Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

I absolutely love my 2019 TRD Pro with the short bed, I can still fit loads of stuff in the bed. With the long bed you gain space but some of it is a bit wasted, you gain some space on the other side of the wheel well, but you cant really get to it. I think the Fox TRD suspension system with the Pro's is honestly on of the best that I've driven. Only thing i would say is that if you are going to be putting more weight in the bed, I have a rack, cover and my tent, the rear of the truck will sag a bit. I got the Icon Add-a-leafs added and it give's it that normal tacoma lean back. The pro's are levelled out and don't have the same rake angle.

A winch and bumper would be a really sweet addition, that's one of the projects I'll be doing next. I like the looks of the bumpers that just replace the plastic part that sticks out on the stock bumper as I love the Ridged fog lights that come stock.

I currently am running the DiamondBack SE, sometimes I wish I got the HD. This is personally the Best cover I have had/seen, I can stand on it which is actually really helpful. To keep my gear secure and dry, the slight hassle of loosening the 4 bolts that hold it on is more than worth it. I have it paired with the Max Modular Bed-rack and they are awesome together. but again adds another 4 bolts for me to undo if I need to hall something.

Hope this helps, and doesn't come across too rambled....

Callum
Good stuff. Thank you!

RustyBolt

Rank 0

Contributor I

Abilene, TX, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Thomas
Greetings!
My name is Russ and I live in Abilene, Texas. I drive a 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman RWD. I am an overland virgin, I have yet to embark on my first adventure. I am currently researching the heck out this whole overlanding thing. I'm a total sponge for information. I feel a strong pull towards it. Eventually I would love for it to be a full time gig.
Happy trails,
Russ

SithSubiAdventures

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Modesto, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Quinones
Member #

Hello Robert here from Central California. Just joined Overland Bound last week and can't wait to absorb the knowledge from everyone on here. I've done some trail rides with friends but I am new to this Overland life. My plans were to start taking my kids out during spring break this year but then the Rona hit. This led me to spending my time watching Youtube videos while i work from home which is how i came across Overland Bound. So until this passes we'll be spending our time inside planning our first family adventure.

My current rig is 2015 Subaru Crosstrek 5spd MT
Mod List:
2 inch front 2.25 in rear Anderson Design Fab spacer lift
1.5 in Eibach lift springs
Black Rhino Rumble wheels 15x7
BFG KO2s 235/75
Lights on Lights as u can see...Lol

FullSizeR.jpgIMG_1294.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Robert here from Central California. Just joined Overland Bound last week and can't wait to absorb the knowledge from everyone on here. I've done some trail rides with friends but I am new to this Overland life. My plans were to start taking my kids out during spring break this year but then the Rona hit. This led me to spending my time watching Youtube videos while i work from home which is how i came across Overland Bound. So until this passes we'll be spending our time inside planning our first family adventure.

Mod List:
BFG KO2s 235/75

View attachment 147103View attachment 147104
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Meet-ups are a great way to get to know members and share knowledge. Here is the closest meet-up to you.
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings!
My name is Russ and I live in Abilene, Texas. I drive a 2018 Ram 1500 Tradesman RWD. I am an overland virgin, I have yet to embark on my first adventure. I am currently researching the heck out this whole overlanding thing. I'm a total sponge for information. I feel a strong pull towards it. Eventually I would love for it to be a full time gig.
Happy trails,
Russ
Welcome to Overland Bound Russ.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Magic Mike

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Greetings!
Happy trails,
Russ
Welcome to OB! The forums will provide years worth of learning!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs

Mod List:
BFG KO2s 235/75

Welcome to OB!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from North Mississippi. My rig is 2016 Rubicon
View attachment 147009
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Mod List:
BFG KO2s 235/75

Hello Robert, welcome to the OB community.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Russ (@RustyBolt), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Hi Ho Silver

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ann Arbor, MI, USA
First Name
Jamey
Last Name
Amrine
Member #

Hi everyone. My name is Jamey and I am from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I drive a 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport. Haven't built it much yet, but added a Rubicon suspension along with a 1/2" spacer set and 285/75RR17 tires to the stock rims. I run a soft top, so no rooftop tent for me, but I am close to picking up an Aliner camper. I've got 2 kids (boy 15, and girl 13), a wonderful wife, and we just got our first dog, a black lab named Violet who is a career-changed leader dog. We're looking forward to getting out and about when this pandemic passes. Glad to be a new member (#3002), and ready to dig into all the forum and the organization have to offer.

Leirbag

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Wilensky
Member #

Hello there! Gabriel here. I have been reading the forums and watching the OB videos for a while, but I just got my member number today. I also got my 4x4 vehicle about 10 days ago or so. I love speed and for >20 years I drove sports cars and even race cars on racetracks. I am now changing all that for the great outdoors, and dirt trails in the middle of nowhere. I promise I will drive slower now... Porsche, if you are reading this, don't worry, I still love you. :)

5B93CA9F-EF1E-430F-B69D-06EF9A150B61_1_201_a.jpeg

Rig: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition. Stock. I'd like to build some sort of sleeping platform inside.
Overlanding Experience Background: None whatsoever! In fact, if we organize training sessions with the folks here I'd love to join.

Common Carp

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington DC
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Ivinski
Hello Gentlemen, my name is Ivan and I am from DC.

Need you guidance here. Overlanding vs Off-roading.... It appears that these two terms a being unjustly thrown around interchangeably. My understanding is that Overlanding is traveling across the land in your truck/van/car with as many amenities as possible as self-sufficiently as possible. Comfortable bed, AC, cookware, and range are the focus. Excellent roads in US made most remote corners accessible in a Civic. Example: Bradford PA, best roads, more bears than squerrels.

Off-roading is going off the road. Long travel off suspension, protective plates , horsepower is what counts. A completely different thing! As you have probably noticed by now, I am an overlanding fan.Thank you and let me know your thoughts.

bumbleruck

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver, CO
First Name
David
Last Name
M
Howdy everyone, I'm David, currently located in Denver but prone to moving around for work (haven't lived in one place for more than a year in a few, the downside of contract work :/).

I've got a 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 that I'm still breaking in, no pictures as of yet but I'll try to get some soon! So far I'm just having fun getting my basic car camping rig set up with a few extras for fun like skids and a CB. I've never done any trail driving, but I'm a hiker and a scrambler and I'm most excited about being able to access more remote spots to camp. I have some friends back home in the PNW that will hopefully drag me on some rougher stuff, but for now the plan is to explore some forest service roads and see what adventures I find.

I'm obviously a total novice to vehicle specific adventuring but not to the outdoors, so while I'm a little anxious about this new potential hobby I think that once I can get up the nerve to get out there I'll have a ball! Always happy to take tips and advice. :)

AJTrekkin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
AJ
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

Hey ya’ll! Mine name is AJ and I’m from the Northern SD County area and can’t wait to explore all the stuff Overland Bound has to offer! I’ve grown up around Toyota & Jeep offroad/overlanding in the Anza-Borrego area, even had a 1st gen Tacoma 5spd on 33’s in high school. My rig now is a 2020 Subaru Crosstrek 6MT that I just picked up about 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hey all!! Name is Jordan, and glad to be here. I’m new to overlanding and excited to get out and explore this great country.

As you can guess, I’m in Colorado.

In 2018 I acquired a 2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE with the Lux package and looks like the HD package. I’ve done some things to it but a lot more to come.

- 2.5” Proud Rhino Lift Rods
- 265/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
- Tactical Rover Rock Sliders
- Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack with: ladder, bottle opener, tire roof mount

View attachment 144761

About to upgrade the towing setup and putting the hitch in the frame; all because I just purchased a 2020 Crux Expedition Trailers 1610.

View attachment 144760
Hi Jordan and welcome!
nice looking LR3 and trailer. Looks like you’re set for some camping.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Howdy everyone, I'm David, currently located in Denver but prone to moving around for work (haven't lived in one place for more than a year in a few, the downside of contract work :/).

I've got a 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 that I'm still breaking in, no pictures as of yet but I'll try to get some soon! So far I'm just having fun getting my basic car camping rig set up with a few extras for fun like skids and a CB. I've never done any trail driving, but I'm a hiker and a scrambler and I'm most excited about being able to access more remote spots to camp. I have some friends back home in the PNW that will hopefully drag me on some rougher stuff, but for now the plan is to explore some forest service roads and see what adventures I find.

I'm obviously a total novice to vehicle specific adventuring but not to the outdoors, so while I'm a little anxious about this new potential hobby I think that once I can get up the nerve to get out there I'll have a ball! Always happy to take tips and advice. :)
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Evanjlapey

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Houma, LA, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Lapeyrouse
Member #

My name is Evan. I’m new here! I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU in January and looking to use it for more than just driving to work. I’m from Southeast Louisiana in Houma, LA. I have been mud riding and riding through the mountains a bit, but that is about it for riding experience. Looking forward to getting to know more people and seeing what is out there!

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
My name is Evan. I’m new here! I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU in January and looking to use it for more than just driving to work. I’m from Southeast Louisiana in Houma, LA. I have been mud riding and riding through the mountains a bit, but that is about it for riding experience. Looking forward to getting to know more people and seeing what is out there!
Hello Evan, welcome to the OB community.