Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

That was the original pic when finished. The corners have since been rounded off and a large gear box has been mounted on tongue. Caulking painted over as well. Excellent observation though.
Was just teasing you a bit - looks like you did a fine job. Did you do a complete ground-up fab or did you have a donor trailer to work from?

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

FLwelder

Rank 0

Contributor I

Naples, Florida
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Reed
Was just teasing you a bit - looks like you did a fine job. Did you do a complete ground-up fab or did you have a donor trailer to work from?
It was built from the ground up using reclaimed steel from several different scrapped boat lifts.

I have build pics if anyone was interested. Maybe i should post them in the trailer build threads?

There is a galley in the rear and electrical/ battery storage room below.

It is 12’x5’ with detachable tongue

Jonnyr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Maine, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

Hey, Jon from Maine. Novice to overlanding, besides driving some logging and camp roads here and there, but excited to learn. I’m driving a 2010 Tacoma TRD.
I have a datin fab over canvas bed rack coming to mount my ARB RTT. Trucks a stock TRD Off-road until I get my OME lift installed.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey, Jon from Maine. Novice to overlanding, besides driving some logging and camp roads here and there, but excited to learn. I’m driving a 2010 Tacoma TRD.
I have a datin fab over canvas bed rack coming to mount my ARB RTT. Trucks a stock TRD Off-road until I get my OME lift installed.

Hey welcome, Jon!

I'm on the coast in Portland right now for a few more weeks, then heading south and west again for several months. I've met a few others from Maine, some more active adventurers than others, though in general there aren't many of us up here that get together.

Can't say I'm an expert on outfitting your truck, but have been wandering the roads of North America and camping all over hither and yon for decades.

Let me know if you want to meet up for a beer or coffee if around town.

~ Road

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Gabe, is the planned campout going to be in place of the scheduled meetup this Friday?, I will have Michelle signup on the FB page as I am still a holdout on getting an account. Thanks, Dave
You can check out the Forum thread for the monthly meetups here: US Northwest - NW Washington Reoccurring Meet-Up

I've postponed it until later this month. Had a really busy schedule and was unable to get out a find a good place.

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello,
Name is Mike and my callsign is KF7QLQ. I am from Tualatin, Oregon about 12 mile South of Portland.
Rig: 2008 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Overland and forest roads

Thanks for the welcome

MH
Welcome Mike!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! Van is in transit from PA to WA
2) Location (General area is fine) Anacortes, Washington
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 2020 GMC Savana 2500 and a Bruder EXP-6
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) We are novice Overlanders

We are retired and looking forward to adventure, exploring and meeting folks who are doing the same (all age groups of course). That's us in a nutshell . I'll post a picture once the van has made it across the U.S. and then the Bruder when it arrives (or we go to Australia to pick it up!).

Linda
Welcome! Glad to have you here!

-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Salutations from Meridian, Idaho

New to this forum, but not new to overlanding. Spent a bit of time overlanding when I was in the Coast Guard, but it has been several years. Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and can’t wait to get back out.View attachment 138256
Welcome! @Sandpoint Steve is your closest Member Rep in Sandpoint, and he always has something planned.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

XI Moto

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hilleary
Member #

Hello, I’m Matt.
I live in Acworth, GA (NW of Atlanta) right at the edge of the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
Currently drive: 2015 Jeep JKU
Experience: Been an Overlander for years, just didn’t know there was a forum of this magnitude. I am introducing my kids to the outdoors.

Attachments

RainierandTacos

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Marysville, WA, USA
First Name
CHRISTOPHER
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0SRK
Good evening all,

Rig: Bone stock '20 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Dream truck)
Experience: a lot of camping throughout the years. Mostly fire roads for offroad driving experience.

Looking forward to putting the truck through its paces and getting out there to explore this beautiful state.

Attachments

Ran4

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Saint Lucie FL
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Warren
Member #

I am new to the overlanding world and find myself doing more preparing than actually doing. Although the preparing and building the rig is my new hobby, I find myself needing to actually get out into nature. Most of my life I have camped, from tents to rvs. And now my wife and I, along with the kids, travel while staying in VRBO homes. Even renting homes to stay places is very nice, I still find myself needing to get back to the basics. Over complicating the overlanding concept is my downfall as it seems others struggle with it too. Just get out and do it. I love your message. Thank you for your inspiration.
I was about to add to this thread my own feelings and thoughts, but when I read your post above, I realized that you captured them precisely..:). Yep, that's exactly where I'm at. Over the years, we've done just about every style of RVing that's out there, from small tents to diesel pusher buses. I love to go off-road, and I also love the idea of staying out there overnight so continue on the next day.

Reactions: Rosco72

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Justin (@megaoverlandsportsman ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks. I'm Randy. ..kinda stumbled onto the site as I was perusing information on Overlanding. I have a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy off-roading, camping (both primitive and otherwise), and hiking. Thanks for having me!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: KA7USA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I’m Rob

Rig: ’19 TACOMA TRD Pro
Experience: Novice.

Looking forward to learning and maybe sharing an adventure or two with folks here.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Reactions: Barabbas and KA7USA