Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi
I’m Dan
I drive a 2019 f350 LWB.
I’m close to stock 35’s, 2.5inch lift, bar and winch.
Have done 4wheeling before but in Australia not over here and in Jeeps not trucks.
My wife and I have just moved over here to live.
We are living in Calgary for now.
We are keen to get into overlanding and keen for any tips.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Mike W for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Rossco

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

I’m Steve (63yrs) located a few miles from dead center of Canada, in Ste Anne, Manitoba. If I travel to the west its flat through the Prairies for hundreds of miles but once over the Prairies either east or west its trees, rivers and lakes till you hit the east or west coast, amazing country to explore. Plus free backwoods camping is pretty much everywhere: anywhere an hour or two north of the US border.

Not yet retired but soon. My Bucket List items all focus around fishing, duck hunting, foraging and cooking up fresh wild foods as I explore North America. I’m anxious to do the west coast from BC down to Baja. Can’t wait to get to the west coast where I can dig clams, snorkel for crab and lobster, plus all that surf and coastal fishing.

Currently have a 1994 Mazda B3000 4x4 truck (350Klm) with a cap on it. Its stock no extras, not even a winch, carry a come-a-long. Roof racks for whatever watercraft I’m taking along at the time, either a Kayak, SportsPal Canoe or my 16’ Cargo Canoe with an outboard.

I’ve built a very basic sleep and storage unit in the truck bed but so far I prefer to keep my gear in there and sleep in a hammock with a buy screen, very comfortable. No end of places to go free camping here or new places to explore so lots of opportunity to practice living out of this truck.

I hope to learn what rig I need to get next so I can do more extensive, long term (1-3 months out) touring and exploring. So far it might be a Toyota 4Runner so I’m not having to get out of the cab to get something, just seems more practical and secure to go with a rig I can move about in. Also considering an Astro 4x4 van.

Any members traveling through my neck of the woods are welcome to stop by for advise on places to see or camp or park in my back yard overnight to use the facilities.

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Mike W for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone

My name is Chüeni (swissgerman for Cowboy).
I am very happy to be part of this communtity.
My location is Schaffhausen, Switzerland (Northern switzerland).
I currently drive a Lada Niva Urban 1.7i.
My overlanding background isn`t that much just some Weekends in a offroadpark but i`m planning to go on some tours in the future.

Greetings form Switzerland

View attachment 135577

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Location: NNJ - 45 miles outside the "Metropolis NYC"

2) Rig - 1997 Subaru OBS - modified with Forester suspension inspired by "The Rot Wagon"
3) Overlanding Experience Background - Novice, love to camp and mtb bike looking forward to adventures with the Subie and all the places I can explore.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Hi everyone I am Diego & I am very happy to be part of this communtity as a rookie.
You'll find me really close to Barcelona, Spain a village called Sant Martí Sarroca.
I currently drive a Dacia Duster TCE 1.6 115CV 4WD & my overlanding background isn`t that much so I hope to learn & explore with my new vehicle in the future.
Welcome to Overland Bound Diego,

See you around the Mediterranean! :tonguewink:

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

1) Wichita, KS
3) 2018 Ford F-150
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

Lots of experience overloading in a volkswagen pop top van on the beaches of Mexico in my younger days. Older now and looking to take my kids on similar kinds of adventures in central US.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Reactions: Kent R

Impradofu

Rank I

Contributor III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
America

marcosarg

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ft Lauderdale
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Pereira
Hi everybody! My name is Marcos, originally from Argentina, but living in Fort Lauderdale for the past 20 years. I like photography and nature. Adventure is always in my mind although i haven't experience much of it lately trying to build "the american dream" which is a whole different type of adventure in my case! ( a good one!).
That being said i am planning with my family and dog, a trip from Florida to Alaska. I am on the very early stages, i have a 2014 4runner trail stock and in the process of mods for this trip. I would say that this type of roadtrips are always fun for me, and what got me really inspired was watching "lifestyle overland" on youtube! I am not trying to be the next youtuber or IG hit, all i want is build experiences and memories with my family, after all, we have only one life! See you guys around!

dendad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Savoy, TX, USA
First Name
DENNIS
Last Name
JULIUS
Ham/GMRS Callsign
dendad
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

chadsherlock

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cleburne, Texas
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Sherlock
Member #

1) Picture Coming Soon...
2) Fort Worth, Texas
3) 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk
4) Experience, I would rate myself as Beginner with "Vehicle Dependent Travel" as I have not built a rig before but I do spend my vacations camping or in the outdoors.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bean

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Weatherford Tx
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke5et
Well I just got the news from the shop, that my ride will be ready this week. I talked with my boss and since I can't carry any vacation time over, I've got a week or so burn in January. I've been thinking of making some sort of adventure visiting forts here in Texas, and maybe combine with some amateur radio activation. Anyone else interested?
Well I took the lil Bean off road at Texohma in a sand and swamp area, and dropping into the first deep hole, pulled the muffler out of the catalytic converter. Apparently previous owner had cut out the original one, and replaced it, instead of replacing the entire muffler. I decided this vehicle is never going to be as off roady as I need it to be. I just purchased a 1996 Jeep Cherokee, and am in the process of making it reliable. It came with a new engine and a lot of work, however the steering is terrible, and when they replaced the engine, apparently they pulled off a lot of parts from the old one and didn't replace any of the gaskets or seals. I've already replaced the oil sending unit, and the gasket kit for the oil filter adapter, but will need to replace the valve cover and oil pan gaskets in the near future. In the process of converting drum brakes to disc, as the stopping isn't quiet what it needs to be. Once brakes are done, will focus on front end.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all,

I'm in Boise Idaho (do I even need to post the state for that one?)

I bought a 2003 Suburban Z71 a few months back. Been doing some basic maintenance while planning my build. It needed tunes in a bad way, so I put in new speakers all around and an ATOTO A6 Pro head unit. I think that will be really nice for media on the road and navigation. I love checking out everyone's builds and seeing the great solutions to different problems and the aesthetics that people apply. I'm pretty excited to explore the beautiful areas around me.

Edit: Oh yeah. I used to have a Suzuki Samurai in my late teens and 20's. I would drive that thing places I wouldn't walk. I've had a couple of decades since then but I would say I have some overlanding experience.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound. You are in the US Northwest Region. @Kent R is our Regional Director. I (@Slimpartywagon ) am your closest Member Representative. @Gabriel Bozeman and @Sandpoint Steve are also Member Reps.

There is a local meet and greet in Payette tonight. US Northwest - Reocurring 3rd Friday of the Month - Beer & Gears

Some events we having going on in the region this year:

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Leavenworth, Washington (registration hasn’t opened yet, keep checking in As registration is supposed to be open soon)

July 3-6 July 4th Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch. In Dayville, Oregon. For more information contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions

We are setting up more events, so keep an eye out for stuff happening in your area by checking out OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We are here for you.

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dennis (@dendad) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet and greet in Ft. Worth tomorrow. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-meet-and-greet-january-2020/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.