Launch Member

Member I

Shelton, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Heggie
Member #

Hello All! Been a member for about 10 months but just now starting the forum stuff. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and teach trauma/emergency EMS medicine around the country. I have a wife and two boys and we love getting out and about in our 3rd gen 4Runner. Looking at converting my 6x10 cargo trailer into an overland camper! (Looking for threads on that)

Looking forward to meeting many of you and any advice on what to do now? Considering I am new to all of this?

Brandon Heggie
Shelton, WA

TYA!

Attachments

Last edited:

HighGround

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Stafford, VA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRDV870 GMRS
Wonderful to be in the company of fellow explorers, adventurers and the wild at heart. Like many here, my happy place continually leads me to the outdoors. Overlanding affords me the opportunity to enjoy every single activity, hobby, pastime and passion associated with the wilderness and most importantly, to share that with my family. Grateful for the fellowship, collective wisdom, selflessness and spirit of this group and looking forward to journeying with you all.

Brent - Northern, VA

2016 Wrangler JKU

1586749743585.jpeg

1586750010615.jpeg

burton1b

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gulf Breeze, FL
First Name
Burton
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hey everyone! I hope this is still an active site. I am Burton and I am very new to the idea of overlanding but I'm excited to learn. I own a 2004 Ford F150 4x4 with 5.4 Triton V-8. Crew cab. A good base anyway. I just need to start building. I have been camping before so I am familiar with that but I love the idea of only really using the vehicle. I am excited for future adventures.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey everyone! I hope this is still an active site. I am Burton and I am very new to the idea of overlanding but I'm excited to learn. I own a 2004 Ford F150 4x4 with 5.4 Triton V-8. Crew cab. A good base anyway. I just need to start building. I have been camping before so I am familiar with that but I love the idea of only really using the vehicle. I am excited for future adventures.
It is extremely active. Haha. Welcome to the group! There are tons of thread to peruse through (especially if you’re quarantined). Check it out for ideas, tips, how tos, etc.

Reactions: Kent R and burton1b

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Burton.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Overland Expo east is in October;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up Overlanders. I'm the new guy on the block. Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can. Specially out on the trails.

Vic: 2017 Tacoma "Guinness"
Experience: A few years
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Kratos

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wonderful to be in the company of fellow explorers, adventurers and the wild at heart. Like many here, my happy place continually leads me to the outdoors. Overlanding affords me the opportunity to enjoy every single activity, hobby, pastime and passion associated with the wilderness and most importantly, to share that with my family. Grateful for the fellowship, collective wisdom, selflessness and spirit of this group and looking forward to journeying with you all.

Brent - Northern, VA

2016 Wrangler JKU

View attachment 149209

View attachment 149210
Welcome to Overland Bound Brent.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representative to you is @
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Overland Expo East is in October.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! Been a member for about 10 months but just now starting the forum stuff. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and teach trauma/emergency EMS medicine around the country. I have a wife and two boys and we love getting out and about in our 3rd gen 4Runner. Looking at converting my 6x10 cargo trailer into an overland camper! (Looking for threads on that)

Looking forward to meeting many of you and any advice on what to do now? Considering I am new to all of this?

Brandon Heggie
Shelton, WA

TYA!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandon.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Brandon Heggie
Shelton, WA

TYA!
Welcome Brandon ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again.
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
I'm from northern Alberta, Canada.
Ive recently picked up a 2019 TRD off-road 4runner which I am loving. just ordered tires wheels and a lift which I cant wait to install.
I've got years of off-roading experience but new to the camping/overland world.
Cant wait to see whats in store!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl @Sandpoint Steve

heck out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

DFW, Texas

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser
Icon stage 5
34" Toyo Open Country ll
Trekboxx drawer system
Victron solar
Onboard battery charger
Dometic CFX dual-zone fridge

New to difficult offroading but definitely a long time roadtrip, camping and backpacking fan. Over the last year, I've been building this out for long-distance adventures with my wife and daughter and having some fun learning the capabilities of my rig at offroad vehicle parks.

I'm very much enjoying all the resources here on Overland Bound. I'm under the same handle over at IH8MUD as well.

View attachment 149145View attachment 149147
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, everyone! I’m Pablo from Mexico City. I am a bit far away from most of you but I look forward to expanding the community. I own a 2013 JK and a 2019 Subaru Forester. Before all this started my wife and I were planning a trip to Canada and back. We hope we can do that very soon. If anyone is planning a trip to Mexico don’t hesitate to contact me.
Welcome to Overland Bound Pablo.
We have some members in your area that can be found on the member map.
I will PM about expanding the community in Mexico.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Austin (@Hautala88 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Once the current state of life is back to normal, whatever that may be keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Pete (@Pete Acosta ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello TJ (@tj.ramirez ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When we are able to congregate again keep an eye out for an Easy Valley meet up in Gilbert.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ian (@iansundell ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jesse (@Kurosawa ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Hopefully after released from "lock up" the DFW meet up will pick back up so keep an eye out for that.

Reactions: Kent R and Kurosawa

RJJK

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
Hello all

I have owned my 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU for 2 years and 70,000km now. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on the forum but decided to get more involved now i am spending more time indoors! I have been spending the time planning more trips to other regions and across to Oman and would love to see if there are any other members from Dubai or the UAE in there.

Below is a picture of my rig at Wadi Showka.

whatsapp_image_2020_04_02_at_15_22_15_1__ebd998884252a9682039c15e9229b680178a360e.jpeg

I got the car stock and have only done a few small modifications:
- 2.5" AEV Lift Kit
- Fox Shocks
- Cooper AT3 285/70R17 Tyres
- Built in Mopar air compressor

Here in the UAE we mostly face miles and miles and miles of desert dunes when off-roading. However both here and Oman there are plenty of Wadis (dry riverbeds) to explore also

The dream would be to eventually drive the car back from here to the UK if and when i ever decide to leave!