Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Hey everyone, new member here!
Rig: 1995 Toyota 4Runner, 3.0, 5speed manual, 33’s
Exp: used to go off road quite a bit growing up with my dad and when I got my first truck, (88 Silverado 2500) I drove it through the hills till the wheels fell off. So I recently bought this Toyota for $500 from a friend of mine simply as a project to do the same but slowly fell in love with it. Thousands of dollars and countless hours of labor on her, my now plan is to get it up to par for some heavier trail, bigger climbs, and do some real camping outta my rig with my Husky, and meet some cool likeminded people along the way!

happy to be here everyone
Welcome aboard! I’m new myself, but already love this community of people!

enguneer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Colorado
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Paulson
Happy New Year! Very glad to have found this place. I'm an avid RVer with dreams of simpler, lighter and faster excursions. 2000 Yukon XL 2500, 6L, 4wd, Procharged and a 3" lift. Mostly simple, but I think it's a good platform. Can't wait to see where the trail leads...

enguneer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Colorado
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Paulson
Happy New Year! Very glad to have found this place. I'm an avid RVer with dreams of simpler, lighter and faster excursions. 2000 Yukon XL 2500, 6L, 4wd, Procharged and a 3" lift. Mostly simple, but I think it's a good platform. Can't wait to see where the trail leads...
Oops, forgot to add that I'm in the Denver area as well!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: enguneer and BarryD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, new member here!
Rig: 1995 Toyota 4Runner, 3.0, 5speed manual, 33’s
Exp: used to go off road quite a bit growing up with my dad and when I got my first truck, (88 Silverado 2500) I drove it through the hills till the wheels fell off. So I recently bought this Toyota for $500 from a friend of mine simply as a project to do the same but slowly fell in love with it. Thousands of dollars and countless hours of labor on her, my now plan is to get it up to par for some heavier trail, bigger climbs, and do some real camping outta my rig with my Husky, and meet some cool likeminded people along the way!

happy to be here everyone
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Enthusiast I

Berkshire County, MA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Broderick
Hello, everyone! I'm new here so here's my intro.

I currently live in western Mass but my mind is always out west. I have a 2010 Jeep JKU that I've been slowly modifying myself as time and money permits. Soon I'll be adding a trailer to my kit!

My overlanding experience is varied. I'm a military vet of 22 years and now that I look back on it I did tons of overlanding during that time. My kids and I take off every summer for a different destination and the goal is always to find remoteness and wilderness. My biggest trip to date was a grand tour of the USA in 2016. We covered over 11,000 miles in 32 days in my Jeep hitting the major National Parks and finding our share of wild. We traveled without an itinerary so we were able to go in any direction on any given day to explore. I had gear on my roof, gear on a hitch rack, and gear inside. We looked like gypsies but had an experience that will never be forgotten.

I'm hoping to use Overland Bound as an information resource and maybe even stop travelling solo and join a trip!co jeep.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich

I currently live in western Mass but my mind is always out west. I have a 2010 Jeep JKU that I've been slowly modifying myself as time and money permits. Soon I'll be adding a trailer to my kit!

My overlanding experience is varied. I'm a military vet of 22 years and now that I look back on it I did tons of overlanding during that time. My kids and I take off every summer for a different destination and the goal is always to find remoteness and wilderness. My biggest trip to date was a grand tour of the USA in 2016. We covered over 11,000 miles in 32 days in my Jeep hitting the major National Parks and finding our share of wild. We traveled without an itinerary so we were able to go in any direction on any given day to explore. I had gear on my roof, gear on a hitch rack, and gear inside. We looked like gypsies but had an experience that will never be forgotten.

I'm hoping to use Overland Bound as an information resource and maybe even stop travelling solo and join a trip!View attachment 133155
Welcome! Sounds like you have a great start!

Reactions: Kent R

mr_woo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

153 King George's Avenue, Millbrook, Southampton, SO15 4LT, United Kingdom
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Lovelock
Member #

HI all,
New member from Southampton in the UK.
I'm currently driving a VW Amarok and dragging a KTM 250 2 stroke round for fun!
I'd say I'm reasonably new to Overlanding but I have done quite a few multi week trips throughout Europe over the last 10 or so years.
9BF17EC9-307E-4C94-ACA3-622DA1BBB962.jpegB737368A-B948-4F81-9072-547A1F07E8E5.jpeg

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Hello and Happy New Year.

I am an Overland Novice, but am experienced camper. Looking to start building my Overland Experience.
I have two vehicles that I am going to building out:
2012 Jeep Unlimited Sahara
2019 Toyota Tacoma Limited 4x4
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Welcome to our wonderful community!

Reactions: Kent R and Dlg69

Enthusiast I

Berkshire County, MA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Broderick

I'm hoping to use Overland Bound as an information resource and maybe even stop travelling solo and join a trip!View attachment 133155
Sorry for making the photo so big. I'll get the hang of this.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone , my name is Rudy. I’m 30 years old and drive a 2019 Toyota Tacoma. I grew up in the suburbs but spent a lot of time off-roading with my dad growing up. I used to spend a lot of time outdoors in my early 20s but once I joined the Marines I kinda stopped. (well at least I stopped doing it for fun ) now that I’m a little bit older and have a son of my own I wanted to get back into camping/hiking/off-roading and I found out that’s pretty much exactly what overlanding is so here I am.
Welcome to Overland Bound, make sure you check out the new member threads. There is some outstanding information in there, which make it easier to navigate the Overland Bound website. Also check Rally Points and the calendar for for local meetups, trainings and trail runs.

Also I am one of the U.S. West member reps, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @Barclay . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if you feel the need.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail.

Contributor III

Bremerton WA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Singer
Service Branch
USN
Hello everyone,

I would call my self a novice here in the PNW. I am just a simple submariner on fast boats and been doing it for the past 20 years. The rig i had and was almost ready to start modifying was a 2007 Land Rover LR3, however when the exhaust leak started and my wife said there was no more money to put into it and I had to get something else. I have had it for three years 40,000 miles, a new engine, all new air suspension, 20 plus states from Hawaii to Maine to Washington, and to the top of Pikes Peek. She can rest now
192F61D4-A5F6-4B4B-83A5-BD7ABABEF996.jpeg

Now in with the new rig. It is a 2017 Ram Rebel and I love it so far and cant wait to get it out there. It had the 5.7 Hemi, skid plates and the 32 gallon fuel tank.
1D5D7462-AD61-4455-982A-1A4FD387361E.jpeg

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Hello everyone,

I would call my self a novice here in the PNW. I am just a simple submariner on fast boats and been doing it for the past 20 years. The rig i had and was almost ready to start modifying was a 2007 Land Rover LR3, however when the exhaust leak started and my wife said there was no more money to put into it and I had to get something else. I have had it for three years 40,000 miles, a new engine, all new air suspension, 20 plus states from Hawaii to Maine to Washington, and to the top of Pikes Peek. She can rest now
View attachment 133286

Now in with the new rig. It is a 2017 Ram Rebel and I love it so far and cant wait to get it out there. It had the 5.7 Hemi, skid plates and the 32 gallon fuel tank.
View attachment 133287
Welcome! Love the new rig!

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone,

View attachment 133286

View attachment 133287
Welcome from La Grande, Oregon. @Kent R is our acting Regional Director and @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. I am also a member rep for our region. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Nice looking Ram. What are your overall goals for her?