• HTML tutorial

SeaToSummit

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Berkeley
Member #

Hi All-

My name is Austin and I split my time between Berkeley and Santa Barbara, CA.

I have a 1990 Toyota HDJ81 Landcruiser (JDM 80 series). Triple locked, factory winch, 1HD-T turbo diesel. In the month I've owned it, I've added a 2" OME suspension, otherwise, it is bone stock.

Big time Landcuirser nerd. I've had 40 series and 80 series trucks.

This will be the second 80 that I will build out with the intention of outfitting it for prolonged, self-sustained journies. I have visions of an intercontinental journey in the next 24 months.

Excited to get inspiration from some of you all on the forum!

SeaToSummit

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Berkeley
Member #

Looks like I get to be first to introduce myself!

Rig: 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee
Experience: Mediocre.. lol :) Just an Overland nerd!
Pretty funny that you would be the first to post on this thread, Michael! Interested in hearing how you ended up getting out of that situation in Idaho earlier this year!

Reactions: Kent R

NedKelly

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chickasha, OK
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Holder
Hello, everyone! I'm Chris, and I am checking in from Chickasha, OK, just Southwest of Oklahoma City. I drive a 2017 Ford F150 XLT FX4. I am truly an overlanding noob, rookie, whatever term you prefer! I've always had an interest in it, mostly fueled by chasing drilling rigs across some parts of Oklahoma and Texas for the better part of the last 14 years. I was exposed to beautiful out of the way locations and now that I am office based, I want to get out and explore. Thanks for having me!

20190910_145507.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! Im from Finland and my rig is 2002 Toyota Rav4. Overlanding experience background: Novice.
View attachment 128735
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, everyone! I'm Chris, and I am checking in from Chickasha, OK, just Southwest of Oklahoma City. I drive a 2017 Ford F150 XLT FX4. I am truly an overlanding noob, rookie, whatever term you prefer! I've always had an interest in it, mostly fueled by chasing drilling rigs across some parts of Oklahoma and Texas for the better part of the last 14 years. I was exposed to beautiful out of the way locations and now that I am office based, I want to get out and explore. Thanks for having me!

View attachment 128733

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: NedKelly

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All-

My name is Austin and I split my time between Berkeley and Santa Barbara, CA.

I have a 1990 Toyota HDJ81 Landcruiser (JDM 80 series). Triple locked, factory winch, 1HD-T turbo diesel. In the month I've owned it, I've added a 2" OME suspension, otherwise, it is bone stock.

Big time Landcuirser nerd. I've had 40 series and 80 series trucks.

This will be the second 80 that I will build out with the intention of outfitting it for prolonged, self-sustained journies. I have visions of an intercontinental journey in the next 24 months.

Excited to get inspiration from some of you all on the forum!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Barclay & @Magic Mike.

Hope the wildfire in SB is not impacting you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Ross Stotts 43 Magnolia Texas. I have been outdoors all my life hunting, fishing, four wheeling , side by sides all of it. I just built a new truck a 2019 Tacoma TRD 3” lift with Roam RTT and Diamond

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Iwata77

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ross (@Rstotts ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R and Rstotts

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Christopher (@Tëmetët ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. If you are interested in getting your ham radio license let me know.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

SeaToSummit

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Berkeley
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representatives to you are @Barclay & @Magic Mike.

Hope the wildfire in SB is not impacting you.
Thanks, Kent!

We were under voluntary evac during the peak of the fire though, fortunately, things have normalized for the most part.

The 80 turned into a picture/vital docs transporter.

Including a few photos of the HDJ81, as I forgot to do so in my initial post.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Austin

Attachments

Last edited:

JL2120

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hollywood, FL, USA
First Name
Myles
Last Name
Roger
Member #

What’s up y’all! Myles here from South FL. Just got a 2020 Wrangler JLU. Pretty new at overlanding and off road wheeling with a Jeep although I grew up “mudding” and trail riding on ATV’s as a kid. Looking to head North out of FL for some overlanding trips and just exploring the outdoors.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

What’s up y’all! Myles here from South FL. Just got a 2020 Wrangler JLU. Pretty new at overlanding and off road wheeling with a Jeep although I grew up “mudding” and trail riding on ATV’s as a kid. Looking to head North out of FL for some overlanding trips and just exploring the outdoors.
Welcome!

edub

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Issaquah, WA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Wakefield
Member #

Hi All! I'm Erik and I live in San Jose, I'm new to the group and the area. I drive a JKU and I've been up in the Seattle area for the last 10 years. I've been out several times, but I'd still consider my experience novice. Its my daily and I'm just looking to enjoy some light to medium off-roading that gets me to better places than your average Subaru can't make it. I'm excited to be a part of the group and get a little dirt on the tires.

Attachments

MeliMK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orwigsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Melinda
Last Name
Killian
Member #

Hello! I'm Melinda. My husband and I drive a 2002 F250. We've lived in western WA for 4+ years but are both PA natives. Head out on weekends for adventure, and usually take longer trips (2-3 weeks) once or twice a year. He retires from the navy in two years, then its on. Full time truck living for a year or two, just us and the dog. I'd say we are moderate overlanders at this point. Been meaning to join OB for a long time, glad I finally got around to it! Oh we also have a '96 Bronco we're working on as a tag along vehicle for even more fun.

Attachments