Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brian (@Wyrickb ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a DFW meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to forum.
2016 Toyota 4Runner trail
Tepui tent
Naples FL
Heading to north Ga for four days any suggestions for trails?
Welcome to the Forum.
The information you need can be found on the regional and trip planning pages. You can also contact the local Member Representative to get some ideas regarding the area your interested in.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! I am Gyamtsho
My rig is 1993 80 series LC
I am from Thimphu, Bhutan a tiny kingdom in the HimalayasView attachment 142557
Welcome To Overland Bound Gyamtsho!
You will find the forum to be very helpful with your build, the 80 is a great platform to start with.
Please keep us updated on your adventures in that part of the world.

Reactions: Gyamtsho

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Texas! I am Brian and live in the DFW area. I started out with an Xterra a few years ago and after my first trip to Ouachita last year my wife said I needed to get something bigger because her and the kids were going! The next weekend we found 2004 Lexus GX 470 and on our first big trip the kids named her "Lady Nova" because she is a little high maintenance but shines bright when the terrain gets tough. Not many mods yet, some lift spacers to level her out and fit some 33in AT's on her and we hit the road. I consider myself a novice but had a steep learning curve after a few hours on Imogene in August! We have been overlanding in New Mexico, Colorado, the Ouachita National Forest, The Ozarks and are heading out soon to Padre National Seashore to get our "expeditions" started this year. We are glad to be Members finally, and can relate to Michael's view on how getting outdoors can change you. We created so many amazing memories as a family and can't wait to make more!
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!
I'm Aaron. I'm from the South Valley New Mexico. My wife and I just got our first 4x4 and I'm very excited to get into Overlanding. I've done lots of camping growing up and I've always had a desire to be in the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I'm Sean

Current Vehicle: 1992 FJ80
Experience: Lots of backpacking, hiking, and tent camping over the years. Owned a few jeeps and trucks over the years for some offroading but never done any overlanding per say. But have enjoyed Overlound Bound's Youtube for way too long to not do something about it!
Welcome to Overland Bound.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey what’s up guy, I’m Saul from Fontana CA and I’m new to overlanding, I use to camp a lot back when I was a kid with my family haven’t camped in like 15 years, I’m super excited to get back at it. I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma OR
Welcome to Overland Bound Saul.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Reactions: Asada_Taco49

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

I'm Alex, I live in Missouri as of right now, but I'm originally from the great state of Montana. I drive a 2017 Ram 1500 Express. My truck is in the process of bing set up, but here it is as it sits! I am fairly new to overlanding, and cannot wait to get more into it! Exploration, camping, driving, and being in nature are some of my biggest passions so why not combine them all! Can't wait to start the adventures and share them with everyone! Happy Trails!

View attachment 142469
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514, @BlueLineOverland, @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Edwin here from Los Angeles! Got a 2019 Tacoma that I've already put 25k on. Just bought the Four Wheel Camper Project M and waiting for it to come in sometime next month. These pop up truck campers seem awesome and perfect for what I want. Been camping all my life mostly backpacking and mountaineering but been participating in the overland scene for the past couple years. Met great people and looking to continue meeting great people in this community. Give me a holler if you wanna plan a trip!
Welcome to Overland Bound Edwin.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

This event is happening very close to you next weekend 4x4 Adventure Expo Event Coverage at Four Wheeler Network Come by the show and shine and say hi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello
Brian Murry
Eugene Oregon
@07adventuretundra (insta)
2007 tundra reg cab sb
2.5 king ome rear springs
305/75/18
Arb bumper
ARE walkthru canopy
Hawk four wheel camper
View attachment 142418View attachment 142419View attachment 142420
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I am VERY new to this forum and overloading in general. I currently live in Minneapolis MN and have been considering buying an off-road trailer/camper. I am hoping to connect with some people in my area and gain some insight into some different aspects of overloading. Thanks!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there from Ohio! I'm looking forward to learning from the community. My shiny badge number is #22329. I hope to muddy it up this spring. Happy to be here! :grinning:
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo® If you are able to make it this event @Ohio Valley Overland is working on a group camp ground for all Overland Bond members attending.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Overlanded

Gyamtsho

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Thimphu, Bhutan
First Name
Gyamtsho
Last Name
Gyamtsho
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Gyamtsho!
You will find the forum to be very helpful with your build, the 80 is a great platform to start with.
Please keep us updated on your adventures in that part of the world.
Thank you Kent, I will definitely update on our adventures. Cheers!!

Reactions: Kent R

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello All!

I'm Alex, I live in Missouri as of right now, but I'm originally from the great state of Montana. I drive a 2017 Ram 1500 Express. My truck is in the process of bing set up, but here it is as it sits! I am fairly new to overlanding, and cannot wait to get more into it! Exploration, camping, driving, and being in nature are some of my biggest passions so why not combine them all! Can't wait to start the adventures and share them with everyone! Happy Trails!

View attachment 142469
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Alex

Reactions: Kent R and Alrod_46

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hey, I'm Chris. I grew up in the Midwest, but lived in many of the regions of the US. Currently in WA state and plan on being in this general area (Washington/Idaho/Montana) into the forseeable future.

My dream vehicle(s) is/are a ’93/’94 Land Cruiser and a new Ram 3500 Prospector XL. Never going to happen, but have to fantasize about something.

My current rig is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71. It has 0” lift, and stock size wheels and tires :D) Would love to start building it out, but am a total newb when it comes to appropriate choices while staying in my GVWR. Is it appropriate to ask questions I have about my build in people who have similar vehicles build threads?
Chris, Welcome from the NW corner of Washington. Always good to dream about the ultimate rig, I know I have a few I would like, but I also feel the best overlanding vehicle is the one currently sitting in the driveway. No matter what it is, you can just get in and explore. As far as your Chevy, you would be surprised at the capability it already has and should have a fair amount of weight capacity for some goodies. There are plenty of folks on here with a lot of experience (and opinions..lol) that they would be happy to share with you including myself. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, someone will have an answer or suggestion, and we are all here to help you learn.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Howdy Boys

Brand new. 4 wheeling limited to stupid stuff as a kid. Definitely a novice. Shopping for a rig. In the Seattle area but looking to move ASAP. Nice to meet y’all
Welcome to the group from NW Washington, Hopefully you get a rig soon an get out for some exploring, perhaps then you might stick around the area for a while longer. Remember the rain only makes the adventure more memorable. besides we still have that one day in August when its dry...lol, Go on plenty of adventures no matter where you end up:)

AaronRidley

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Lunas, NM, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Ridley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADR
Hello Aaron (@AaronRidley ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham radio operator as well, perhaps you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater you can use the Echolink app, many of us do.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I certainly look forward to being part of this community. I'm definitely going to be checking out that Echolink net as soon as I can.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose