Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. My name is Jason Copeland. Been wheeling for quite awhile now. Discovered overlanding a few years ago and was happy to find a style that fit what I like to do best. I live in central Iowa but I’ve been exploring around the Mark Twain forests in MO and other parts of the Ozarks for the past couple years now. I drive a 2013 JK that’s also my daily driver so i don’t get too crazy with it. Looking forward to connecting with other overlanders around where I like to explore.View attachment 140846View attachment 140853
Welcome to Overland Bound Jason.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514 @Joe Hunt @BlueLineOverland

Reactions: KA7USA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
GREETINGS!
My name is Ethan Logan. My wife Bonnie and I are from Fidalgo Island in the beautiful Puget Sound. Most of my off-road experience is mountain biking and dual-sport motorcycles, but we’re super excited to launch ourselves into the Overland Bound culture and experience.
Our rig is a 2002 4Runner SR5 4x4 named “Bernhard”. He’s still a work in progress, but now he’s got a cb radio and good tread on the tires, so we’re gonna take him places.
Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ethan and Bonnie.

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. I ´m new here too. Found this forum because of a crazy drawer video by michael.
My current rig is a 2011 tundra quad cab. We go camping a lot with the kids in tents. Done a couple of more overland style trip with wife and friends but its all budget oriented lol.
here is a picture. I dont have one with the bed setup but its pretty basic, big homemade bedslide with a kitchen drawer that i swap between the truck and the camp when we set up there. Got myself a big engel fridge for a song, looking for ways to make it functionnal under the awning. Will post pics.
View attachment 140835
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning, New guy here.
I live in Northern California.
Current vehicle is a 1989 YJ Jeep project.
It turns out the Jeep that I thought I bought wasn't!! Currently putting in my coms this week if I can find the time.
Looking at replacing my daily driver GMC 2500 with a new vehicle next year and doing a bunch of research. I want to put together a full size overland truck.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Marinerecon

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Kovacs
Thanks for the add. We live in SW Wisconsin, deep in the Driftless Area
Two years ago we bought a M101A2 trailer and have outfitted it with a RTT, awning and cool diamond plate top.
We pull Matilda with a Ram 1500 and can't tell it's back there.
Our travels and gravel grinder bike races has taken us around the country and wherever we go we get loads of questions about our setup.
Michigan, Wyoming, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa and other awesome places.
Next "fabrication" or inclusion will be some type of hot water system and storage.
We welcome all suggestions and look forward to meeting as many of you as we can...we always have coffee
NickIMG_20200122_111622.jpg

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Jay.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
West US - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Thank you Kent. I'm just soaking up what I can when I can. Enjoying our warmer weather too!

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Good morning, New guy here.
I live in Northern California.
Current vehicle is a 1989 YJ Jeep project.
It turns out the Jeep that I thought I bought wasn't!! Currently putting in my coms this week if I can find the time.
Looking at replacing my daily driver GMC 2500 with a new vehicle next year and doing a bunch of research. I want to put together a full size overland truck.
What part of NorCal are you in?

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Name Terry
Rig: Hydro Blue 2015 JKU Sport...the build is still in progress with an off-road trailer in my near future (Any recommendations would be welcome)
Overland Experience: None
Profession: Electronics Technician Instructor
I am a veteran...Active Duty US Navy(ET1), US Army Reserve(SSgt) & Ohio Air National Guard(Sgt).
Been tent camping a bit but never total off grid camping...I am looking forward the adventure.
Hi Terry!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for February, March, and April.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Name Terry
Rig: Hydro Blue 2015 JKU Sport...the build is still in progress with an off-road trailer in my near future (Any recommendations would be welcome)
Overland Experience: None
Profession: Electronics Technician Instructor
I am a veteran...Active Duty US Navy(ET1), US Army Reserve(SSgt) & Ohio Air National Guard(Sgt).
Been tent camping a bit but never total off grid camping...I am looking forward the adventure.
Hi Terrence welcome to the OB community. Thank you for your service.

Overland Ewack

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Glenside, PA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Wacker
Member #

Welcome

I am halfway across the state west from you.

Join in on the pa roll call threads and I have a few going about Rothrock and Bald Eagle State Forest.

Congrats on the Eagle Scout.
Thats awesome!. I will definitely check out the PA Roll Calls. I wouldn't mind finding some people to camp/ overland with around the same area.

qmedeiros

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sonoma, CA, USA
First Name
Quinn
Last Name
Medeiros
Member #

Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all, I just found out about this group and I’m super excited to be a part of things.
1) I have my Jeep as my profile pic. Nothing special yet. I bought it off a guy who towed it everywhere and it had been sitting for 2 years. So I am fixing it up and bringing it back to life and hoping to make it fun and capable to drive.
2) I live in Sonoma, Ca. It’s small town wine country of Northern California.
3) 2005 Jeep Liberty
4) I have camped, fished and hunted all my life. I enjoy all the things that go with it, but have never done any overlanding. I feel like you should be prepared for anything and I’m ravenous for information and learning.
Welcome from Oregon.
You are in US West region, @Narbob is your Regional Director.

Jsh2695

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
jeff
Last Name
Hodges
Member #

Hey Jeff, welcome to the OB forum! You've got a nice truck to explore with. If you haven't already, look into the radiator bypass mod for your transmission cooler (SMOD mod... stands for Strawberry Milkshake Of Death) it is/was a known issue for models pre-'11 (I think it was). Also some folks, myself included, have replaced the original rear axle breather "vent" to prevent premature seal failure. You can google them both and you'll be bombarded with forum links, etc, with answers to questions you might have. I had an '08 (with no issues) and traded it in on a '19. Love 'em both. Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into those upgrades. I am in the process of adding Spc upper control arm and a 2 inch body lift to sqeez in 35s. Added a winch carrier and a winch last week.

Attachments

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello everyone!

I've been doing a lot of research on these forums and decided to finally join.

1) Pictures of my rig from recent trip to Death Valley
2) Orange County, CA
3) 2018 F-150 w/ Leitner Design rack. Work on progress but it's getting there.
4) Always been into camping but relatively new to overloading and off-roading.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi. I am new here. I have a 19 Tundra. I am here to learn all the new things. This was one of the few pictures of the entire tundra on my computer. It now has a camper shell, and probably a few more things (the problem with itty bitty thumbnails). I am thinking about putting a rack on it so a tent can go above and I have more storage in the bed.
Mia, Welcome to the group! Really nice looking rig, looks like a good canvas for plenty of off road goodies to come. We hope to see you at an event or out on the trail.

G_Salazar

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

California
First Name
Gonzalo
Last Name
J
Member #

Hello everyone new member here [emoji1310], I’ve always been an outdoor person but I’m new at overlanding my ride is in the works for a camping tent just finished installing newly upgraded suspension lift I drive a 2012 Toyota Tundra I’m from Orange County CA, any suggestions on easy trails in Southern California area to hone my skills in off-roading for beginners? much appreciated [emoji1317]Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG