Traveler III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
william
Last Name
childress
Member #

Hi all,
Joining from San Ramon. Just starting out with overlanding. I have some basic starting rigs with a 2019 Power Wagon and 2017 LR Discovery. My setup will be mostly trailer based with an Opus 4 Off Road. Looking to grab food, clothes and go. Get the kids off of tech and outdoors. I’ve been to one meetup and looking forward to trips. Hope to gain some driving experience, recovery techniques and communication knowledge to stay safe.

Last edited:

Cameroncush

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Vero Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Cushman
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m new to the overland community but have a good amount of overland experience but still loads to learn. I’m from Vero Beach Florida and spend my days working as a filmmaker and photographer in the outdoor industry. My overland vehicle is a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad.

52061FE8-FE41-433D-805C-2A05D4A7E96D.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlandbound community! I’m excited to be a new member and I’m looking forward to meeting members in the York County PA area.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I’m new to the overland community but have a good amount of overland experience but still loads to learn. I’m from Vero Beach Florida and spend my days working as a filmmaker and photographer in the outdoor industry. My overland vehicle is a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad.

View attachment 136170
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,
Joining from SF Bay Area. Just starting out with overlanding. I have some basic starting rigs with a 2019 Power Wagon and 2017 LR Discovery. My setup will be mostly trailer based with an Opus 4 Off Road. Looking to grab food, clothes and go. Get the kids off of tech and outdoors. I’ve been to one meetup and looking forward to trips. Hope to gain some driving experience, recovery techniques and communication knowledge to stay safe.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I have sent a PM

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sebastian (@KrackaWitCheese ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up on Thursday in Gilbert: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/east-valley-meet-and-greet-gilbert-az/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Friends,
Currently near Kalamazoo Michigan. The dog and I venture out into the wild with our 2011 Tundra and a custom rebuild 1960s camper in the back.
I discovered this site while looking to build an overland trailer from an old 1970s "wild cat" camper/trailer I picked up the summer. The truck camper is getting tighter and tighter with every mod. Still looking for ideas BTW.. ;) I'm planning to overlanding back to Western Newfoundland once the frost is gone and live off grid on some crown land for some time. I look forward to meeting, learning and sharing with you all!
Cheers,
Neil

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Shawn (@Shawn Kucera ), welcome from Oklahoma. Not much in Rainbow, Texas but you are just down the road from another new member (@chadsherlock). Would love to see some pictures of your builds, not a lot of FSJs around here.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there
Was brought to this forum from Google when I was looking for Traction Board mounting information.
I'm Retired Army Medic and have only been Off-Roading for 14ish years I grew up a city boy so did not get out and hunt or 4x4.
I recently hurt my back so my Offroading has morphed to more adventure on gravel roads now.
The wife and I are downsizing this year to hit the road Jan 2021. we will pull her 1991 Geo Tracker behind our Class A rv
in the pictures I attached to this you can see the first being how we started out wheeling with my 1988 F350 flat bed and 30 foot trailer.
The next pic is a poser pic and the wife and I. My 1988 Samurai and her 91 Tracker
then her tracker that we will hit the road with. I'll post more when it's done I have to build the roof rack and rear bumper before we go.
the next is how we did go wheeling but that's all gone now..

Now to begin a new adventure

Edward
Rochester, Washington

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Done (@OVRLNDG ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in AZ you are but we do have a couple of meet ups in AZ, this Thursday is the meet up in Gilbert.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is Brian. I'm a avid hunter, fisherman and outdoorsman. I just purchased a 2020 Chevy trailboss. I'm looking forward to getting it rigged up! I live in Connecticut.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! I am Shannon and I live in St. Louis, MO. Not known for it's vibrant outdoorsy community, but Missouri certainly has some beautiful spots. I am brand spanking new to this community. I have been a tent camper and backpacker. I love to hike and get outside. When I discovered the Lifestyle Overland series, I was inspired to get out further into the wild to explore on my wheels. I attended the Overland Expo East 2019 to get a feel for the community and start learning! It was a wonderful experience. I have a 2019 Toyota Rav4 Adventure. I am starting out at the beginning here and can't wait to learn more from you all.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. You have several Member Representatives close to you; Kansas City @Paris0514, Tulsa Ok @Iwata77, Ozark AR @BlueLineOverland

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,
Been lurking for a bit now and figured id join and say hi. We've got a 2004 honda pilot for family outings and a spare one for parts :screamcat: I happened across y'all when I found pictures of bowfins pilot.
Can't wait to get out and adventure and meet others.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative in NC is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! We are a family of 4 living in Blue Ridge, GA. Our rig is a 2016 Ram 2500 with a nuthouse and CVT tent. We recently took an amazing trip to Big Bend National Park with some dear friends. This year, we have several trips planned. We just sold a small travel trailer as we love our RTT and plan to use it for all our overlanding adventures. We look forward to meeting others and utilizing the tools/resources of Overland Bound.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: green slime

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

So I have no experience in overlanding or travel in general but I would like to start. My dream is to build an expedition truck to live in full time and travel the world. I have come here to hopefully gain knowledge on what truck will work for me.

Kind regards,
Ray

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact your Souther Africa Member Representative is @Get Out GO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Experience: New to overlanding.

I have camped and hiked my whole life but finally have a vehicle that will allow me to do a little off roading. Would love to meet people locally and maybe hit up Bald Eagle state park for some overlanding and camping.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Nomadik Nova