Trey
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Okay, here we go.
Mack's Excursion.jpg's Excursion.jpg
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel
4) I have lots of experience backpacking and camping and have taken professional offroad driving courses; but, I am new to Overlanding. It looks like a whole new world of fun and I look forward to learning from everyone here.
Love the excursion... wish it was still in production.

Reactions: Kent R

heavychevy92

Rank 0

Contributor I

Corvallis, OR, USA
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Hajas
Greetings and salutations! This is Eddy.

Just moved to Corvallis, OR (early 2020)

Overland in a 92 Chevy K3500 - 454 big block, 4WD, 33" KO2s. Plenty of torque but also plenty of wheelbase.

Maybe an intermediate overlander now. Past trips have been mostly in Southern Cal (Anza Borrego, Mohave, Death Valley) and recently Yosemite area and Eastern Oregon. Looking forward to seeing the innovation of the community!

Attachments

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

Hello! New to the forum but a long time creeper on the YouTube / Instagram pages. We’re not new to overland travel but are in the early stages of making it our full time lifestyle! Looking forward to picking everyone’s brains as we dive into full time overlanding. Currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain which will become home to my wife and I and our young son. One quick question, I’m having issue logging into the OB app for some reason any tips??
Cheers
WanderingWinters Ewan
Washago, Ontario Canada

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Overland in a 92 Chevy K3500 - 454 big block, 4WD, 33" KO2s. Plenty of torque but also plenty of wheelbase.

Maybe an intermediate overlander now. Past trips have been mostly in Southern Cal (Anza Borrego, Mohave, Death Valley) and recently Yosemite area and Eastern Oregon. Looking forward to seeing the innovation of the community!
Welcome Eddy to not only Overland Bound, but to Oregon as well.
You are located in the Northwest Region. @Kent R is the Regional Director. @Munga Brown is the Oregon Coast Member Representative, @Gabriel Bozeman is the Member Representative for western and central Washington, @Sandpoint Steve is Idaho’s Member Rep, and I ( @Slimpartywagon ) am the Representative for Eastern Oregon.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by
Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Once again, Welcome Eddy. Feel free to message any of the staff with questions, concerns, ideas, or just to rag chew and learn what the northwest has to offset you.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
KJ7MFV
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Hey Eddy welcome to Oregon and the OB community. I also drive a full size rig, 88 Chevy Silverado 2500, regular cab, with a shell. It works for me.

Rockland213

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sidney ohio
First Name
Rocky
Last Name
Anderson
Hello from gray Ohio,
My name is Rocky and I’m from Sidney Ohio , I’ve had Toyota’s all my adult life and I also ride a lot of dirt bikes and adventure bikes.
I have a 05 Tacoma with a 4 wheel camper
67 Toyota FJ 40 that’s been stretched and has a Cummins 4BT
76 Toyota FJ 40 with Chevy small block

Attachments

Voyager1500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bergen County, NJ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Tierno
Member #

Hello,

My name is Chris

I'm from Northern New Jersey

I drive a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

Guess I would consider myself a novice in overlanding, how ever I used to wheel when I was younger with my Jeep wrangler, would go with friends, camping , dirt bikes and trucks. Love Road trips and checking out historic sites. Its been a while since ive really done any camping, anxious to get out this year and get my truck a little dirtier and some camping in. I am also into Mountain biking , Rail trails, Hiking , Just like being outdoors. Looking forward to hanging out, making new friends, learning and having some fun.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello! New to the forum but a long time creeper on the YouTube / Instagram pages. We’re not new to overland travel but are in the early stages of making it our full time lifestyle! Looking forward to picking everyone’s brains as we dive into full time overlanding. Currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain which will become home to my wife and I and our young son. One quick question, I’m having issue logging into the OB app for some reason any tips??
Cheers
WanderingWinters Ewan
Washago, Ontario Canada
Hey Ewan, the OB app is dead, but currently on the table being probed with electrodes (from what I'm able to understand), stay tuned!! In the meantime, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the main forum menu to the support section, you can cruise a couple threads to see what's happening with the app.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Heya Eddy, welcome to the OB forum! We're in pretty close proximity to each other. Check out Slimpartywagon's post above for some great, helpful info. Let me know if I can help you with anything, and keep your eye open for upcoming meet & greets!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

I
Hey Ewan, the OB app is dead, but currently on the table being probed with electrodes (from what I'm able to understand), stay tuned!! In the meantime, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the main forum menu to the support section, you can cruise a couple threads to see what's happening with the app.
Hey thanks for the update! I had that thought after reading about the 2.0 version in the works. Excited to see what’s coming

Ohio Boo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wentzel
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Thanks Kent. great info.
Tom

Redfinwater

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

17771CC7-45C9-40F9-B99E-CFD54E380B5C.jpeg
Hey folks, my name is Allen.
2. Charlotte, NC
3. 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
4. brand new to this overlanding thing. I’ve done something beach driving and haven’t really been camping since I was in high school. Glad to be here and looking forward to getting out there and having some new adventures! Nice to meet you guys. If anyone is in my neck of the woods drop me a PM!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from gray Ohio,
My name is Rocky and I’m from Sidney Ohio , I’ve had Toyota’s all my adult life and I also ride a lot of dirt bikes and adventure bikes.
Hey Rocky welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 140022
Hey folks, my name is Allen.
2. Charlotte, NC
3. 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road
4. brand new to this overlanding thing. I’ve done something beach driving and haven’t really been camping since I was in high school. Glad to be here and looking forward to getting out there and having some new adventures! Nice to meet you guys. If anyone is in my neck of the woods drop me a PM!
Welcome To Overland Bound Allen

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

My name is Chris

I'm from Northern New Jersey

I drive a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500

Guess I would consider myself a novice in overlanding, how ever I used to wheel when I was younger with my Jeep wrangler, would go with friends, camping , dirt bikes and trucks. Love Road trips and checking out historic sites. Its been a while since ive really done any camping, anxious to get out this year and get my truck a little dirtier and some camping in. I am also into Mountain biking , Rail trails, Hiking , Just like being outdoors. Looking forward to hanging out, making new friends, learning and having some fun.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Voyager1500

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from gray Ohio,
Welcome to Overland Bound Rocky.
Nice rigs, I would sure love to hear more about the 67 with the Cummins in it.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Cheers
WanderingWinters Ewan
Washago, Ontario Canada
Welcome to Overland Bound.
There is lots of information regarding full size pickup builds on the forum.
The app is no longer supported and will be replaced very soon with a very powerful version. For now log on the page using a browser.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Eddy.

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR West.

Nothing wrong with a little extra wheel base, makes for a comfortable ride. ;-)

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi everyone,

I joined ages ago but got a little distracted, but finally here's my intro.

I've got a defender 110, shes ex British military but not standard military spec. Shes my daily drive and a rolling project... its a Landy so its a constant fight against corrosion here in the UK.

Ive done some big trips but no real off roading as yet. The biggest trip to date was from the UK to the Czech Republic via Holland and Germany, it was ace.

I do all my own spannering so if i can help anyone i will and am happy to give advice.
[/QUOTE]

Welcome Gordon,
I'm your regional director so if you are looking for info or advice on all things OB let me know.
Additionally I have a number of Representatives helping with our region. @professorpool Nik and Leann are you local reps who organise and participate in trips throughout the year both here in our region and overseas.

Check out Rally Point to see a number of trips and meets already organised Events – Overland Bound

We have a couple coming up and also the Spring Adventure Overland Show where a number of us will be getting together again.

Look forward to seeing you at one of the meets soon.