Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy y’all!
New to the group but not the lifestyle. Been off-roading and camping long before I knew the term “overlanding”. Looking forward to the vast amount of knowledge within this wonderful community.
Primary Rig: 07 Toyota Tacoma DC Flatbed
Original Rig: 79 Jeep CJ7 (in restoration mode)
Experience: lots
View attachment 151872
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982. He can also advise you about the DFW meetups that happen every once and awhile.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, New to group, and I look forward to networking with some great people. Looks like there is tons of good info here!
Current Vehicle: 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
Overland Experience: Novice
Rooftop Tent: Tuffstuff Delta and soon adding iKamper SKYCAMP 2.0
Why Overlanding?: Exploring Hawaii off the typical tourist trail is more my style. I love to be out in nature in Hawaii. the island features so many microclimates form the obvious warm beaches to very cold at 10,000 feet of the summit.
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
We had a group of members do a meet-up on Oahu last year with some participation from the other Islands. You can use the member map to find other members in your area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member here! Corey from Oklahoma.

1. Picture added.
2. Either Enid, Ok or Tulsa, Ok depending on the week/weekend
3. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 3.5L, Manual transmission.
4. Not much experience Overlanding. I've been through a couple of off-road trails and took my old Subaru camping through Pikes Forest.

Not too much done to the rig just yet. I just picked it up a few weeks ago (This was my Unicorn) and am selling my automatic haha. It has a small lift, front skid plate, and (32"?) 235/85r16 A/T's.
Welcome to Overland Bound Corey.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982, @Iwata77, @igtyr6
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! My name is Dennis, and I am looking forward to meeting others on the Overland Bound Forum. The YouTube Channel is awesome!

1) Picture! is posted.
2) Davis, CA
3) 2015 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 Big Horn
4) My Overlanding Experience is novice level. The most difficult route I completed is Berdoo Canyon Road with my prior truck - 2004 Ram 2500.

Thanks!

Dennis
Welcome to Overland Bound Dennis.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Sac Area meet-ups;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from North Jersey!

I'm new to overloading...just been modding my 4runner since last fall. Been on a few trail rides in the Pine Barrens, PA and NY. Looking forward to some meet-ups soon.

New Jersey opening parks this weekend....so likely heading out to burn fuel.

'13 4Runner Ltd.View attachment 151815View attachment 151814View attachment 151816
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
View attachment 151806
Fishiam here. Recently purchased a 1994 Land Cruiser. I live in San Diego and have just started my overlanding life. I do a bit of astrophotography and thought overlanding would be a great way to get away from the city lights. I look forward to meeting some new friends.
Welcome to Overland Bound Fishiam.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy All -

Matt in Carlsbad, CA, here. This is my 2016 JK Rubicon. I've been adding bits to it as I go along. A 2.5" Rubicon Express lift and 4.56 gears are the most significant changes.
New to Overlanding, although I've done good bit of camping and general off-highway stuff. The Mrs. and I went on a 4 day trip to Death Valley with Modern Jeep Adventures in early March. Im hooked. 8-D

View attachment 151800
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)
I bet you heard some great campfire stories from Del on your DV trip. He is a member @Del Albright

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name is Brent and I've been interested in overlanding for a long time. I started with a Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Excursion, and now a Subaru Outback. No epic trips yet, but always planning the next outing.

Currently exploring the Land Between the Lakes Area in Western Kentucky.

The outback is a 2020 Onyx XT that is proving to be very fun and capable. Build out is fresh since it's only got 3,000 miles on it. So, I'm in a research phase and learning what gear to keep, change, and add to make this rig reliable for my family adventures.

I've not traveled extensively, but am fairly experienced offroad.

View attachment 151788
Welcome To Overland Bound Brent
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @NC-Trooper & @rrjones2u

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Name is Geoff and I’m new to the forum!
1. 2015 Silverado 1500 it’s all stock right now. Looking forward to upgrading it and making it a full sized overland rig.
2. I’m near the Salt Lake City area and looking for people in my area to tag along on some overland trips.
3. New to overlanding. Just done the typical truck and tent camping.
Welcome to Overland Bound Geoff.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

toyoda428

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Essex Junction, Essex, VT, USA
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Martin
Howdy all! My name is Devin I am a carpenter from the Burlington, Vermont area just getting into overlanding over the last year or so. I have been building out my 2002 Tacoma double cab named 'Rubby' and am stoked to get on the (off)road to meet some new folks this summer once the global social climate relaxes a bit. Heres a larger version of the avatar photo, more to come on the drawer systems I built for the old girl. tacoverland.jpg

yetteldorf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Arkansas
First Name
YVETTE
Last Name
ETTELDORF
Member #

Howdy all! My name is Devin I am a carpenter from the Burlington, Vermont area just getting into overlanding over the last year or so. I have been building out my 2002 Tacoma double cab named 'Rubby' and am stoked to get on the (off)road to meet some new folks this summer once the global social climate relaxes a bit. Heres a larger version of the avatar photo, more to come on the drawer systems I built for the old girl. View attachment 151902
I'm new myself. Looking great! I'm looking forward to meeting people as well!! These guys and gals have a wealth of knowledge and are so kind to help with questions.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New Member here! Corey from Oklahoma.

1. Picture added.
2. Either Enid, Ok or Tulsa, Ok depending on the week/weekend
3. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 3.5L, Manual transmission.
4. Not much experience Overlanding. I've been through a couple of off-road trails and took my old Subaru camping through Pikes Forest.

Not too much done to the rig just yet. I just picked it up a few weeks ago (This was my Unicorn) and am selling my automatic haha. It has a small lift, front skid plate, and (32"?) 235/85r16 A/T's.
Welcome from Tulsa Corey!
We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

WanderingLandsOfLiberty

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Moncks Corner, Berkeley County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
LarryLindsey
Last Name
Garvin
Member #

Hello everyone i recently joined.. We are looking in a trailer rig that can support 2 for full time travel. We don't want to be in camp grounds but very much out in the wild. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wanting to stay with off-road types.

yetteldorf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Arkansas
First Name
YVETTE
Last Name
ETTELDORF
Member #

Hello everyone i recently joined.. We are looking in a trailer rig that can support 2 for full time travel. We don't want to be in camp grounds but very much out in the wild. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wanting to stay with off-road types.
As many as I’ve looked at I fell in love with the Turtleback kind Patriot. I’ve watched so many videos. I would say it all depends on the functionality you want and price range. There are some amazing off road trailers! My best recommendation is start watching the videos of the various companies. YouTube also compares a lot of various styles and gives pros and cons to each.

Reactions: Kent R

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Hello from North Jersey!

I'm new to overloading...just been modding my 4runner since last fall. Been on a few trail rides in the Pine Barrens, PA and NY. Looking forward to some meet-ups soon.

New Jersey opening parks this weekend....so likely heading out to burn fuel.

'13 4Runner Ltd.View attachment 151815View attachment 151814View attachment 151816
Search for the NJ threads. We are going to get the rigs together when we come out of quarantine! Welcome

Drebin561

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lake Worth, FL, USA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Greetings from South Florida!
completely new to overlanding; have done car camping a bit but looking to take my escape the next step round these parts.

don’t really have pictures of it except after it got stolen and crashed. Future plans: AT tired and HR spring lift just to help get around until I’ve saved enough for a Trailhawk Cherokee with tow package for the dirt bike.

Attachments

Wrench Love

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Love
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hi y’all
My name is Wrench Love I’m in the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Or). New to the whole Overland thing though I’ve been using my rigs to explore and disperse camp for years.
I’m currently building my 2003 Subaru Outback to be my go rig for trail runs and camping. Hopefully I will get lots of ideas within this group. Looking forward to meeting some of you that are in my area.
Thanks
Wrench 9A1A0C10-A7EC-4142-AA6F-887E7903898E.jpeg