Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
San Diego, California
2017 Toyota Tacoma - Some mods:
REDARC dual battery system, deep cycle for 12v refrigeration, etc. AIrLift air bags, LED lighting (interior), ARE shell, BFG ATA tires
We go to Baja Mexico a few times a year - nothing very crazy, a lot of highway miles. Looking to get more time in the dirt.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 129056My 1994 Full-Size Blazer at Little River Canyon National Reserve in FortPayne AL and I'm pretty new at Overlanding.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders! I have been following the forums for a while and have received great information - finally decided to join!

Rig: 2015 4Runner Limited with several “over landing” upgrades
Overland Experience: Moderate

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: JayPerry

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 129051Location: Castaic, CA (40mi north of Los Angeles)
Rig: 2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L
Overlanding Experience: Novice. I have experience hiking, backpacking, and at sea navigation.

I am super excited to officially be apart of this highly recommended community. I am also excited to represent the 2-wheel community.

My name is Brandon Avila and this is my first off-road capable motorcycle. I come from a paved road riding background but have decided to take the next step in my desire to explore more off the beaten path. I am a US Navy Submarine veteran and have experience navigating using electronic and paper charts while serving as a Navigation Electronics Technician. I can’t wait to put my experiences to the test and eager to learn from everyone in this community.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: Narwhal

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha OB,
Love off roading, love camping, combine the two... you get Overlanding. Love the outdoors and exploring. Currently living in New Jersey. Hoping to get out more this summmer and see some of the upstate New York and the north east.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Stoked to be a new member. Grew up in Portland, OR but I’ve been a resident of Los ANGELES for the past 10 years. Realizing my need for more off the grid adventuresand more time in the garage wrenching. Just picked up a “new to me” 2017 Ram Rebel and an AT Overland Habitat. If you’re in the SoCal area and want to explore with my navigator (wife) and two furry engineers (dogs) let’s get in touch.

My build aspirations are more camp lifestyle focused to begin with and will eventually evolve into suspension and performance based projects. Understanding this is not my final project truck I look forward to having a tricked out camper on the new diesel Ram Rebel in the next couple years for far superior mileage.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

View attachment 128991

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name is Craig from Raleigh, NC.

Another total newbie to overlanding, but not to the outdoors. Been camping, hunting, etc. forever and now desire to do some longer distance more remote travel.

I have currently decided to build my company rig for my initial build. It's a 2001 F350 7.3 Lariat. The plan is to do a truck camper build for me, the wife, and the dog. It's only a 2wd, but intend on adding a rear locker, suspension, tires, etc. and don't see us doing too much crazy terrain in the beginning. If the wheeling bug bites me, I'll upgrade the truck down the road.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

View attachment 128989

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Happy Thanksgiving from Great Falls, Montana! My name is Chuck and I am an active duty Air Force member just stationed here.

I am completely new to Overlanding, but have become enamored with this lifestyle after watching a bunch of different YouTubers. I really love the thought of just experiencing the journey, not rushing to a final destination.

My rig will be my 2019 Ram 1500, so I won't be going through the most extreme of locations but if it will fit I hope to go! Nothing done to it yet, but maybe some beginner mods this winter. I am looking forward to reading up and gaining knowledge and advice from the experienced members of this forum/community.

Pic of the stock rig.

View attachment 128958

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2004 Tacoma TRD Dbl Cab.
Overland Experience: Novice
Just trying to learn more and have access to people with experience.
Welcome from NW Washington!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
LeMond
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU0U
Kind of an off the wall question for anyone to answer...Has anyone tried to use the compact co2 inflators used in mountain biking / in an emergency (low or flat tire(s)). I would think having a few of the co2 cartridges would be an easy way to get the tire(s) inflated again. I realize they dont have a large volume...just wondering if anyone has ever tried it as a test in their driveway to see...

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
I am new to the site ... This is my first post so I am trying to get a feel for this site... Am looking forward to playing in the dirt and learning more!

I have two vehicles which are both road worthy-but I want to learn about the possibilities for mods as I expand my personal skillset and my desire for tougher terrain and challenge grows.

1996 Bronco 351w/turbocharged
2007 F150 4x4 forged 5.4 turbocharged

I live in Colorado Springs, and would love to go on the December 21st meet and greet locally.
Welcome to the group! I look forward to meeting you on the 21st!

Chad

JacobusPieterse

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carnamah WA, Australia
First Name
Jacobus
Last Name
Pieterse
Member #

Th

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thank you, I’ll be sure to look into it.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

greetings from Mill Creek, Wa.

Reactions: Kent R

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Welcome to Overland Bound.
Feel free to join us on our Monthly Conference Call on the 3rd Sunday of the month @ 7:30 Pacific time. It's an oportunity to talk Overlanding with others in the Inland Northwest.
The snow is starting the fly outside, but e are looking forward to getting some trips on the calendar in the spring.

Look forward to meeting you.

-Sandpoint Steve