Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Totally new to overlanding here, have gotten interested in the concept lately as an extension of being more capable in accessibility to places to camp and hunt as well as learning more survival and bushcraft.

Driving a ‘19 4Runner Off-Road, as of now unmodified.

Decided to join the forum to 1. Find people that do overlanding in my area, 2. Get an idea onhow to build out my rig for long-term and heavy terrain excursions, and 3. Seek out destinations.

Excited to see where this can take me and my family!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

indy the adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

USA California, Orange County for now....; )
First Name
Indy
Last Name
AKA Mike
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes i am. Amateur Extra. Will add later.
I too am currently a new member, Tonight. I love the Lifestyle Overland channel and it resonates with my adventurous soul. Cant wait to get lost in the wilderness and enjoy nature. Current vehicle, 03 Tacoma Prerunner Extended Cab. 2.7L 4 cyl. Thank you.
Thank you.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
1) View attachment 132497
2) San Jose, California
3) Stock 2008 Lexus GX470. Will eventually upgrade once my Sponsor wife approves my PO requests haha.
4) Still a Novice when it comes to Overlanding . I've been on some trails around California but i'm always looking for more Trails to bring the family on. Looking forward to joining this community, meeting new people, and finding new adventures to come.
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig. As @Kent R said, I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. Make sure to browse through the new member threads, for some great information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website.

Also make sure to check out Rally points and the calendar for your local meetups, trainings and trips. These are great areas to help you meet new like minded people.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

indy the adventurer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

USA California, Orange County for now....; )
First Name
Indy
Last Name
AKA Mike
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yes i am. Amateur Extra. Will add later.
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice rig. As @Kent R said, I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. Make sure to browse through the new member threads, for some great information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website.

Also make sure to check out Rally points and the calendar for your local meetups, trainings and trips. These are great areas to help you meet new like minded people.

Look forward to meeting you out on the trail.
Thank you much. As of last evening, a paid member.. woo hoo!

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Newbie intro:

My name is Mike and live in Reno, NV. I drive a 2003 Toyota Tundra with a camper shell (just a basic topper). I've been mountain biking and hiking around Reno/Tahoe for the last 30 plus years but am a newbie to Overlanding. Looking forward to getting out and meeting new friends and enjoying the outdoors in a new way.
Mike, Welcome to the wonderful world of OB. As @Kent R said, check out Reno Overlanding. We meet every second weekend of month except in January (that's our planning meeting for the rest of the year). If you have any questions, please PM me on this site or the Facebook Page Reno Overlanding.

Bill

Reactions: Kent R

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi Guys! New here. 20 years old. Been offroading since I could reach the pedals. Currently have a 2007 JKU 2" lift. Nothing fancy but it's getting there. I have some experience overlanding but usually only on little day trips looking to Branch out and go farther and longer. Located in southern Las Vegas. US Army Reserves. Love the mud!View attachment 132377
Welcome to OB. Thanks for your service. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. And if you get up to Reno, make sure you day hi.

Reactions: Kent R

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi all. Totally new to overlanding here, have gotten interested in the concept lately as an extension of being more capable in accessibility to places to camp and hunt as well as learning more survival and bushcraft.

Driving a ‘19 4Runner Off-Road, as of now unmodified.

Decided to join the forum to 1. Find people that do overlanding in my area, 2. Get an idea onhow to build out my rig for long-term and heavy terrain excursions, and 3. Seek out destinations.

Excited to see where this can take me and my family!

Welcome Jeff!

ScoutWagon

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Coast California
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
B
Hey all, been lurking for a year or two, and finally decided to hop onboard.
I'm pretty new to off roading, but I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser 4x4. 3" Toytec ultimate lift, Warrior rack, All pro sliders, and Roofnest Sparrow. I mostly like to travel and camp, and generally explore new places with my pup, Scout. The FJ really belongs to him, and I'm just his chauffeur. I've been active on the FJ cruiser forum for the last year, but figured I'd cruise over here as I look to get out and do more!
Tax is my boy, Scout, on one of our recent day trips IMG_20191204_184729_982.jpg

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Hello, I’m Barry, and my hubby and I live in Alabama. I have 2018 Jeep Compass, but we have only been off road once. Finally starting to look at a few other vehicles that we could take out onto the trail with a roof top tent.

I grew up wheelin’ but for a long time was a city dweller. Just in the past year I’ve had my passion for exploration reignited by some awesome YouTube channels (Expedition Overland and Mountain State Overland).

I’m a tad shy at first, but I warm up to people quickly.

Glad to be here! [emoji846]

FX4

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Blue Ridge, GA, USA
First Name
Kenny
Last Name
Griffin
1) Rig attached
2) Blue Ridge GA
3) 2011 FX4 (Stage 2 icon), (Nuthouse industries rack), Turtle Back Expedition
4) Lot's of seat time off road- rock crawling back in the day. Took about 10 years off and put this rig together to take my family of four on adventures.

Just got back from our maiden voyage of 3 weeks. Hit Big Bend, Gila Hot Springs, did Mojave road, (hit Death Valley, Zion, Grand Canyon briefly).
Great web-platform for a wonderful community. Proud to join!
Best,
Kenny

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Rig attached
2) Blue Ridge GA
3) 2011 FX4 (Stage 2 icon), (Nuthouse industries rack), Turtle Back Expedition
4) Lot's of seat time off road- rock crawling back in the day. Took about 10 years off and put this rig together to take my family of four on adventures.

Just got back from our maiden voyage of 3 weeks. Hit Big Bend, Gila Hot Springs, did Mojave road, (hit Death Valley, Zion, Grand Canyon briefly).
Great web-platform for a wonderful community. Proud to join!
Best,
Kenny
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: FX4

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Barry, and my hubby and I live in Alabama. I have 2018 Jeep Compass, but we have only been off road once. Finally starting to look at a few other vehicles that we could take out onto the trail with a roof top tent.

I grew up wheelin’ but for a long time was a city dweller. Just in the past year I’ve had my passion for exploration reignited by some awesome YouTube channels (Expedition Overland and Mountain State Overland).

I’m a tad shy at first, but I warm up to people quickly.

Glad to be here! [emoji846]
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: BarryD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, been lurking for a year or two, and finally decided to hop onboard.
I'm pretty new to off roading, but I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser 4x4. 3" Toytec ultimate lift, Warrior rack, All pro sliders, and Roofnest Sparrow. I mostly like to travel and camp, and generally explore new places with my pup, Scout. The FJ really belongs to him, and I'm just his chauffeur. I've been active on the FJ cruiser forum for the last year, but figured I'd cruise over here as I look to get out and do more!
Tax is my boy, Scout, on one of our recent day trips View attachment 132800
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representatives are @Magic Mike & @Barclay