Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.
Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD ORP
Experience: Lots of outdoor experience, but not with a vehicle.
Why Overlanding ? To get away. Simply love being outside , explore and take pictures. No better family time than time spent outside.View attachment 147256
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can @PapaDave who is based out of Livermore. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Mud Wasp

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

Waddell, AZ, USA
First Name
STEVEN
Last Name
BOLES
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
3789~2.jpegNew in April 2019
20200111_144812.jpgWhat it looks like today
Southwest USA
2019 Wrangler JL 2 inch Mopar lift, Nitto 35, G2 spacers, DV8 Bumpers, Fenders, inner fenders, rock slides, rocker panel protection, Rhino rack Back Bone with pioneer platform. Rear cargo shelf from Texas Metal works. Weather tech floor liners and cargo mat. Midland radio. JL RAM dash mount.
Overlanding Experience Background never done it .
Tons of outdoor experience from Scouting to 27 years in the Coast Guard and 12 years with the BNSF railway. 4 wheeling since 1982 with a Dodge power wagon on the back roads of Washington State. Jeep, Quads, and Trucks in Kodiak, AK

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!
Name is Dragan and I am a Canadian recently transplanted to Missouri.
I just joined the community after years of watching YT and blogs of a few members here.
I am a long time member of some other adventure forums and am super excited to join and support the community here as well.
Life-long learner, mistake maker, camper, outdoors lover, backroads explorer, gear head and soon to be a new HAM (damn you COVID!)

I try to do a lot with a little.. usually.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: MPLMNT and Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 147301New in April 2019
View attachment 147302What it looks like today
Southwest USA
2019 Wrangler JL 2 inch Mopar lift, Nitto 35, G2 spacers, DV8 Bumpers, Fenders, inner fenders, rock slides, rocker panel protection, Rhino rack Back Bone with pioneer platform. Rear cargo shelf from Texas Metal works. Weather tech floor liners and cargo mat. Midland radio. JL RAM dash mount.
Tons of outdoor experience from Scouting to 27 years in the Coast Guard and 12 years with the BNSF railway. 4 wheeling since 1982 with a Dodge power wagon on the back roads of Washington State. Jeep, Quads, and Trucks in Kodiak, AK

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Yall,

My name is Dillon.
I'm from Eastern NC
I drive a 2015 Taco.
Very experienced camping, fairly experienced vehicle camping, novice off-roading.
Excited to joint the community and get out exploring.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, new to the forum but not the life style. In 2018 I crossed Canada on my touring bicycle in 62 days, west to east. An experience I will never forget.

My name's Dan, really happy to join the family on OB. Been watching YT and various members YT channels almost obsessively since Covid began effecting our lively hood.

I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon last month and have started my build, mostly wish list items.

Looking forward to endless hours of reading and learning from you all. Hope to one day soon be able to travel south and do some Oregon and Californian expeditions.

Cheers,
Dan

Reactions: Kent R and DanG_BC

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez who based out of southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike
Thank you Mike. I am looking forward to meeting you and the other folks you mentioned. My timing was bad as just as I was getting started with overlanding we were ordered to stay home. In fact, I haven’t even been able to take my truck on a dirt road to make sure all the 4WD components are working properly as even the trails are closed! Lol

Gav

Rank VI

Member III

Windsor, Windsor And Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Gavin
Last Name
Blues
Member #

Hi All, my names Gavin. I’m from England in the UK. Have been into expedition trips for years. Following the overland scene for some time. I am now in the process of buying my first Landrover Defender/overland project. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to and being further inspired by your projects and ideas!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jacob (@ww4rnr ), welcome from Oklahoma. Congrats on the newly acquired ham license. We have a weekly Friday Echolink net at 7:30 central time.
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/AllStar enabled repeater, don't worry... many of us use the Echolink app.
We have a great communication section so feel free to jump in or ask any questions you may have.
Also the Ozark and Ouachita National Forests in Oklahoma and Arkansas are popular places for overlanders in this area to go.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Steven (@Mud Wasp) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up over in Gilbert once the country gets back to normal...or whatever the new normal may be.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
My name is Evan. I’m new here! I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU in January and looking to use it for more than just driving to work. I’m from Southeast Louisiana in Houma, LA. I have been mud riding and riding through the mountains a bit, but that is about it for riding experience. Looking forward to getting to know more people and seeing what is out there!
Welcome!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All, my names Gavin. I’m from England in the UK. Have been into expedition trips for years. Following the overland scene for some time. I am now in the process of buying my first Landrover Defender/overland project. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to and being further inspired by your projects and ideas!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool

Reactions: Magic Mike and Gav

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

1. Steven
2.Jeep Gladiator
3. Colorado Springs, CO
4. Overland experience: Novice

New to overlanding, excited to be member of this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound Steven.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 147301New in April 2019
View attachment 147302What it looks like today
Southwest USA
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

There is a monthly meet-up in the Phoenix area and @brien get you the contact information if your interested.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

My name is Jake and I'm a new member from the DFW area of Texas, specifically the city I live in is Lewisville. I'm pretty new to off road and overland, but I'm learning fast and eager to advance my knowledge and abilities. I just started building out my rig around November 2019, but have made lot of progress so far.

I drive a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 with a 3 inch Bilstein/OME lift and 285s. Got it set up with dual battery, ham/gmrs radio, storage drawers and slides in the cargo area, snorkel, winch, bumper, and some other armor. I recently added a full Victory roof rack and a Smittybilt Overlander XL RTT. I've done all the work except for installing tires myself and thoroughly enjoy working on my car, which is a really new thing for me since I never did my own auto work in the past.

I just went on a family trip to Big Bend and we did 5 nights of primitive camping and we all had blast. It was my wife and 6 year old daughter with me, and we all learned a lot about camping, overlanding, and the outdoors. I think they'll be happy to go on more trips once all this virus lock down is over.

After this past trip, I decided I want to invest in a trailer so that I can set up a base camp and take the car places without having to break everything down and pack up. I'm looking at options right now, but don't want to spend a ton on it.

I'm happy to join the Overland Bound community as a new member and look forward to learning a lot from everyone here and hopefully getting to meet with some of you and go on some trips in the near future!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jake.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982, he can set you up with information about the DFW meet-up if your interested.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
I never posted here, so I guess it's past time.

Rig: 2016 JKU
Experience: I've been Overlanding since I was a kid, back then we called it camping, of course we were also in a 1987 Ford Mustang Hatchback.
Why Overlanding ?There is no better time spent than outside, enjoying the planet we all inhabit.
View attachment 147257
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.
Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD ORP
Experience: Lots of outdoor experience, but not with a vehicle.
Why Overlanding ? To get away. Simply love being outside , explore and take pictures. No better family time than time spent outside.View attachment 147256
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @PapaDave

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®

Tri-Valley Livermore CA contact @PapaDave for more information.
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
Name is Dragan and I am a Canadian recently transplanted to Missouri.
I just joined the community after years of watching YT and blogs of a few members here.
I am a long time member of some other adventure forums and am super excited to join and support the community here as well.
Life-long learner, mistake maker, camper, outdoors lover, backroads explorer, gear head and soon to be a new HAM (damn you COVID!)

I try to do a lot with a little.. usually.
Welcome to Overland Bound Dragan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @BlueLineOverland @Iwata77