Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is lake (Yes, like the body of water) I drive a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ, it's been my daily driver for 3 years. I'm a very experienced camper/outdoorsman but just recently decided I'm going to build my TJ into an overland rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lake.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all, my name is lake (Yes, like the body of water) I drive a 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ, it's been my daily driver for 3 years. I'm a very experienced camper/outdoorsman but just recently decided I'm going to build my TJ into an overland rig.
Welcome Lake,
As @Kent R said, I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Overland Bound is more than just a forum where we discuss Overlanding. We are a community dedicated to Vehicle Dependent Travels throughout our natural environment. We are stuarts to the trail systems.

The Northwest Region is one of, if not the , fastest growing Overland Bound Regions in the world. From an Overlanders prospective we have it all. From the jungles of the Olympic Rain Forrest, to the Cascade Wonder Lands, to the central deserts, and every thing in between, we have it all right here.
We have several events on the 2020 calendar thus far. The big ones are:

March 14, 2020 11:00 am PST is the Southern Oregon Meet and Greet in Grants Pass Oregon hosted by @Big G at the“Black Forrest Family Restaurant “. This is an event to gather members from Norther California and Southern Oregon and discuss future overland events. I understand this event might be a bit of a drive for you and awful short notice. I only mention it because there is also a couple of campouts being worked as we speak in the GP region. Contact @Big G for more information.

We have two reoccurring conference calls each month on the third Sunday of the month. The first is the Treasure Valley Conference Call hosted by @Dave H. at 6:30 pm PST where members in the Boise Metro Area discuss trail rides, campouts, and spring time get togethers. This is fallowed by @Sandpoint Steve ‘s Inland Northwest Conference Call. The Inland Northwest CC is a round table discussion on topics that Steve feels the need to address. Last month we talked about how to set up a Rally Point and the month before was on trail coms. Both calls are a wealth of information and I highly encourage the 2 hour block of time to get a chance to share ideas with other members through the region.

March 28, 2020 10:00 am pst NwOr SwW Monthly Meetup at Mule Expedition Outfitters in Tualatin, Oregon is hosted by @Spud.Built. This will be the second meetup held at Mule Expedition Outfitters. I don’t have a whole lot of details but contact @Spud.Built for more information.

April- @Gabriel Bozeman hosts a monthly campout in the Olympic Mountains and/or the Cascades. The dates and locations change each month. Check out Washington Monthly Campout to see what the past campouts have been like.

June is a busy month, The Northwest Overland Rally (June 18-21), BC Overland Rally (June 25-28) and then WABDR sections before and after the NWOR. Contact me for more information on how to attend these events. Tickets are on sale now until the end of the month.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon is going to be a fun expedition on @2RiversRanchExpeditions personal Ranch.

September 4-7 (Labor Day Weekend) the 1st Northwest Regional Campout in Southeast Washington Northeast Oregon. Mark the dates on your calendar and keep watching for this event to post as the final stages of planning are completed.

If you have questions about any of these events, or any other information do t hesitate to contact myself or any of the Member Representatives .

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! New from Minnesota! Running a ‘18 Silverado with 2.5” lift. We lived in Dubai for 5 years and got our start in overlanding there. Moved back to the states last year and getting ready to try this thing out this summer!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Ron here.

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma Off-road short bed
Experience: Complicated? :) Novice to overlanding

I have camped my entire life and the last 5-6 years I have done some motorcycle camping both Dual Sport and Touring. I decided to transition to vehicle based with a Ford F 150 long bed.. after deciding it was way to big and limiting I decided to go with a Tacoma.

I’ve started building out the new rig and am looking forward to exploring.. its going to be lots of fun.

Ron
Welcome to Overland Bound Ron.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello One and All,
I hale from hardcore Jeep country, Colorado, and I'm new to overlanding. I've been jeeping for years and I have a rock crawling rig that can go most places, but as I get more experienced (read older) I find I'd like to spend some time overlanding some of the less hardcore spots and trails. To that end I have decided to turn a 2018 JLU into my overland vehicle. I've already added 35" tires and a Gobi Stealth Rack and I plan to add a Road-shower but I will be looking for advise on almost everything else. Since I don't have an overland machine to show off yet, I posted a picture of my garage, you might say I'm an enthusiast.View attachment 144016
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area ,CA
2) My rig is a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek, mods: 20 inch in-grille light bar, yellow fogs, ADF ditch light setup, Trigger System for lights, (still work in progress)
3) My overland experience is pretty low, been on some dirt roads, but nothing to serious. want to get out there more but don’t no exactly where to start. I have some experience camping, hiking, fishing, ect. Would like to see how some other Subies are set up!
Welcome to Overland Bound Evan.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

There is a local meet-up very close to you. If your interested contact @PapaDave
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
West US - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Pretty new to 'Overlanding' done plenty of camping over the years, but looking to start heading further afield. Did have a converted Nissan Patrol (old leaf sprung) with roof tent etc, but have just changed to a Jeep Earthroamer XV-JP. Oh, and based in the UK, in Warwickshire. Pictures of old rig (still have at present) and new rig.View attachment 144008View attachment 144009

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Drewleighton

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So new guy here to "overlanding" , but have been camping my entire life and wheeling since the early 90's.
Live in Santa Clara, CA
My daily drive is a 2008 Tundra with a few suspension and power-train mods
My regular wheeler started off in 2005 as a bone stock 86 Samurai, but really the only Samurai left is the hood and registration.
View attachment 144002View attachment 144003View attachment 144004View attachment 144005View attachment 144006View attachment 144007
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this May https://www.overlandexpo.com/wes

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there, I'm Phil (OB #22082) from central Massachusetts! My wife and I are new to overlanding but have a little experience off-road. I drive a 2019 Silverado LT Trail Boss and would love to hear from you guys on the best way to start gearing her up!
View attachment 143984
Welcome to Overland Bound Phil.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello new family.

I have been lurking for a while as I gained interest in over landing. I have read hundreds of posts to help me with the purchase of my new rig. Found a bone stock 2013 TE 4runner that is ready for a transformation and make many memories in the upcoming years.

I am a Navy Veteran relocated to the great state of Maine. My son (9yo) and wife enjoy the outdoors and am focusing my build to better support getting away to northern Maine on the weekends. Our overlanding will primarily be logging roads in search of remote Brooks to catch native brookies and camping then making the trip back home before Monday to get back to work.

I am a total newbie when it come to the 4runner and look forward to utilizing this group for the build and hopefully return the favor to the next member with knowledge gained. I am going to start a build thread and share my three phase project plan and hopefully end up with a capable rig when it is done.

The snow is melting so time to get started. See you in the forums and possibly on the trail. View attachment 143906
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 143893
Hello everybody,

I am Braden Mathews and I'm currently driving a 2003 Chevy Avalanche WBH. Not my first rig but by far the absolute best all around I've ever dealt with. It is still in the very early stages of the build, but it has been with me and my family for the last 8 years and nearly 150k of the 280k miles it has on it. I am from Idaho but am currently living in Arizona until Uncle Sam decides I need to live somewhere else. I have a good bit of experience offroading, it's how we'd spend our weekends when we could get away from the farm. I was blessed to live in an area where there's so much to see, and hope someday to see it all. Arizona has so far proved to be much the same in that regard.

Don't fear the full-size.
Welcome to Overland Bound Braden.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI everybody
My name is Gordon (Expat from South Africa)
I now live in Muri AG, central Switzerland (Mountain country)
RIG: 1991 Jeep Wrangler YJView attachment 143892

Wanting to get out there and do some overlanding :)
Welcome to Overland Bound Gordon.

The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48, Robert can get you hooked up events.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. My name is James. I am from Wyoming. The family and I love to explore and go on adventures. Our rig is a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I have a good strong moderate experience in overlanding.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
I am new here from the midwest(Missouri) new to the overland scene but would live to learn more and travel more. But here is my 2014 Lexus GX460 with a 2.5 lift and 33in tires
View attachment 143741
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @BlueLineOverland @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Fellow Guardians! Ron here with a quick intro. 30+ years as a first responder. My truck is a 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro4x with 110k miles. Plans to build out for the wife and I to travel full time. I debated about using this current truck, or moving to a Toyota, Dodge Rebel, Chevy ZR2, etc. In the end, it’s paid for and I’ve been meticulous on the maintenance. I’m sure it will do what we need it to do. I also have 25k miles on my 2016 Honda Africa Twin for solo journey’s. The wife and I have plans to detour and follow the brown signs to wherever they lead. The road will also lead to where the general camping community does not travel. I’ll share current mods/future plans in another post. Thanks for having us!

View attachment 143736

View attachment 143733
View attachment 143734
View attachment 143733
Welcome to Overland Bound Ron.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HOWDEY, I meet 0000 today at an expo. I grew up in East County San Diego building and driving an old CJ-5 and later a Defender-90 but 20 years later I now reside in Newport Beach, recently married, and I now have a newborn daughter and looking to share the outdoor lifestyle I grew up with, with her. I have a 2018 RAM Rebel with ram box's..... im fabricating up a rack/camper for it now. taking it slow, learning as I go, and building/buying when I see the need. Other hobbies include BJJ, Spearfishing, competitive shooting sports, and wakeboarding. ANY advice is welcome.
View attachment 143687
Welcome to Overland Bound! Thanks for stoping by the show and shine and saying hi.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
My name is Brian, pretty much just starting out. I have owned a bone stock 1991 FJ80 soccer mom wagon that never saw dirt for 3 years. I just decided to build her out and found this resource.
Brian
OC California
1991 TLC FJ80
View attachment 143667
Great rig.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
So new guy here to "overlanding" , but have been camping my entire life and wheeling since the early 90's.
Live in Santa Clara, CA
My daily drive is a 2008 Tundra with a few suspension and power-train mods
My regular wheeler started off in 2005 as a bone stock 86 Samurai, but really the only Samurai left is the hood and registration.
View attachment 144002View attachment 144003View attachment 144004View attachment 144005View attachment 144006View attachment 144007
Wow nice set up! Is that Gold Lake?

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March, April, and beyond! Our next meet up is Saturday April 11th, 1-3pm at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out