Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Shannon. I had always wanted an FJ Cruiser since they came out in ‘07. In October 2019 I went to see a 2011 TT that was found by my daughter’s boyfriend. I knew at first sight he had to be mine.
I used to ride a quad and camp in Oregon a lot until 2017 when a large Douglas Fir came down at home... the toy hauler didn’t make it. I sold my quad with great sadness.
My FJ, “Edgar”, has stirred up a new passion. After the COVID-19 quarantine I am looking forward to spending time on the trails and getting out to meet people who enjoy the same things I do. I have a very small circle of friends, but this group seems so inviting and welcoming that I’m excited to meet a fantastic group of kind people who look out for each other and enjoy adventure. Also, my beloved dog, Hazel, recently passed so I’ll be extra happy to meet everyone’s dogs. This is a new adventure I’m looking forward to with excitement. Thanks to all for being so welcoming.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
My name is David I'm from SE Michigan.
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee a couple of months ago and I want to set it up as a weekend overland rig.
I'm new to Overlanding and I'm hoping to learn a lot from this community!
View attachment 149404
Welcome to Overland Bound David.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there, my name is Rafael, my OLV is a 1989 TLC FJ62, I live in the North Houston area, looking forward meeting you guys one of these days after this Covid-19 thing! I have travel around the US, Europe and South America in many road trips, have camping experience, basic 4 wheeling skills, no like rock crawling and stuff like that, I have mechanical background (my line of work requires it), like traveling, food, and good drinks around great people, family of 6, 4 ladies, my female dog, and me! I know I am outnumbered!! :) looking forward meeting you!
Welcome to Overland Bound Rafael.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Nate from Austin, Texas but soon moving to Grand Junction, CO.
I currently have a '16 Toyota Tundra; however, in the market for a 4Runner.
Fairly new to this; however, I am learning as fast as I can.
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate.
When you move to CO don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Anchor Mtn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Upstate South Carolina!
I am excited to be here! ‘Been fourwheelin’ since ‘85 when I picked up my up brand new CJ-7 when I was stationed in “West” Germany. Was founding member and President of “German-American Offroad Club Mittelhessen” in Giessen. ‘Miss my German off-roading buddies. Was lucky enough to participate in 3rd European Jeepers Jamboree taking place in the Ardennes Forest following the tracks of our troops involved in the “ Battle of the Bulge“. Looking fwd to making new friends and learning new lessons here. My rig is a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. See y’all soon and be safe and healthy out there!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff, not so new to the trails.
My name is Todd
I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and live in Las Vegas NV. I originally set my truck up so that I would be able to go to some of the more remote mountain bike trails and be able to stay a few days. Before I knew it I'd built an overland rig. Not perfect but it mine. Then on Instagram I started to see people getting these cool little metal medallions and I had to find out more.View attachment 149300
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Narbob
Your Regional Director is @HappyOurOverlanding for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. My name is Santos and I’m new to the overlanding community. I have an 02 Ford Excursion 4x4 with a 7.3 power stroke. I previously had a V10 Ex lifted on 35’s but gave it to my parents to drive all their grandkids around. I haven’t started to build up my Rig yet because of the current situation in the country but plan on starting it when things get better. It’s still pretty capable in its stock form and my family enjoy taking it to the mountains to camp and fish. I’ll stop rambling on and just say that I hope everyone on here is doing well and God Bless
Welcome to Overland Bound Santos.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

I have owned my 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU for 2 years and 70,000km now. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on the forum but decided to get more involved now i am spending more time indoors! I have been spending the time planning more trips to other regions and across to Oman and would love to see if there are any other members from Dubai or the UAE in there.

Below is a picture of my rig at Wadi Showka.

whatsapp_image_2020_04_02_at_15_22_15_1__ebd998884252a9682039c15e9229b680178a360e.jpeg

I got the car stock and have only done a few small modifications:
- 2.5" AEV Lift Kit
- Fox Shocks
- Cooper AT3 285/70R17 Tyres
- Built in Mopar air compressor

Here in the UAE we mostly face miles and miles and miles of desert dunes when off-roading. However both here and Oman there are plenty of Wadis (dry riverbeds) to explore also

The dream would be to eventually drive the car back from here to the UK if and when i ever decide to leave!
Welcome to Overland Bound.
If you are interested in getting in touch with local members the best way is to use the member map. You can also start a post on the regional page.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My name is Shannon. I had always wanted an FJ Cruiser since they came out in ‘07. In October 2019 I went to see a 2011 TT that was found by my daughter’s boyfriend. I knew at first sight he had to be mine.
I used to ride a quad and camp in Oregon a lot until 2017 when a large Douglas Fir came down at home... the toy hauler didn’t make it. I sold my quad with great sadness.
My FJ, “Edgar”, has stirred up a new passion. After the COVID-19 quarantine I am looking forward to spending time on the trails and getting out to meet people who enjoy the same things I do. I have a very small circle of friends, but this group seems so inviting and welcoming that I’m excited to meet a fantastic group of kind people who look out for each other and enjoy adventure. Also, my beloved dog, Hazel, recently passed so I’ll be extra happy to meet everyone’s dogs. This is a new adventure I’m looking forward to with excitement. Thanks to all for being so welcoming.
Welcome Shannon ,

I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @ is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi,
My name is Marco. I live in the Netherlands and are close to buy my first 4x4.
A 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Hope to get inspired by this cool forum.
Hoi Marco,

Hartelijk welkom hier.

Mijn naam is Robert en ben voor OVerland Bound de representive voor Mid Europe, samen met Angus.
Nu verder in het engels.

Inspired you will. But if you need any advice, help or technical assistance, just give me a shout.
I live near Arnhem and if you need something, I hope I can help.

Go and look for the Mid Europe section of the Forum and also to Facebook de Overland Bound Mid europe page.

See you around soon I hope.

Greetings from Robert

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Wonderful to be in the company of fellow explorers, adventurers and the wild at heart. Like many here, my happy place continually leads me to the outdoors. Overlanding affords me the opportunity to enjoy every single activity, hobby, pastime and passion associated with the wilderness and most importantly, to share that with my family. Grateful for the fellowship, collective wisdom, selflessness and spirit of this group and looking forward to journeying with you all.

Brent - Northern, VA

2016 Wrangler JKU

View attachment 149209

View attachment 149210
Hello Brent, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!
My name is David I'm from SE Michigan.
I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee a couple of months ago and I want to set it up as a weekend overland rig.
I'm new to Overlanding and I'm hoping to learn a lot from this community!
View attachment 149404
Hello David, welcome to the OB community. I'm guessing you live in the Detroit area. I lived nearly 20 years in the Grand Rapids area, and liked it, except for the Winters. Oregon is so much better.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone!
Happy to become a member of this ocerlanding community, and to hopefully make some connections in the New England area.

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport

Experience: Moderately experienced. I've been offroading nearly my entire life, with family when younger and in my own jeeps throughout high school. Now that I own a Tacoma rigged up, I'm ready to delve into overland adventures!
Hi Adam, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Shannon, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi there, my name is Rafael, my OLV is a 1989 TLC FJ62, I live in the North Houston area, looking forward meeting you guys one of these days after this Covid-19 thing! I have travel around the US, Europe and South America in many road trips, have camping experience, basic 4 wheeling skills, no like rock crawling and stuff like that, I have mechanical background (my line of work requires it), like traveling, food, and good drinks around great people, family of 6, 4 ladies, my female dog, and me! I know I am outnumbered!! :) looking forward meeting you!
Hello Rafael, welcome to the OB community. Great looking family even if you are out numbered.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff, not so new to the trails.
My name is Todd
I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and live in Las Vegas NV. I originally set my truck up so that I would be able to go to some of the more remote mountain bike trails and be able to stay a few days. Before I knew it I'd built an overland rig. Not perfect but it mine. Then on Instagram I started to see people getting these cool little metal medallions and I had to find out more.View attachment 149300
Hi Todd, welcome to the OB community.