Enthusiast I

Buchberg, Schweiz
First Name
Pascal
Last Name
Staub
Member #

Hi everyone

My name is Chüeni (swissgerman for Cowboy).
I am very happy to be part of this communtity.
My location is Schaffhausen, Switzerland (Northern switzerland).
I currently drive a Lada Niva Urban 1.7i.
My overlanding background isn`t that much just some Weekends in a offroadpark but i`m planning to go on some tours in the future.

Greetings form Switzerland

Niva.png

steveca4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ste Anne, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Denault
Member #

Hello all

I’m Steve (63yrs) located a few miles from dead center of Canada, in Ste Anne, Manitoba. If I travel to the west its flat through the Prairies for hundreds of miles but once over the Prairies either east or west its trees, rivers and lakes till you hit the east or west coast, amazing country to explore. Plus free backwoods camping is pretty much everywhere: anywhere an hour or two north of the US border.

Not yet retired but soon. My Bucket List items all focus around fishing, duck hunting, foraging and cooking up fresh wild foods as I explore North America. I’m anxious to do the west coast from BC down to Baja. Can’t wait to get to the west coast where I can dig clams, snorkel for crab and lobster, plus all that surf and coastal fishing.

Currently have a 1994 Mazda B3000 4x4 truck (350Klm) with a cap on it. Its stock no extras, not even a winch, carry a come-a-long. Roof racks for whatever watercraft I’m taking along at the time, either a Kayak, SportsPal Canoe or my 16’ Cargo Canoe with an outboard.

I’ve built a very basic sleep and storage unit in the truck bed but so far I prefer to keep my gear in there and sleep in a hammock with a buy screen, very comfortable. No end of places to go free camping here or new places to explore so lots of opportunity to practice living out of this truck.

I hope to learn what rig I need to get next so I can do more extensive, long term (1-3 months out) touring and exploring. So far it might be a Toyota 4Runner so I’m not having to get out of the cab to get something, just seems more practical and secure to go with a rig I can move about in. Also considering an Astro 4x4 van.

Any members traveling through my neck of the woods are welcome to stop by for advise on places to see or camp or park in my back yard overnight to use the facilities.

Rossco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Ross
Hi
I’m Dan
I drive a 2019 f350 LWB.
I’m close to stock 35’s, 2.5inch lift, bar and winch.
Have done 4wheeling before but in Australia not over here and in Jeeps not trucks.
My wife and I have just moved over here to live.
We are living in Calgary for now.
We are keen to get into overlanding and keen for any tips.

Attachments

collinskev

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ohio
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Collins
Hey all,

I'm from Cleveland and looking to get into overlanding. Just got an 07 f150 stx and am looking to get it trail ready for the summer. I'm new to this, and am looking to learn a thing or two.

Also, as far as I know, there aren't many trails in the Cleveland area, don't know if anyone has any suggestions.

Attachments

Cajunmile

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Frerman
Member #

Going easy for my first post.

I have a 2018 Tacoma and wife drives a 2914 4Runner. Currently live in Vegas, but moving to Denver shortly.

been camping all my life and out as frequently as we can now.

Attachments

Primitive Rx

Rank I

Contributor III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Mitchell
Hey all,

I'm in Boise Idaho (do I even need to post the state for that one?)

I bought a 2003 Suburban Z71 a few months back. Been doing some basic maintenance while planning my build. It needed tunes in a bad way, so I put in new speakers all around and an ATOTO A6 Pro head unit. I think that will be really nice for media on the road and navigation. I love checking out everyone's builds and seeing the great solutions to different problems and the aesthetics that people apply. I'm pretty excited to explore the beautiful areas around me.

Edit: Oh yeah. I used to have a Suzuki Samurai in my late teens and 20's. I would drive that thing places I wouldn't walk. I've had a couple of decades since then but I would say I have some overlanding experience.

OverlandGuide

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sant Martí Sarroca, España
First Name
Diego
Last Name
Sanz Casasnovas
Member #

Hi everyone I am Diego & I am very happy to be part of this communtity as a rookie.
You'll find me really close to Barcelona, Spain a village called Sant Martí Sarroca.
I currently drive a Dacia Duster TCE 1.6 115CV 4WD & my overlanding background isn`t that much so I hope to learn & explore with my new vehicle in the future.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone I am Diego & I am very happy to be part of this communtity as a rookie.
You'll find me really close to Barcelona, Spain a village called Sant Martí Sarroca.
I currently drive a Dacia Duster TCE 1.6 115CV 4WD & my overlanding background isn`t that much so I hope to learn & explore with my new vehicle in the future.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @76_overlander

Reactions: 76_overlander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I'm in Boise Idaho (do I even need to post the state for that one?)

I bought a 2003 Suburban Z71 a few months back. Been doing some basic maintenance while planning my build. It needed tunes in a bad way, so I put in new speakers all around and an ATOTO A6 Pro head unit. I think that will be really nice for media on the road and navigation. I love checking out everyone's builds and seeing the great solutions to different problems and the aesthetics that people apply. I'm pretty excited to explore the beautiful areas around me.

Edit: Oh yeah. I used to have a Suzuki Samurai in my late teens and 20's. I would drive that thing places I wouldn't walk. I've had a couple of decades since then but I would say I have some overlanding experience.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Slimpartywagon

Reactions: Primitive Rx

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings everyone,
I live in Pleasanton, CA
I have an 03 Lexus GX470
I know absolutely NOTHING about overlanding, and I am looking forward to learning from the experienced folks here. 2020 in going to be a great year filled with new adventures.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

You have a local meet-up that meets monthly if your intersted.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone I am johnny.

New to overlanding, but not to camping. Looking forward to getting to know people in my area and getting out in the world.

I have a 2019 toyota tacoma with a tepui RTT.View attachment 135628

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Going easy for my first post.

I have a 2018 Tacoma and wife drives a 2914 4Runner. Currently live in Vegas, but moving to Denver shortly.

been camping all my life and out as frequently as we can now.

When you move don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I'm from Cleveland and looking to get into overlanding. Just got an 07 f150 stx and am looking to get it trail ready for the summer. I'm new to this, and am looking to learn a thing or two.

Also, as far as I know, there aren't many trails in the Cleveland area, don't know if anyone has any suggestions.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi
I’m Dan
I drive a 2019 f350 LWB.
I’m close to stock 35’s, 2.5inch lift, bar and winch.
Have done 4wheeling before but in Australia not over here and in Jeeps not trucks.
My wife and I have just moved over here to live.
We are living in Calgary for now.
We are keen to get into overlanding and keen for any tips.

Don't hesitate to contact the closest Regional Director @Mike W for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Rossco