Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New member checking in. I am from SE Missouri and have had tons of off road vehicles (Daily drivers, rock crawlers, ATV's, and UTV's). This is my first Overland inspired rig, and I'm am just getting started with the build. It is a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. The wife and I are really excited to begin this build and hitting the trails.View attachment 144238
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Overland Bound community, we’re Overland Bunch, a family of five (two toddlers and our cat) Overlanding North America full time for a year; including Baja California and the Arctic Circle.

We’re from Pemberton, British Columbia and we’ve been on (and off) the road since October 2019. During the last five months we’ve covered over 14,000 miles (22,400km).

We drive a 2007 Land Rover LR3 G4 Edition (Eddie) and tow a custom built off-road trailer that we’ve modified ourselves to carry our roof top tent.

We’ve been Overlanding for over 13 years, starting with our Jeep TJ on weekend trips and eventually moving up to our beloved 1994 Land Rover Defender 110 (Maddy) which we took from Melbourne to Central Australia almost completely off road. We loved her so much we shipped her to Canada with us when we moved to BC in 2012.

Beginning this May we begin our trip northward to the Arctic Circle and Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, driving the Dempster Highway and we are super excited.

In October 2020, we return home to British Columbia where we will begin to convert our Defender 110 into a pop-top camper to help us hit the road more permanently.

We’re super excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community.

- Jayson, Sarah, Alec, Tyson and Sarge the cat

View attachment 144228
View attachment 144229
Welcome to Overlandbound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi there my name is Scott KC0BZG. Yes I am an amateur radio operator. I mainly like operating on HF but I do have vhf/uhf transceivers. I mainly like camping and I also do astronomy. When I do camp, I like to camp with people especially in the deep woods.
I have a 2006 Honda Pilot. I camp with a tent. I do have generators and portable heaters. I don't mind roughing but I do prefer a we bit of comfort. That's me in a nut shell. Thanks for lettting me join and I look forward to future adventures.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all, my name is lake (Yes, like the body of water) I drive a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ, it's been my daily driver for 3 years. I'm a very experienced camper/outdoorsman but just recently decided I'm going to build my TJ into an overland rig.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi! My name is Wendy and I just moved from the Bay Area to Anaheim Hills, CA with two my dogs. I'm SUPER excited to be closer to the desert and the Eastern Sierras. I have a 2014 Trail 4Runner. This pic was taken before the black TRD wheels and Gobi ladder were added. It's time for a new truck glamour shot. : P I'm an overlander that would like to get much more into off-roading this year. I have plans to buy rock sliders and a skid plate before summer.
View attachment 144900
Hi Wendy, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Overland Bound Community,

I consider myself fairly new to overlanding and off-pavement travel, but have been exploring the outdoors regularly over the last several years. I am currently based out of North-Central IL. My current vehicle is a 2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD and can be found on IG @ adv_rav4.

The photo below was taken in Parke County, IN or the 'Covered Bridge Capital of the World' and features 31 covered bridges.
View attachment 144972
Welcome to the OB community Peter.

NWxDrew

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Oregon City, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Staheli
Member #

Hello Everyone!

I'm Drew. I'm living in the Portland, OR metro area. I have been a follower of Overland Bound since near its inception. The stories and pictures posted have sent me into a fit of envy many times. For the past few years I've been putting career and family first. But now I'm looking to get a few trails under my belt and learn what I need to learn to get my family out into the backcountry and back out safely.

I am currently driving a 2018 Tacoma double cab long bed(my 4th Toyota truck) with very minimal mods.

Thank you for having me and I hope to see ya out there!

W%YB8YD5SYixnzW%Z+7aHg.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Everyone!

I'm Drew. I'm living in the Portland, OR metro area. I have been a follower of Overland Bound since near its inception. The stories and pictures posted have sent me into a fit of envy many times. For the past few years I've been putting career and family first. But now I'm looking to get a few trails under my belt and learn what I need to learn to get my family out into the backcountry and back out safely.

I am currently driving a 2018 Tacoma double cab long bed(my 4th Toyota truck) with very minimal mods.

View attachment 145148
Welcome Drew, you just made me want a Taco. Nice clean rig. Your mods are very tasteful and appealing.

I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative. The other Northwest Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman (WA) @Sandpoint Steve (Inland Northwest), @David H (Southern ID), and @beyondthepavement (AK). @Big G is an active member in Grants Pass. We are here to help you find your way not only on the forums but also out on the trails.

Normally I post the regional News in my welcome, but with the current Virus Threats most events are up in the air or canceled all together. However you can check out 2020 Meetups and Event Listings for a complete list of events throughout the Northwest to monitor the activities you would like to participate in in the event they aren’t canceled.

Mike Rose
Northwest Regional Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: NWxDrew

NWxDrew

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Oregon City, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Staheli
Member #

Welcome Drew, you just made me want a Taco. Nice clean rig. Your mods are very tasteful and appealing.

I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative. The other Northwest Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman (WA) @Sandpoint Steve (Inland Northwest), @David H (Southern ID), and @beyondthepavement (AK). @Big G is an active member in Grants Pass. We are here to help you find your way not only on the forums but also out on the trails.

Normally I post the regional News in my welcome, but with the current Virus Threats most events are up in the air or canceled all together. However you can check out 2020 Meetups and Event Listings for a complete list of events throughout the Northwest to monitor the activities you would like to participate in in the event they aren’t canceled.

Mike Rose
Northwest Regional Director
Overland Bound
Thanks for the great info! I will definitely look at the meet ups and events. I'm hoping this virus hits the road soon!

Reactions: M Rose

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone!

View attachment 145148
Hello Drew, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: NWxDrew

fingo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Missouri
First Name
Austin
Last Name
H
Hi there. New to the forum and fairly new to the community.

Rig: 2013 LR4
Experience: Lifetime of camping/backpacking and being outdoors. Fairly new to the overlanding community. First trip in the rover was last year to SW Colorado. More planned this year virus pending...

Attachments

NWxDrew

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Oregon City, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Staheli
Member #

Experience: Lifetime of camping/backpacking and being outdoors. Fairly new to the overlanding community. First trip in the rover was last year to SW Colorado. More planned this year virus pending...
Welcome! That is a rad rig!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Hello Austin, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Magic Mike