Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

New member checking in. I am from SE Missouri and have had tons of off road vehicles (Daily drivers, rock crawlers, ATV's, and UTV's). This is my first Overland inspired rig, and I'm am just getting started with the build. It is a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. The wife and I are really excited to begin this build and hitting the trails.View attachment 144238
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Reactions: Boothe

benb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Brubaker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7QYW
Hello! My name is Ben and I'm from Albany Oregon.

I am not new to overlanding, but I came across your website and thought it was a cool idea for an Overlanding community.

I've been overlanding for a few years in a Polaris RZR:
RZR.jpg

I got tired of worrying about my F150 at the trailhead so I bought a Jeep last year, but unfortunately it got totaled in a crash about 2 months later:
JL.jpg

After my first Jeep got crashed I upgraded to a 2020 JL Rubicon:
JLUR.jpg

I've been an avid backcountry backpacker for years, but with my wife and kids were finding that overlanding is a good family activity. I'm trying to keep my Jeep minimalist, but keep my family as comfortable as possible in it. Researching camp showers (a luxury my wife has requested) led me to your website. Hope to learn more and share my experiences.

JReichert11

Rank VI
Investor

Expedition Master I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Reichert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KWB
New Member here

Jeff Reichert, live in Livermore, CA and drive a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro. I used to camp/ hike/ backpack before marriage/job/kids etc. Now really want to get back into it and I love the idea of Overlanding! I am super excited to get back into this world!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

I am not new to overlanding, but I came across your website and thought it was a cool idea for an Overlanding community.

View attachment 144418

I got tired of worrying about my F150 at the trailhead so I bought a Jeep last year, but unfortunately it got totaled in a crash about 2 months later:
View attachment 144419

View attachment 144420

I've been an avid backcountry backpacker for years, but with my wife and kids were finding that overlanding is a good family activity. I'm trying to keep my Jeep minimalist, but keep my family as comfortable as possible in it. Researching camp showers (a luxury my wife has requested) led me to your website. Hope to learn more and share my experiences.
Hello Ben and welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director, @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) are also Member Representatives if you are heading out of state.

Check out Overland Bound Meetups for upcoming events and meetups. Here are just a few of the larger and more prominent meetups throughout our region, so be sure to mark them down on your calendar:

March 28 NwOr SwWa March Meetup at MULE Expedition Outfitters in Tualatin, Oregon at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm PST. Come join the local Overland Bound Crew to discuss future meetups, campouts, and trail rides. This time there won’t be an open house, so it will be a OB event only. See you there. For more information contact @Spud.Built

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

June 25-28 British Columbia Overland Rally in Whistler BC. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. DM @Slimpartywagon to RSVP by May 31st to camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages, but coming very close to completion.

you can create your own Meetup by going to the Rally Point. The Rally Point is an easy to use tool that is pretty self explanatory once you navigate there. Along with the RP tool, Member Maps is a powerful mapping program that lets you see all kinds of Overland Bound related things; it even give you the ability to message up to 100 members at a time.

Once again Ben and family, welcome to Overland Bound.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

ps, check out Cabela’s and REI for some shower ideas... I have also seen some pretty interesting home brewed solar shower systems (might search the Overland DIY Projects pages as well).

Reactions: benb

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

View attachment 144418

View attachment 144419

View attachment 144420

Hi Ben, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: benb

JGCDieselWk2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Riverside, California
First Name
Ram
Last Name
Stanciauskas
New Member Here:

My name is Ram, from Jurupa Valley California (Riverside area)

Rather new to overlanding, these forums seem like the appropriate place to get my feet wet. I've recently spent some time accumulating a number of off-road parts and modifications for my JGC '18 WK2 EcoDiesel, trying to get close enough to some of my friend's Wrangler builds in order to keep up on most of the trails they run out here in California.

Overlanding Rig:
'18 JGC Limited Wk2 EcoDiesel
Mopar Offroad II package
Added:
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Takeoffs (285/70r17) with needed 1.75" Spidertraxx spacers to clear the HD brakes - required a foray into some levels of body trimming to get the right clearance at all levels of the Quadralift suspension, but with the removal of the fender liners lock to lock clears. Still need to perform the WK2 pinch weld to prevent the occasional rub when clearing some bumps at normal/aero suspension height. Utilized the AlfaOBD app paired with an OBD MX II to set a higher normal ride height for standard driving around town. Still trying to coordinate some type of fender liner fabrication (seems plenty of off the shelf options for Wranglers and 0 for the Grand Cherokees (Wk2)).
Chief Products Trek Eleven Rock Rails
Gobi Stealth Roof Rack (With ladder!) - already plenty useful on a number of trips to provide a spacious and comfortable cabin even when hauling all the necessary baby accouterments and some extra family members.
Incoming: Chief Products lower WK2 front guard (likely a more involved wrenching challenge for me as the entire front end will be coming off.

Photos below: (First before all the changes aside from the roof rack)

20191125_205523 - pre takoffs.jpg

Updated with all the listed changes above, still need to add the Chief lower front guard. (Wife's '15 identical trim clone to my '18 in the background)

20200314_143444 resize.jpg

Hopefully looking to learn a few things, get some introduction to potential overlanding events that some of the very active reps are graciously outlining just even in this thread. And also get introduced to the proper etiquette for listing an off road purchase or two that I wound up not utilizing and could use an appropriate home.

Cheers

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New Member Here:

My name is Ram, from Jurupa Valley California (Riverside area)

Rather new to overlanding, these forums seem like the appropriate place to get my feet wet. I've recently spent some time accumulating a number of off-road parts and modifications for my JGC '18 WK2 EcoDiesel, trying to get close enough to some of my friend's Wrangler builds in order to keep up on most of the trails they run out here in California.

Overlanding Rig:
'18 JGC Limited Wk2 EcoDiesel
Mopar Offroad II package
Added:
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Takeoffs (285/70r17) with needed 1.75" Spidertraxx spacers to clear the HD brakes - required a foray into some levels of body trimming to get the right clearance at all levels of the Quadralift suspension, but with the removal of the fender liners lock to lock clears. Still need to perform the WK2 pinch weld to prevent the occasional rub when clearing some bumps at normal/aero suspension height. Utilized the AlfaOBD app paired with an OBD MX II to set a higher normal ride height for standard driving around town. Still trying to coordinate some type of fender liner fabrication (seems plenty of off the shelf options for Wranglers and 0 for the Grand Cherokees (Wk2)).
Chief Products Trek Eleven Rock Rails
Gobi Stealth Roof Rack (With ladder!) - already plenty useful on a number of trips to provide a spacious and comfortable cabin even when hauling all the necessary baby accouterments and some extra family members.
Incoming: Chief Products lower WK2 front guard (likely a more involved wrenching challenge for me as the entire front end will be coming off.

Photos below: (First before all the changes aside from the roof rack)

View attachment 144455

Updated with all the listed changes above, still need to add the Chief lower front guard. (Wife's '15 identical trim clone to my '18 in the background)

View attachment 144456

Hopefully looking to learn a few things, get some introduction to potential overlanding events that some of the very active reps are graciously outlining just even in this thread. And also get introduced to the proper etiquette for listing an off road purchase or two that I wound up not utilizing and could use an appropriate home.

Cheers
Hi Ram, welcome to the OB community.

18JL_ovlnd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Stockton, CA 95219, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carraher
Member #

Hello everyone! We are Chris and Alessia from Stockton, CA. Just recently joined after researching a few networks that shared our interests in the outdoors and felt this community looked like a good fit.

We drive a modestly modified 2018 JLU Sahara and I have some offroad experience with a couple other jeeps I've owned in the past. We both have camping/hiking experience and in the process of combining it into what everyone now calls overlanding.

Looking forward to meeting new people, learn about everyones experiences, and having great adventures!

steiner_9

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Dakota, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Stein
Hey all, new to the community and checking in from North Dakota. Looking to get out an explore with the family and nurture a passion for being outdoors! I have a little experience with some trial riding/light off roading getting back into areas when hunting in western ND. Driving a 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road. Total stock rig and thinking about leaving it that way until I’m smart enough to figure out what’s going to work for us.

Attachments

iLikeDonuts

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Waterous
Hello! I've been here and there from Europe to Southeast Asia, beginning in Canada and currently living on the western slope of beautiful Colorado. I'm one third of the team, with my wife and collie/pointer X making up the rest. We're avid climbers, except for the dog, having climbed all over CO, parts of Utah (knocked out Castleton last summer!), and up through Idaho and Washington.

Mostly on the ground tent camping for us, but as of this year we're shopping between a Hiker Trailer and a RTT... haven't decided which one we'd prefer just yet.

NGengineer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central, South Carolina
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Nodine
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nodine
Hello as you can tell I’m new.

Rig: 2014 Toyota Tundra TRD pro

Experience: been once with my uncle and been wanting to do it more.
I do go hiking and used to the outdoors. Already have plenty of camping gear. Just wanna see what my truck to do.

Attachments

DerekJeep

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Elb
Member #

Not exactly new here but never introduced myself.

Location: just moved back to Southern California, I missed the desert!

RIG: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited non-rubicon
AEV lift, bumpers, and tire carrier. 255/65r16 on 16x8 -10et. 95,000 miles

Overlanding Experience Background: Grew up dirtbiking and taking 2wd trucks as far as they would go. Jeep is actually my first 4x4

Attachments

DerekJeep

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Elb
Member #

Not exactly new here but never introduced myself.

Location: just moved back to Southern California, I missed the desert!

RIG: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited non-rubicon
AEV lift, bumpers, and tire carrier. 255/65r16 on 16x8 -10et. 95,000 miles

Overlanding Experience Background: Grew up dirtbiking and taking 2wd trucks as far as they would go. Jeep is actually my first 4x4

Attachments

hildreth8404

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hildreth
Member #

Hey everyone,

FIgured this was the natural place to start.

Lets see, I am from Waxahachie,Tx (just south of Dallas), I drive a 2009 F-250 Superduty that is at the moment completely stock. Also, I am completely new to this. Like if there was a color greener than green, I'd be that. But I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge here.

Hope to see you guys out there.

Chris

jeeper_4_life

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kansas
First Name
Rob
Last Name
E
Member #

Hello, new member named Rob. Been lurking for several months reading various topics.
Rigs: 2013 Ford Raptor I use to tow 81' Jeep Scrambler that's fairly built.
Been off-roading since I was a kid with my folks, got more into it after college with friends. We typically base camp, but eventually wouldn't mind doing some overlanding.

Rob

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, new member named Rob. Been lurking for several months reading various topics.
Rigs: 2013 Ford Raptor I use to tow 81' Jeep Scrambler that's fairly built.
Been off-roading since I was a kid with my folks, got more into it after college with friends. We typically base camp, but eventually wouldn't mind doing some overlanding.

Rob
Hi Rob, welcome to the OB community. Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us.

SteveE

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Days Creek, OR
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Egbert
Hi everyone. New member Steve here from the wilds of Oregon. I've been watching Overland Bound on You Tube for several years now and decided it was past time to join in.
I drive a 2016 4Runner as my daily driver and adventure rig. slight mods with spacer lift front, OME springs and Eibach shocks rear, full RCI Offroad skids and rock sliders.
Next will be SSO front bumper and a winch along with some proper front suspension.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@SteveE , welcome glad you finally joined. I am the Northwest Director, @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative.

Tonight we have to conference calls for the Eastern Part of the region, although all members are encouraged to join the call. The first call is the Treasure Valley Conference Call at 6:30 PM March 15th. And the second call is the Inland Northwest Conference call at 7:30.

@Big G is a very active member in Grants Pass. He just held the Southern Oregon Meet and Greet yesterday. Look for more events in the future from members wanting to put stuff together in your area.
@2RiversRanchExpeditions is hosting a 4the of July Expedition from July 3-6 in Dayville, Oregon.

feel free to message us at any time with questions concerns or to just chat at any time.

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director
Overland Bound