Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

1) View attachment 139635
2) Northwest United states
3) My, ahem, "rig" is a 1990 Geo Prizm. Front wheel drive, 110 half dead shetland ponies under the hood, 3 speed automatic about as useful as a toaster. Basically the perfect possible rig for overland that has ever been created.
4) I have very little Overlanding specific experience, however I have a good deal of experience outdoors (Compared to most my age).
Awesome!! Welcome to OB. Let me know if I can help with anything, enjoy!

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

rdrichardson24

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Anaheim, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

Hello everyone! Rob here. I am new to the OB Forums, but have been following the community for a few years now. I recently sold my VW GTI and purchased this 2005 Tacoma and I couldn't be more excited to start exploring more places the VW just wasn't capable to go.

Area: Orange County, CA (Anaheim)
Rig: '05 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Access Cab
Experience: Beginner
C1AA9C85-7A64-4E76-9A52-5E9FBE40C365.JPG

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone! Nik here. New to the OB community. glad to be here. View attachment 139779

Area: Michigan
Rig: 2019 Tayota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Experience: Moderate experience
Nik, welcome to the OB community. So whereabouts in GR do you live? I lived nearly 20 years in Wyoming, Mi., until I moved to Oregon in 2003.

Ohio Boo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wentzel
Saying thanks for letting me in and hello from Ohio. Been wondering around the country since the early 90's. Started overlanding before the buzzword overlanding was around in my '91 YJ. The last 10+ years have been in my '09 JKU. Now over 200,000 miles are on the odometer.
4-1/2" AEV lift that has morphed into a custom long arm suspension for a more comfy ride (don't tell the AEV folks, lol).
Dana 44's, lockers, and 37" coopers that roll around and around.
A Warn 8274 because I like the older stuff too. I think it was built in 1984.
Custom drawer thingy built in the back to try and keep me organized
I do the wrenching on it since I like the idea of built not bought.

Oh, and a little trailer that gets pulled behind me sometimes. It's kinda fun too.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! Rob here. I am new to the OB Forums, but have been following the community for a few years now. I recently sold my VW GTI and purchased this 2005 Tacoma and I couldn't be more excited to start exploring more places the VW just wasn't capable to go.

View attachment 139798
Hi Rob, welcome to the OB community.
Saying thanks for letting me in and hello from Ohio. Been wondering around the country since the early 90's. Started overlanding before the buzzword overlanding was around in my '91 YJ. The last 10+ years have been in my '09 JKU. Now over 200,000 miles are on the odometer.
4-1/2" AEV lift that has morphed into a custom long arm suspension for a more comfy ride (don't tell the AEV folks, lol).

Oh, and a little trailer that gets pulled behind me sometimes. It's kinda fun too.
Welcome

Welcome Tom to the OB community, I like your rig.

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hey guys!
My names Tyler, I'm currently live in Graham Washington
I drive a 2019 diesel chevy zr2
I'd say I'm right between novice and experienced when it comes to offroading. I've done a few trips with the truck so far, including half of the WABDR. hope to meet some locals!
Tyler, Welcome to the group. We are located not too far north of you on Camano Island, always good to see more local folks joining. Great looking rig, & bonus points for being diesel powered. Hope to see you on the trails one day. Dave & Michelle

Bagallthethings

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Hallberg
Member #

Tyler, Welcome to the group. We are located not too far north of you on Camano Island, always good to see more local folks joining. Great looking rig, & bonus points for being diesel powered. Hope to see you on the trails one day. Dave & Michelle
We have property on Whidbey Island so we are up in that area pretty frequently! And Thank you!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 139798

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Reactions: rdrichardson24

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Nik here. New to the OB community. glad to be here. View attachment 139779

Area: Michigan
Rig: 2019 Tayota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Experience: Moderate experience

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: TacoMitten

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mark from Bay Area, California. My beautiful wife is in the photo.
1998 E350 2WD
320 Watts of solar
50 years of camping experience. Lot's of Overlanding on my feet. 0 Overlanding in a vehicle.
We are buying a Toyota Sienna to lift for future Overlanding.

View attachment 139778

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Here is some 2WD info.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from central FL. We have a few different vehicles at the moment.

View attachment 139762

View attachment 139763

View attachment 139764
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2010 F150 FX4
2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro

I will soon be trading in the F150 for a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, with the 3L turbo Eco-Diesel...

View attachment 139765
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Reactions: 2manytoyz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 139717

Hi everyone,

I joined ages ago but got a little distracted, but finally here's my intro.

I've got a defender 110, shes ex British military but not standard military spec. Shes my daily drive and a rolling project... its a Landy so its a constant fight against corrosion here in the UK.

Ive done some big trips but no real off roading as yet. The biggest trip to date was from the UK to the Czech Republic via Holland and Germany, it was ace.

I do all my own spannering so if i can help anyone i will and am happy to give advice.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tanner and I'm just getting into the overland scene now-- looking forward to exploring the southeast!

Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, minimal mods so far

Attached pic is from Linville Gorge Wilderness this past weekend.
View attachment 139716
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Mark from Bay Area, California. My beautiful wife is in the photo.
1998 E350 2WD
320 Watts of solar
50 years of camping experience. Lot's of Overlanding on my feet. 0 Overlanding in a vehicle.
We are buying a Toyota Sienna to lift for future Overlanding.

View attachment 139778
Hi Mark

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for February, March, and April.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
View attachment 139673
hello everyone always wanted to join this awesome online community
Location: Newark,Ca (bay area) also spend a lot of time in Yuma,Az
Rig:2015 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
experience: intermediate in Arizona in California none I am new to the area and have no clue where to go
Hi Kevin

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for February, March, and April.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R