Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Apollo Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Good afternoon. My name is Trey and I am new to overlanding. We currently live in the Tampa area. I am prepping for a trip with my father to the White Rim Trail. It is a bucket list trip for him. My wife and kids are excited about the trip. I currently own a 97 FZJ 80 we are restoring and a 2015 Tundra Crewmax we are building.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good afternoon. My name is Trey and I am new to overlanding. We currently live in the Tampa area. I am prepping for a trip with my father to the White Rim Trail. It is a bucket list trip for him. My wife and kids are excited about the trip. I currently own a 97 FZJ 80 we are restoring and a 2015 Tundra Crewmax we are building.
Welcome Trey

Reactions: Kent R

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP

Sweethome7374

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Apollo Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Ray
Member #

Nice toys...we are currently looking at 4runners
If I didn’t need have a tow vehicle I would love a Runner. The Tundra I bought to pull our boat. We are going to put a 3” coil over lift and UCA’s with rear shocks and shackles, 35’s, ARB rear locker and topper with slide for a UTAH Trip Next summer. Going to rent a camper trailer and take the family on a Griswald vacay! Will add airbags if needed. Will be a slow build with restoring the 80. I will start a build thread once we get rolling. The 80 is one of the family. We Are slowly getting it back to 100%.

Reactions: M Rose

Tgunn1981

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Gunn
Member #

Hello from Long Beach CA. I’m in the process of slowly building out my 2010 4Runner trail edition. Looking to find what works and doesn’t work and also find some groups to go exploring with. Let me know if any groups I should follow or join and if there are any meet ups in my area.
cheers

Attachments

HaveRuckWillTravel

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Raymond, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Mack
Last Name
McCord
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5PB
Okay, here we go.
Mack's Excursion.jpg
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel
4) I have lots of experience backpacking and camping and have taken professional offroad driving courses; but, I am new to Overlanding. It looks like a whole new world of fun and I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Attachments

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Hello Paul @armyRN , welcome from Oklahoma. Your screen name looks familiar, I am sure I have seen you on other Jeep forums.
I see you are a ham radio operator as well, feel free to join out weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar capable repeater don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app.

If my name sounds familiar, I'm also on the JeepForum a lot (a lot of folks know about the HF trailer build thread I started there). I also hang out on the Expedition Portal, and a little on the NW Overland Society page.

Trailer build thread: Mini Harbor Freight (type) Trailer Ultimate Build-Up Thread - JeepForum.com

I do have my HAM license (KI7TSP), but haven't really done much with it.

I was a member of FourWheeler's Overland Adventure East 2019, so you may have seen my name and Jeep there (check out the March 2020 edition of FourWheeler magazine on page 40).

I'm looking forward to maybe doing some trips with ya'll in the upcoming future. Picture was from this last summer as I was leaving home and heading up into Canada.

CA pre-run.2.jpg

Last edited:

SHEEPDOG 111

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Central Massachusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
C
Member #

1) View attachment 139635
2) Northwest United states
3) My, ahem, "rig" is a 1990 Geo Prizm. Front wheel drive, 110 half dead shetland ponies under the hood, 3 speed automatic about as useful as a toaster. Basically the perfect possible rig for overland that has ever been created.
4) I have very little Overlanding specific experience, however I have a good deal of experience outdoors (Compared to most my age).
Adventure can be found with any vehicle!
Welcome!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
1) View attachment 139635
2) Northwest United states
3) My, ahem, "rig" is a 1990 Geo Prizm. Front wheel drive, 110 half dead shetland ponies under the hood, 3 speed automatic about as useful as a toaster. Basically the perfect possible rig for overland that has ever been created.
4) I have very little Overlanding specific experience, however I have a good deal of experience outdoors (Compared to most my age).
Welcome Holiday, where at in Washington State are you located?
@Kent R is our regional Director. We currently have four Member Representatives. @Gabriel Bozeman (WA) @Sandpoint Steve (ID) @Munga Brown (Oregon Coast) and myself (Eastern Oregon).

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:
Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by
Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

February 21-23 NW Washington Monthly Campout located at Kulshan Campground along Baker Lake Rd for more information contact @Gabriel Bozeman
June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If my name sounds familiar, I'm also on the JeepForum a lot (a lot of folks know about the HF trailer build thread I started there). I also hang out on the Expedition Portal, and a little on the NW Overland Society page.

Trailer build thread: Mini Harbor Freight (type) Trailer Ultimate Build-Up Thread - JeepForum.com

I do have my HAM license (KI7TSP), but haven't really done much with it.

I was a member of FourWheeler's Overland Adventure East 2019, so you may have seen my name and Jeep there (check out the March 2020 edition of FourWheeler magazine on page 40).

I'm looking forward to maybe doing some trips with ya'll in the upcoming future. Picture was from this last summer as I was leaving home and heading up into Canada.

View attachment 139645
Can’t wait to meet you on the trails... I hope you are planning on coming to the 2 rivers Ranch 4th of July Weekend along with the Labor Day Northwest Regional Campout

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
North east, next to the border. I figured there were some events in WA and OR but not that many! I'll definitely try to get out to some of these, thanks!
February 29 from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm Post Falls Rigs and Food at Paul Bunyan Burger In Post Falls Idaho. This is a meet and greet event to meet every one and plan more reoccurring Meetups in the Valley.

February 16 at 6:00 pm Treasure Valley Conference Call hosted by @ButDad. This call runs prior to the Inland Northwest Conference Call. This months topics are Meet and Greet Potluck planning, reoccurring trail rides and other preplanning topics. This is a great opportunity to introduce yourself to the community.

February 16 at 7:30 pm Inland Northwest Conference Call hosted by @Sandpoint Steve. I highly recommend calling in. Lots of good information is spread around thought the members as well as more event planning for your area come spring and summer.

get involves with these conference calls and help plan some of the larger Meetups. As I mentioned earlier in order to host your own event; you have to become a paid member, but all are welcome to attend preplanned events.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all,

I'm Rath, from Manitoba Canada.
Drive a 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II
slightly lifted on 35" tires
cap on the back for a sleeping area during camping season. currently building a trailer to use for storage items to increase size of said sleeping platform!

some photos:

and the inside (currently)

Hi Rath, welcome to the OB community.