First Name
Sean
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7SKK
Hi All,

Jan and I recently bought a Tacoma. We weren't really thinking about camping when we bought it, then we saw all the cool rooftop tents and gear! I had 4x4s years ago, and we were backpackers, now it seems we are going to be merging those things and doing a bit of overland truck camping.

Thanks! See you out there!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,

Jan and I recently bought a Tacoma. We weren't really thinking about camping when we bought it, then we saw all the cool rooftop tents and gear! I had 4x4s years ago, and we were backpackers, now it seems we are going to be merging those things and doing a bit of overland truck camping.

Jan and Sean welcome to the OB community. I don't know if you've heard about the NW Overland Rally, June 18-21 in Plain WA., but you would be able to see a lot of there and learn a ton about the Overlanding group and also get a good exposure to different vendors showing what's out there to upgrade your rig if that's what you want to do.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi All,

Welcome to Overland Bound Northwest Sean and Jan. @Kent R is the Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. The rest of the Member Rep team for the northwest is @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast), myself @Slimpartywagon (Eastern Oregon), and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho). We are here to help set up meetups, answer questions, and keep you informed on activities through the region.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

March 7th 9 am- 4 pm 39th Annual Electronic Show and Swap Meet in Puyallup, Washington hosted by Mike & Keys Amateur Radio Club. The Mike & Key Electronics Show & Swap Meet is one of the largest annual Amateur Radio events in the Pacific Northwest.

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose

OB #20990

Northwest Overland Member Representative

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all, My name is Mike. Member #21215. I live in Maine (the deep forested northern part) . I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado that has been on many adventures. I have camped and hiked my whole life and in the wilderness is where i feel most at home. Im a retired police sgt and also a army veteran. I am looking for a jeep Rubicon at this time. I came to the conclusion last fall that I hate Maine winters now. we have snow from October to April most years not to mention the below zero temps. I spend most of my time shoveling, plowing or carrying wood. I came across one of the overland videos one night and a light bulb came on and I knew this was my new venture. I want to get my jeep outfitted this summer in time for heading west next winter. My wife and i are planning to drive to a different southwestern state and explore for a month at a time. I hope to meet some of you like minded folks on the trail.
Hi Mike, and welcome to the OB community. Your plan for next Winter sounds like a "good" plan to me.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 140301
Hello from Kentucky novice to Overlanding but not to off roading. Looking forward to my build 2018 Ram 2500.
Welcome To Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region but very close to the Midwest and East Regions, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I’m new here, just joined based out of Boulder Colorado.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

FYI, This August Overland Expo will be in Loveland CO

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my names Andrew Stanley from Knoxville Tn I’m new to the over landing thing but always willing to learn more my current vehicle is a 2000 ford ranger 4x4 excited to take my first overlanding trip.
Welcome To Overland Bound Andrew.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper @BlueLineOverland @rrjones2u

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, My name is Mike. Member #21215. I live in Maine (the deep forested northern part) . I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado that has been on many adventures. I have camped and hiked my whole life and in the wilderness is where i feel most at home. Im a retired police sgt and also a army veteran. I am looking for a jeep Rubicon at this time. I came to the conclusion last fall that I hate Maine winters now. we have snow from October to April most years not to mention the below zero temps. I spend most of my time shoveling, plowing or carrying wood. I came across one of the overland videos one night and a light bulb came on and I knew this was my new venture. I want to get my jeep outfitted this summer in time for heading west next winter. My wife and i are planning to drive to a different southwestern state and explore for a month at a time. I hope to meet some of you like minded folks on the trail.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Travis from Castaic CA. I have a 2017 F150 4x4. Brand new to overlanding though I've been camping, back packing ,and going to the desert to ride dirtbikes since I was a kid.
Convinced the wife overlanding would be a great way to get back into camping with our infant son as he gets older. She has also been asking me to go backpacking for years now.
So I'm going to start building my daily into a somewhat capable overland rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’ll have to get some pics of my new truck!
Rig: 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Experience: novice.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @A-Aron @Knitron

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All,

Welcome Logical Dog! I'm in OH!

I do monthly camp outs in the Cascades. February's is going to be at Kulshan Campground on the 21-23. You can find more info here: NW Washington Monthly Campout: February Edition!
Or here for the general Rally Point: Northwest US - NW Washington Reoccurring Meet-Up

We also have an FB page.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep