Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Folks,
Yegor here, from the Seattle area. I started off road exploring last year, and this year looking to get into some overlanding - been an avid camper for years.

I rely on my 2019 Tacoma off-road to get me around.
Welcome to Overland Bound Yegor.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Reactions: Jeepa0lllllll0

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! - Done, see below.
2) Location (General area is fine) - North Texas
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2003 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 Sport
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - I know enough to get myself out of trouble, but not enough to keep myself from getting into it.

PS. Every time I take a pic of the rig, its already an old pic. Cause just as soon as I put the camera down, I pick up a tool and change or add something. IE: Right after these pics were taken, I added a winch the very next day! Yesterday, I custom installed a set of LED fog lights. It never ends... :wink:

View attachment 151721View attachment 151722View attachment 151723View attachment 151725
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Prerunner has already advised you on our ham net, I hope you will get involved to help us to grow that system.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Since this picture I have added a front runner rack, frame sliders, double Jerry can mount, Ezee awn 270 awning, road shower, a bunch of fun electrical stuff and of course the 6.2l LS, 6L80e and an atlas twin stick transfer case.
I hope to see this beast some day.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Purchasing a Tacoma TRD Pro very soon and want to get into overlapping and off roading.

Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Experience: watching YouTube
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I’m from central Pennsylvania, York, to be specific. I drive a 2020 lifted Subaru Outback. Just getting back into this. Don’t have too much experience but do have a little. Can’t wait to meet more people.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Gooff331

Rank I

Contributor III

Grantsville, UT, USA
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Rains
Hello! Name is Geoff and I’m new to the forum!
1. 2015 Silverado 1500 it’s all stock right now. Looking forward to upgrading it and making it a full sized overland rig.
2. I’m near the Salt Lake City area and looking for people in my area to tag along on some overland trips.
3. New to overlanding. Just done the typical truck and tent camping.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

boxtoutside

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Benton, KY, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Powell
Member #

Name is Brent and I've been interested in overlanding for a long time. I started with a Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Excursion, and now a Subaru Outback. No epic trips yet, but always planning the next outing.

Currently exploring the Land Between the Lakes Area in Western Kentucky.

The outback is a 2020 Onyx XT that is proving to be very fun and capable. Build out is fresh since it's only got 3,000 miles on it. So, I'm in a research phase and learning what gear to keep, change, and add to make this rig reliable for my family adventures.

I've not traveled extensively, but am fairly experienced offroad.

IMG_20200418_181634433_MP.jpg

Dirty Rubi

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Petre
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPU
Howdy All -

Matt in Carlsbad, CA, here. This is my 2016 JK Rubicon. I've been adding bits to it as I go along. A 2.5" Rubicon Express lift and 4.56 gears are the most significant changes.
New to Overlanding, although I've done good bit of camping and general off-highway stuff. The Mrs. and I went on a 4 day trip to Death Valley with Modern Jeep Adventures in early March. Im hooked. 8-D

IMG_6413 2.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matt, welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater don't worry...many of us use the Echolink app.

Reactions: Kent R

Dirty Rubi

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Petre
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPU
Hi Jon, thank you! I'm embarrassed to admit my ham skills are quite limited. I have a handheld (Yaesu FT-60) but my activity is pretty much only checking into the San Diego ARES net once a week. Now that I'm retired I'm hoping to learn and participate more. I wanted to be a ham since I was a kid but didn't get my license until about two years ago, and Ideally I'll have a radio in my Jeep as well.

Last edited:

Fishiam

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sardena
Member #

Hello everyone,
LandCruiser2.jpg
Fishiam here. Recently purchased a 1994 Land Cruiser. I live in San Diego and have just started my overlanding life. I do a bit of astrophotography and thought overlanding would be a great way to get away from the city lights. I look forward to meeting some new friends.

RichardT

Rank 0

Contributor I

Garwood, NJ, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Tremblay
Member #

Hello from North Jersey!

I'm new to overloading...just been modding my 4runner since last fall. Been on a few trail rides in the Pine Barrens, PA and NY. Looking forward to some meet-ups soon.

New Jersey opening parks this weekend....so likely heading out to burn fuel.

'13 4Runner Ltd.1 (2).jpeg1 (1).jpeg1 (3).jpeg

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi Jon, thank you! I'm embarrassed to admit my ham skills are quite limited. I have a handheld (Yaesu FT-60) but my activity is pretty much only checking into the San Diego ARES net once a week. Now that I'm retired I'm hoping to learn and participate more. I wanted to be a ham since I was a kid but didn't get my license until about two years ago, and Ideally I'll have a radio in my Jeep as well.
We have a great communication section as well so check in down there and get bitten by the bug. :tearsofjoy:

Cykak

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Knueven
Hi! My name is Dennis, and I am looking forward to meeting others on the Overland Bound Forum. The YouTube Channel is awesome!

1) Picture! is posted.
2) Davis, CA
3) 2015 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 Big Horn
4) My Overlanding Experience is novice level. The most difficult route I completed is Berdoo Canyon Road with my prior truck - 2004 Ram 2500.

Thanks!

Dennis

Last edited:

hondaluvr

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma
First Name
corey
Last Name
moorman
New Member here! Corey from Oklahoma.

1. Picture added.
2. Either Enid, Ok or Tulsa, Ok depending on the week/weekend
3. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 3.5L, Manual transmission.
4. Not much experience Overlanding. I've been through a couple of off-road trails and took my old Subaru camping through Pikes Forest.

Not too much done to the rig just yet. I just picked it up a few weeks ago (This was my Unicorn) and am selling my automatic haha. It has a small lift, front skid plate, and (32"?) 235/85r16 A/T's.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Corey (@hondaluvr ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is also regional member rep and is based out of Tulsa.

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
Names Justin,
My wife Kaylee and I are excited to be part of OB, we are in Ogden Utah.
My background with overlanding started with off roading with my dad just to get to our hunting spots and sometimes just to get to our family cabin in the spring. Dad has always had lifted and capable truck. By high school I was building trucks for Moab, wheeled Moab and the Uinta mountains. I've had Jeeps, Subaru's, and I still have my grandpa's K5. Right now I'm starting to build my 98 Chevy Tahoe and thinking about turning a trailer I built to go behind a Forester I had into an adventure trailer. View attachment 51223

Justin here is my trailer that we talked about on the live stream...

Franky

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hawaii
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Daniels
Hi, New to group, and I look forward to networking with some great people. Looks like there is tons of good info here!
Current Vehicle: 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
Overland Experience: Novice
Rooftop Tent: Tuffstuff Delta and soon adding iKamper SKYCAMP 2.0
Why Overlanding?: Exploring Hawaii off the typical tourist trail is more my style. I love to be out in nature in Hawaii. the island features so many microclimates form the obvious warm beaches to very cold at 10,000 feet of the summit.

RLasiter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

76116 Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Lasiter
Member #

Howdy y’all!
New to the group but not the lifestyle. Been off-roading and camping long before I knew the term “overlanding”. Looking forward to the vast amount of knowledge within this wonderful community.
Primary Rig: 07 Toyota Tacoma DC Flatbed
Original Rig: 79 Jeep CJ7 (in restoration mode)
Experience: lots
22342C92-0399-49C3-B96B-6190DACFC8DC.jpeg