Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone, excited to join the group. Just picked up a 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x with 50,000 miles on it to replace my 04 Xterra. Looking forward to exploring more trails and hopefully meeting some of you in person!

1) Picture - New rig is the red one, the Green 04 is heading to retirement (AKA going to my dad to just make runs to grocery store and enjoy life at the property in SC)
2) Location - Home base is Charlotte NC but work takes me all over. Work in freelance Documentary/Reality TV world. Mostly on Nat Geo Wild Programming.
3) Rig - 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x. Still stock, but have some plans already in the works!
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Just basic trail rides right now, want to start working on my skills. Meeting new people to go on rides with.

View attachment 149645
Welcome to O overland Bound

Reactions: BMFalls and Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello ..folks
My name is Ben I’m a new member from WA,Tacoma area and I’ve camped my whole life and just started getting into Overlanding.My rig is a 2016 ram 2500 crew diesel truck.
Welcome to Overland

Reactions: Kent R

DirtyGX

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Victorville, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Van Ommen
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez, who are based out of southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike
awesome thank you for the advise and welcoming!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy everyone!

I have been familiar with OB for a while now through the YouTube presence but I've been wanting to get connected with the overlanding community for a while now. I'm born & raised in the PNW so I've spent lots of time outdoors both with and without vehicles but I have a strong connection to vehicles and the freedoms they provide, so much so that I've been professionally employed in the automotive industry for 19 of the last 20 years. I've had a few 4wd vehicles in my fleet (mostly Toyota) but I've always wanted a Disco 2. After I found out randomly that the Wife was fond of them too it was off to the races. We love road trip adventures to see all the beautiful places around us & I want to provide her and our 16yo daughter some of the "glamping" comforts they enjoy.

I love building/customizing vehicles of all sorts and have set the course of action to turn the Disco into something that we can go explore even more with. I look forward to engaging with everyone here, the platform seems to be very well structured & I hope to meet up with some of you once the dust settles.

-Chris
Welcome.
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

AA1PR

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vermont Mountains
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
Not new here by any means
left years ago after an argument with a moderator
sent emails to mike, he never responded so decide to leave
got ham friends who have recently joined..
thought id give it another go
not sure why I cant recover my last account expeditionnorth

maybe Im still banned & this will let me know

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello!
I've been a guest reading forums for years now. My wife got me a membership for Christmas last year (she's the best). I've never been much of a person to post or share online, but I'm hoping to change that here.

As it says above, I'm Travis.
I was raised in Northern Alberta (Grande Prairie), but home now is Rexburg, Idaho. I've been here 8 years and will be here for the foreseeable future.

I grew up hiking and camping. I love driving back roads and getting out where people aren't.

Our rig is a 2010 Subaru Forester (Limited Edition). It is still stock, but I have high hopes and plans for it. We got it a year ago and have already been on some great adventures.

This is a great community! I look forward to getting out more, taking care of nature, meeting some of you, helping other people, and making new friends!

(Here is our New Year's day adventure up Kelly Canyon)
Welcome Travis ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Sandpoint Steve and @David H are your closest Member Representatives.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

D&D

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Deb
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Deb and Doug here, dreaming about when we can get back out into the wild!

We just joined and look forward to being inspired by a LOT of like-minded folks out there. We live in So Cal with our rescue Dobie Lucy, and have a little get-outta-the-city place up near Lake Tahoe, where we spend as much time as we can spare.

We have a 2014 JKU Rubicon X (stock), and are contemplating a few modifications to take on more challenging trails. We'd love to learn more about back-country adventures from those more experienced in off-roading. We're quite experienced with camping and backpacking, but haven't fully taken advantage of the Jeep's capabilities to get way off the beaten path.

We also have a 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that is a wonderful old beast, but isn't seeing quite as much action these days since getting the Jeep---we're considering getting her into someone's hands who might have more time for her, and trade for a Hiker Trailer to work towards realizing our plan of a 3-4 week road trip to Glacier National Park and everything in between.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well, and can't wait to get back out on the road!

Attachments

Last edited:

CBallard

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Camaron
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Hello Overlanders! I’m Camaron, brand new to overlanding/off-roading. Just picked up my dream suv a few weeks ago: 2004 V8 4Runner LTD. We are in the Richmond, VA area. No pictures yet.
Next will be a suspension lift and tires, and getting my badges put on. Looking at either OME or Toytec.
Glad to be here!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone,

Stoked to be apart of this community! I am based in the Bay Area and just got my first year of Overlanding under my belt. Still learning on each endeavor.

Here are a few images of my rig, 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro:

View attachment 149652 View attachment 149653

Cheers!
Well I doooooooo declare that’s a sweet looking rig!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up might be online again for May, but check out the forum thread and there’ll be regular updates there

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

MacMan1010

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Logan, UT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Howdy folks! My names Michael, I’m a student in my twenties at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. I’m currently in between rigs due to a recent car accident that totaled my 95’ Grand Cherokee but I’m currently on the lookout for a 5th gen 4Runner and just waiting for one with the right fit to pop up! Experience level: mediumish

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Cody (@Bottomsup ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks! My names Michael, I’m a student in my twenties at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. I’m currently in between rigs due to a recent car accident that totaled my 95’ Grand Cherokee but I’m currently on the lookout for a 5th gen 4Runner and just waiting for one with the right fit to pop up! Experience level: mediumish
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @A-Aron @Knitron
Your Regional Director is @Cendee for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Afternoon! Allow me to introduce myself, my names Cody and I’m currently driving a 2002 Tacoma SR5. Living out in Yuma, AZ. My experience level: BeginnerView attachment 149774
Welcome to Overland Bound Cody.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I'm from Windsor Wisconsin. My wife and I have camped and backpacked all over the U.S and Canada. We just recently started overlanding. I run a 2011 Jeep JKU. I look forward to getting to know people and attending get togethers!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody!
Toledo Ohio
01 WJ View attachment 149764
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland