Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Carney
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound and very nice rig. As @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself @Magic Mike or @PapaDave anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Browse through the new member threads for some good information and it will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on the member calendar and rally points. There you will find upcoming local meet ups, trail runs and trainings. From you location there are four monthly meet ups within driving distance; Gold Country Overland (Auburn), Sierra Foothills Overlanders (Cameron Park), Tri-county (Pleasanton) and Central Cal (Ripon) . Refer to Rally Point for further information.

Look forward to seeing out on the trails.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
I will check all of that out and super excited to go to a meet up go on a trail run.
Joe

Radiodaddy

Rank III

Contributor III

Carmichael Ca
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pounds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LUA
Hello everyone , my name is Michael I live in Carmichael Ca. New to overland adventure. Recently purchased a 4Runner TDR off road and looking forward to over land travel with my wife. I am an experienced dirt bike and motorcycle camping adventurer so the transition should be smooth. Happy to be part of the Overland Community I know the forums and advise from others will help me with building a rig that will suit my needs. Thanks Michael38D3F8B3-4030-4ABF-884F-A5A7ECD3E849.jpeg

RustyFJ80

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lemoore, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Rust
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Service Branch
USN
20200216_184347.jpg
Hey everyone, I'm Dave and currently located in Lemoore,Ca. We moved here about 8 months ago and really like the area because of it's location. I just picked up this 1995 FJ80 (FZJ for the technical types!) over the weekend and looking forward to getting out there.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm Travis from Castaic CA. I have a 2017 F150 4x4. Brand new to overlanding though I've been camping, back packing ,and going to the desert to ride dirtbikes since I was a kid.
Convinced the wife overlanding would be a great way to get back into camping with our infant son as he gets older. She has also been asking me to go backpacking for years now.
So I'm going to start building my daily into a somewhat capable overland rig.View attachment 140421
Welcome to the OB community Travis.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone , my name is Michael I live in Carmichael Ca. New to overland adventure. Recently purchased a 4Runner TDR off road and looking forward to over land travel with my wife. I am an experienced dirt bike and motorcycle camping adventurer so the transition should be smooth. Happy to be part of the Overland Community I know the forums and advise from others will help me with building a rig that will suit my needs. Thanks MichaelView attachment 140709
Hi Michael, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 140720
Hey everyone, I'm Dave and currently located in Lemoore,Ca. We moved here about 8 months ago and really like the area because of it's location. I just picked up this 1995 FJ80 (FZJ for the technical types!) over the weekend and looking forward to getting out there.
Hi Dave, welcome to the OB community.

watchman1513

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Columbia
First Name
David
Last Name
Green
Member #

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Beginner

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, and just got my rig not that long ago. I'm very interesting in getting into this hobby, and hopefully, I'll see some of you out there.

fb914

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas, USA
First Name
bruce
Last Name
casey
Ham/GMRS Callsign
kg4bib
Current Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Wrangler , 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ , 2001 DR650 Suzuki
Previous Vehicle:
Overland Experience: Novice

Looking for new Adventures in my new soon to be state ... Looking for Dual Sport riding in Texas... Thanks all

Dns1234

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Hoffer
Hi all, new here. I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Growing up I remember crossing the USA every year or two from west coast to east coast with my Grandfather in his converted bread trucks and vans that he lived in. My family are all “gypsies” and traveling over land is in my blood. When I met my wife and had kids I planted my roots here in Arizona. I turned wrenches for the last 15 yrs (another gift from my grandpa) but have always missed that travel. I to this day think of all the scenic routes I traveled with my grandfather in those old bread trucks. Some of the best childhood memories I have. Anyway thanks for having me and re-sparking those feelings once again.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Beginner

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this, and just got my rig not that long ago. I'm very interesting in getting into this hobby, and hopefully, I'll see some of you out there.
Hi Dave, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all, new here. I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Growing up I remember crossing the USA every year or two from west coast to east coast with my Grandfather in his converted bread trucks and vans that he lived in. My family are all “gypsies” and traveling over land is in my blood. When I met my wife and had kids I planted my roots here in Arizona. I turned wrenches for the last 15 yrs (another gift from my grandpa) but have always missed that travel. I to this day think of all the scenic routes I traveled with my grandfather in those old bread trucks. Some of the best childhood memories I have. Anyway thanks for having me and re-sparking those feelings once again.
Hi Sean, we're glad to have you as part of the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Dns1234

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks Mike,
I will check all of that out and super excited to go to a meet up go on a trail run.
Joe
Glad to have you... Sierra Foothills was tonight, but the next Gold Country meet-up will be on March 7th and we will be covering Ham radios, feel free to come.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone , my name is Michael I live in Carmichael Ca. New to overland adventure. Recently purchased a 4Runner TDR off road and looking forward to over land travel with my wife. I am an experienced dirt bike and motorcycle camping adventurer so the transition should be smooth. Happy to be part of the Overland Community I know the forums and advise from others will help me with building a rig that will suit my needs. Thanks MichaelView attachment 140709
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice 4Runner. I am your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can also contact @PapaDave. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the new member threads for some good information, which will make navigating the OB website that much easier. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. You will find upcoming local meetups, trainings and trail runs in these two places.

From your location there are three local meetups within driving distance; Gold Country Overland in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland in Cameron Park and the Elk Grove meetup. For further information refer to Rally Points or the Calendar.

Welcome once again and I look forward to meeting you out on the trails.

Mike