Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Duane - Camarillo, CA - 2020 Jeep Rubicon 4 door. Seeking meaningful connections with the wild, the out of doors and nature. Hoping to meet some solid folks along the way. :) Have Jeep, will explore!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: sportsguy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.

Im am from the UK and live in a town call Bristol in the South West.
I own a 1996 genuine Camel Trophy defender 110, in original condition with only a few upgrades for my expeditions.
I love to travel, either a local weekend in the woods or around the world. I have done many trips around Europe, and a 7 month expedition from the Uk to Cape Town South Africa.

Thanks for accepting me to Overland Bound
Mike

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Geno DeVito

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orlando FL
First Name
Eugene
Last Name
DeVito
Hello Overland community. My name is Geno and I just joined the group here.

1) Here's a picture of the current status of my ride.
IMG_5823.JPG
2) I'm located in Orlando FL.
3) I currently drive a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Added a winch and lights. 3" lift coming soon.
4) I have lots of Overlanding Experience and have been doing that thing since before it was even called overlanding.

I hope I can connect with some locals and get out on the trails here in FL.

2wheelwill

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arden-Arcade
First Name
Will
Last Name
Gonzalez
Hi Everyone,

My name is Will - I’m a newly hooked overlander excited to learn and meet fellow travelers from my neck of the woods. I’m based in Sacramento, CA.

I’m driving a new Jeep Rubicon and been slowly buying gear as I discover what I need. The rig is still stock but I expect that may change as I figure out my rig’s limits.

I grew up off-roading with my best friends’ family but have spent most of my adult life backpacking and bicycle touring so have a bit of outdoor experience and a lot lightweight gear that is slowly being replaced by overland gear. I’m too old now to sleep on ground mats so an RTT was an early purchase.

I would love to meet others in the Sacramento area and maybe plan a group trips. Any advice on getting started would be appreciated.

Will-B44BB9FC-BB01-42DA-8E1E-517150BFC296.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Thanks Kent,

Is there any chance he's even in Ontario :)

While I don't mind if there are very few Canadians on here, from looking through the threads I don't think I quite fit into these forums. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but even doing a search on Subaru I found very little information and the cars I did see are being lifted (which is cool but not in my price range).

I am looking for ideas of how to create a comfortable "tent" on the inside of the hatchback. On the web I've seen how to make a flat platform so when the seats are folded down the bump doesn't become an issue. I'm looking for those kinds of modifications on how to make that limited space more functional when it comes to "bed time" which would include things like shelves over the wheelwell or making cubbies and having power for cell phones/tablets etc. Even one of those tents that attach to the back of the car.

Pretty much all of my off-road and camping will be at worst on logging roads or unpaved roads but nothing too extreme where I'd require 30" off-road tires with a 2"+ lift etc. About the only thing I'd want along those lines is a skid plate just for some added protection.

My car will be my daily driver and only vehicle and am wanting to improve it's camping capabilities in the hope of possibly not even needing a tent.

Like I said, nothing major but maybe with some cool small builds to make the interior more functional as a sleeping quarters. Actually I'd even consider removing the back seats altogether for increased space but I don't think I've seen anyone do that.

While I'm not physically able to do these kinds of projects I can find people to help in that aspect. It's not that I'm old (well, I'm 48), it's just that my spine is about 100 year old haha.

I'll keep digging around just in case I'm missing something.

Thanks and don't get me wrong, this is an amazing site....but like most places I just don't quite fit in ;)
Hey there and Welcome. Did you check out the Subaru's Owners Thread? I'm sure someone there is willing to offer advice. Subaru Owners Registry

Hope this helps

Reactions: Kent R

Commandalorian

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jackson, MS, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Lofton
Member #

I clumsily posted this in the wrong area earlier and i apologize but here it goes again. Hello all, I just signed up as an OB member and so glad to be here! I’m located in the Brazos Valley of TX, I’m currently building my latest rig: 06 Jeep commander (XK) 5.7L HEMI w/ QD2. So far I’ve added lift and tires and a few creature comforts. Hoping to add a roof rack and tent soon. I have a good bit of camping experience but still a novice at the overlanding thing. Any advice is always welcome! Hope to see you guys and gals on the trails!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I live in Oklahoma and I am a novice to overlanding. We do lots of camping and kayaking. My current vehicle is a 2001 Ford Expedition.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

My name is Will - I’m a newly hooked overlander excited to learn and meet fellow travelers from my neck of the woods. I’m based in Sacramento, CA.

I’m driving a new Jeep Rubicon and been slowly buying gear as I discover what I need. The rig is still stock but I expect that may change as I figure out my rig’s limits.

I grew up off-roading with my best friends’ family but have spent most of my adult life backpacking and bicycle touring so have a bit of outdoor experience and a lot lightweight gear that is slowly being replaced by overland gear. I’m too old now to sleep on ground mats so an RTT was an early purchase.

I would love to meet others in the Sacramento area and maybe plan a group trips. Any advice on getting started would be appreciated.

Will-View attachment 131485

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

There are two meet-ups in your area if you are interested, they are both on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/

Your are in the West Region, the regional director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland community. My name is Geno and I just joined the group here.

1) Here's a picture of the current status of my ride.
View attachment 131452
2) I'm located in Orlando FL.
3) I currently drive a 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Added a winch and lights. 3" lift coming soon.
4) I have lots of Overlanding Experience and have been doing that thing since before it was even called overlanding.

I hope I can connect with some locals and get out on the trails here in FL.
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello together,

finally joined OB!

I am from southern Germany and driving a Mitsubishi Pajero which already got some adjustments for overlanding since I bought it in February.

Seeing forward to be part of the community

Greetings
Kev

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Robert OB 33/48

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
@Kent R Thank you very much!
Welcome to Overland Bound and a special welcome to the Overland Bound Europe Regions.

I’m Dave (@Polaris Overland) and I’m the West Europe Region Director but also supporting all other Europe Regions.

Supporting me I have Europe Region Representatives whose details you can find below.

These representatives have been selected based on their experience and / or their willingness both past, present and future to help us build Overland Bound Europe into the number one overlanding community with focus on OB Core Principles, community and family involvement.

It is our job to help all OB members get the maximum benefit from their membership raising concerns or direct questions and queries to OB HQ and with support from OB HQ make sure members are aware of up and coming events, promotions and news.

You can find us active on the OB Forums and the OB Europe Facebook pages so please join me in welcoming them and thanking them for taking on this responsibility.

If you require any help or support please do not hesitate to direct your questions to your local Representative or myself where we will be happy to assist and clarify.

Scandinavia
Isaac Carr - Sweden
@WalkaboutKiwi OB#14711

West Europe
Nik Hammond and Leann Stratta - South England
@professorpool OB#6695

Mid Europe
(Angus) Enguerrand de Gouttes - France
@76_overlander OB#15823

Robert Keim - Nederland
@robert OB33/48 OB#0033

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi all.

Im am from the UK and live in a town call Bristol in the South West.
I own a 1996 genuine Camel Trophy defender 110, in original condition with only a few upgrades for my expeditions.
I love to travel, either a local weekend in the woods or around the world. I have done many trips around Europe, and a 7 month expedition from the Uk to Cape Town South Africa.

Thanks for accepting me to Overland Bound
Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound and a special welcome to the Overland Bound Europe Regions.
Great vehicle of choice.

I’m Dave (@Polaris Overland) and I’m the West Europe Region Director but also supporting all other Europe Regions.

Supporting me I have Europe Region Representatives whose details you can find below.

These representatives have been selected based on their experience and / or their willingness both past, present and future to help us build Overland Bound Europe into the number one overlanding community with focus on OB Core Principles, community and family involvement.

It is our job to help all OB members get the maximum benefit from their membership raising concerns or direct questions and queries to OB HQ and with support from OB HQ make sure members are aware of up and coming events, promotions and news.

You can find us active on the OB Forums and the OB Europe Facebook pages so please join me in welcoming them and thanking them for taking on this responsibility.

If you require any help or support please do not hesitate to direct your questions to your local Representative or myself where we will be happy to assist and clarify.

Scandinavia
Isaac Carr - Sweden
@WalkaboutKiwi OB#14711

West Europe
@professorpool OB#6695

Mid Europe
@76_overlander OB#15823

Robert Keim - Nederland
@robert OB33/48 OB#0033

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hello to all of you.

I am from Portugal.
I own a mitsubishi Pajero 3.2did SWB and I call it my T0
I do overland with my T0, it has running water, bed, fridge and other goodies.
Cheers.

Scandinavia
Isaac Carr - Sweden
@WalkaboutKiwi OB#14711

West Europe
@professorpool OB#6695

Mid Europe
@76_overlander OB#15823

Robert Keim - Nederland
@robert OB33/48 OB#0033

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Billy (@Bilman72 ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chad (@Commandalorian ), welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking Commander.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.