Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fontana, CA, USA
First Name
Saul
Last Name
Mendoza
Member #

Hey what’s up guy, I’m Saul from Fontana CA and I’m new to overlanding, I use to camp a lot back when I was a kid with my family haven’t camped in like 15 years, I’m super excited to get back at it. I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma OR

Attachments

Alrod_46

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Missouri
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hey what’s up guy, I’m Saul from Fontana CA and I’m new to overlanding, I use to camp a lot back when I was a kid with my family haven’t camped in like 15 years, I’m super excited to get back at it. I drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma OR
Pretty good setup! I like it!

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Welcome to the OB community Saul.

SWAFJ80

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brighton, Co
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Hannon
Hi! I'm Sean

Current Vehicle: 1992 FJ80
Experience: Lots of backpacking, hiking, and tent camping over the years. Owned a few jeeps and trucks over the years for some offroading but never done any overlanding per say. But have enjoyed Overlound Bound's Youtube for way too long to not do something about it!

Wyrickb

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rockwall, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wyrick
Member #

Howdy from Texas! I am Brian and live in the DFW area. I started out with an Xterra a few years ago and after my first trip to Ouachita last year my wife said I needed to get something bigger because her and the kids were going! The next weekend we found 2004 Lexus GX 470 and on our first big trip the kids named her "Lady Nova" because she is a little high maintenance but shines bright when the terrain gets tough. Not many mods yet, some lift spacers to level her out and fit some 33in AT's on her and we hit the road. I consider myself a novice but had a steep learning curve after a few hours on Imogene in August! We have been overlanding in New Mexico, Colorado, the Ouachita National Forest, The Ozarks and are heading out soon to Padre National Seashore to get our "expeditions" started this year. We are glad to be Members finally, and can relate to Michael's view on how getting outdoors can change you. We created so many amazing memories as a family and can't wait to make more!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello
Brian Murry
Eugene Oregon
@07adventuretundra (insta)
2007 tundra reg cab sb
2.5 king ome rear springs
305/75/18
Arb bumper
ARE walkthru canopy
Hawk four wheel camper
View attachment 142418View attachment 142419View attachment 142420
Welcome Brian, Nice looking Truck. That ARB bumper looks good on your girl.
You are in the Northwest Region, I am the Northwest Regional Director. You are in one of (if not) the fastest growing Region on the planet. Events and meetups are popping up all over the place.

Speeking of Meetups; there is a huge meetup Saturday March 14th in Grants Pass, Oregon. People as far south as Crescent City are making the drive for it. For more information contact @Big G. You can also read about it on the Rally Point.

It might be a bit of a drive for you, March 7&8 in Puyallup, Washington Fairgrounds is a Ham swap meet (the 7th) and a 4x4 swap meet (the 8th).
Ham Swap Meet
4x4 Swap Meet

4th of July Weekend at 2rivers Ranch in Dayville Oregon is going to be a fun expedition type campout with lots of exploring and camping.

September 4-7 Northwest Regional Campout. The first annual Northwest Campout in The Blue mountains is going to be a great event. It’s still in the planning stages, so keep an eye out for full details to appear by early June...

Here is a full list of events in the Northwest that are on the Calendar as of Friday, February 28th.

To find out about more events in your area, or help setting up your own, contact your local Member Representative @Munga Brown. @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) are also Member Reps for the Northwest Region.

Also don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, ideas or concerns.

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director
Overland Bound

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi! I'm Sean

Current Vehicle: 1992 FJ80
Experience: Lots of backpacking, hiking, and tent camping over the years. Owned a few jeeps and trucks over the years for some offroading but never done any overlanding per say. But have enjoyed Overlound Bound's Youtube for way too long to not do something about it!
Hi Sean, welcome to the OB community.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jason (@nightflyer ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a DFW meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Aaron (@AaronRidley ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham radio operator as well, perhaps you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater you can use the Echolink app, many of us do.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brian (@Wyrickb ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a DFW meet up.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.