• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Edwards
Hi All,

Finally getting around to my first post.

Looking to do more camping with my wife and dog. So far, we've done some off-roading and camping primarily in Southern California (Joshua Tree, Mojave). Gone to Overland EXPO a couple times.

Experience: Not much, maybe 2 to 3 trips with some off-roading, not much drive-camp-drive trips.

Rig:
2018 4Runner TRD OR (Wifey's Daily)

Modifications:
TRD Pro Suspension
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Goose Gear Deck Plates
C4 Fab Rock Sliders
Kitchen/Chuck Box by TrailKitchens
Gobi Stealth Rack

This is my first, though I intend to not make it my last.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone. New member Steve here from the wilds of Oregon. I've been watching Overland Bound on You Tube for several years now and decided it was past time to join in.
I drive a 2016 4Runner as my daily driver and adventure rig. slight mods with spacer lift front, OME springs and Eibach shocks rear, full RCI Offroad skids and rock sliders.
Next will be SSO front bumper and a winch along with some proper front suspension.
Hi Steve, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,

Finally getting around to my first post.

Looking to do more camping with my wife and dog. So far, we've done some off-roading and camping primarily in Southern California (Joshua Tree, Mojave). Gone to Overland EXPO a couple times.

Experience: Not much, maybe 2 to 3 trips with some off-roading, not much drive-camp-drive trips.

Rig:
2018 4Runner TRD OR (Wifey's Daily)

Modifications:
TRD Pro Suspension
Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Goose Gear Deck Plates
C4 Fab Rock Sliders
Kitchen/Chuck Box by TrailKitchens
Gobi Stealth Rack

This is my first, though I intend to not make it my last.
Hi Matthew, welcome to the OB community.

Overland J+L

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pharr, TX, USA
First Name
Jahaziel
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Just joined Overland Bound and very excited to do so!!!!!

We are Jahaziel + Lauren from South Texas. Pharr, Texas to be exact, which is right on the border across from Mexico. Rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL. Have no experience overlanding, except for the countless hours watching YouTube videos. However, this year we will start modifying our Jeep and traveling as well with all the help and suggestions we can get from the Overland Bound family.

1584339136182.jpeg

EdH

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Hinton
Greetings all from an oddly soggy southern California,

My name is Ed
Rig: 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8l Diesel Long Bed 4x4
I've been around the community for a few years now and finally getting around to joining OB.
Experience: Car/truck camping for years, and always up for "let's take the back road" paved or not. Complete novice when it comes to technical off roading.

Massenkd

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Massengale
Member #

Hello all. My name is Kyle, I’m Active Duty Air Force and currently live in Colorado Springs. I’m fairly new to the overlanding scene. A couple years ago I built an off road squaredrop camper, mainly for hunting but looking to start expanding my explorations. I tow it with my 2017 Chevy Silverado that has a 3” suspension lift and 33’s. I can’t sit still so I’m always tweaking things so more to come.0379EB97-8FBE-4D26-87CD-9DAF9CCB403B.jpeg46F9631A-D682-4C15-8A07-66473681666C.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Steven (@AG5TR), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham, hopefully you can join us on our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
If you don't have an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater that you can access don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock coming up April 4th, pending any cancellation due to the current global situation. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@hildreth8404 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an occasional DFW meet up.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jahaziel (@Overland J+L ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ben (@FerrumOperatur ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is also a Member rep and located in the Tulsa area.

Reactions: Iwata77

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings all from an oddly soggy southern California,

My name is Ed
Rig: 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8l Diesel Long Bed 4x4
I've been around the community for a few years now and finally getting around to joining OB.
Experience: Car/truck camping for years, and always up for "let's take the back road" paved or not. Complete novice when it comes to technical off roading.
Hello Ed, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Just joined Overland Bound and very excited to do so!!!!!

We are Jahaziel + Lauren from South Texas. Pharr, Texas to be exact, which is right on the border across from Mexico. Rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL. Have no experience overlanding, except for the countless hours watching YouTube videos. However, this year we will start modifying our Jeep and traveling as well with all the help and suggestions we can get from the Overland Bound family.

View attachment 144614Welcome to
Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 2013 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Super novice. Just got my FJ paid off so now wanting to take it out on the road and remote trails and learn from people that know way more then I do. Here’s to adventure and learning.
Welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all. My name is Kyle, I’m Active Duty Air Force and currently live in Colorado Springs. I’m fairly new to the overlanding scene. A couple years ago I built an off road squaredrop camper, mainly for hunting but looking to start expanding my explorations. I tow it with my 2017 Chevy Silverado that has a 3” suspension lift and 33’s. I can’t sit still so I’m always tweaking things so more to come.View attachment 144639View attachment 144640
Welcome to the OB community, Kyle. NIce set up.

Reactions: Massenkd

ColoradoRover

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Lawlor
Member #

Hey all!! Name is Jordan, and glad to be here. I’m new to overlanding and excited to get out and explore this great country.

As you can guess, I’m in Colorado.

In 2018 I acquired a 2008 Land Rover LR3 HSE with the Lux package and looks like the HD package. I’ve done some things to it but a lot more to come.

- 2.5” Proud Rhino Lift Rods
- 265/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
- Tactical Rover Rock Sliders
- Front Runner Slimline II Roof Rack with: ladder, bottle opener, tire roof mount

7C42F3B4-6648-4AAE-B47F-9F9A42F5AE05.jpeg

About to upgrade the towing setup and putting the hitch in the frame; all because I just purchased a 2020 Crux Expedition Trailers 1610.

6AB8D02C-B289-4BE0-B90F-E783D41D05EC.jpeg

1medic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Capitola, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
W
Member #

Hi All,
New member Brian here. Long time lurker and finally decided to jump in and support this great community. Not much overlanding experience but looking forward to diving in, getting out and about and learning and connecting with folks in my area.

2) Location; Santa Cruz, Ca
3) Rig; 2019 Ford Ranger
4) Overlanding Experience Background; Beginning novice.

Ranger1.jpg