja. Hoping to get off the beaten path this summer.

E8E03549-D57E-4B5B-B052-27C748EB2F10.jpeg

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi everyone, my name is Paulina and I'm located in Scotland, UK (for the time being). We bought our Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series last year and have done a little bit of a build in the boot to maximise storage space (attached some photos!). Next are. an ARB front bumper and awning. Our first trip was supposed to be to Morocco in April, but unfortunately we had to cancel due to Coronavirus. Cannot wait to get started though. Hope everyone is keeping safe :blush:
Hi Paulina, welcome to the region Im the regional director so any questions give me a shout.
Im based up near Aberdeen and we have a good active group of members up here in Scotland so keep an eye out on Rally Point and FB for up[ and coming meets when this corona crisis is over.
Look forward to seeing you on the forums and at a future meet.

AE8994

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Edmundson
New to the forum and to overlanding. I am retired US Army Artillery, so I've done my share of "overlanding", but I have never done it on my terms. So, here I am, ready to start learning how to outfit my rig. I live in Central Texas, just outside of Austin. I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and I want to build or buy an overlanding trailer to pull behind it. Maybe something with a tent incorporated into it.

Hope to get to a local meet and greet, maybe an Overland Bound rally once things recover from the current global mess.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Adrian (AE8994), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When things resume to some form of normalcy keep an eye out for a North Central Texas meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum and to overlanding. I am retired US Army Artillery, so I've done my share of "overlanding", but I have never done it on my terms. So, here I am, ready to start learning how to outfit my rig. I live in Central Texas, just outside of Austin. I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler and I want to build or buy an overlanding trailer to pull behind it. Maybe something with a tent incorporated into it.

Hope to get to a local meet and greet, maybe an Overland Bound rally once things recover from the current global mess.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey,
From Colorado and have a Gladiator. I’ve had a few wranglers in the past along with a vintage Range Rover and LR3. Spend my free time 4 wheeling/camping in the mountains and also enjoy adventure motorcycles, currently ride an f800gs. I enjoy running the bdr in Colorado and completed a Moto trip through Baja. Hoping to get off the beaten path this summer.

View attachment 152845
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I've enjoyed hiking and camping, including backcountry, as well as getting off the main roads to see the backcountry and camp out for many years as I've moved around the country. So I'd claim advanced novice overland experience. Currently in Pennsylvania and drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to everyone! New member from the flatlands of LA. We enjoy camping, hiking, and traveling as a family. Excited to be a member of the crew!

Rig: '19 Runner ORP with a few mods
Experience: Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: IrieVibes

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Welcome Adrian. I am in Dallas, Texas and look forward to seeing you at meet-ups or on the trail soon. Please feel free to ask any questions......

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey not new here but a new rig to start building 1987 Toyota pickup 5 speed with the 22rte, picked up a taller topper for 75 dollars and semi built the back for a trial run for ten dollars
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Memphis! Can't wait to get my member info!

Below is my 97 4Runner 5spd 4-cyl 4x4, pretty new to overlanding but a long-time Toyota guy and DIY-er. Mainly experienced in backpacking and camping.

View attachment 152743
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Hello everybody!

Rig: 2000 Nissan Frontier
Mods: basically stock except for Schrockworks skid plates (best investment ever) and some taller tires.
Skill: definitely novice

Ordered a membership (I don’t know the number yet).

Hoping to meet other members in our area and find some legal trails and camping locations around NJ/ NY

3344E88B-88F3-4A24-BA3F-88500B4564BA.jpeg

Last edited:

IrieVibes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Baton Rouge, LA
First Name
Dre
Last Name
Jaxx
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Good morning! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Kent R