Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

How is the line of visibility out on the trail I don't have a whole lot of experience with them but just from pulling them in and out of the shop I work at seems like there's a lot of blind spot, I get the same feeling inside an fj cruiser.

Like I said I think it's awesome that you're out there and you're actually using it,

Are you flhummer in youtube? That's where I saw the h3 wheeling. If so, not sure how I didn't run across you are ivy. I started riding that place in 2007.

Last edited:

ToyotaRex

Rank 0

Contributor I

Member #

Just south of Tucson Arizona. 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser. 3" Old Man Emu lift. BFG ko2s and allpro rock sliders. I still have a long way to go for it to be where I want. Cheers!

Reactions: SLO Rob

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

How is the line of visibility out on the trail I don't have a whole lot of experience with them but just from pulling them in and out of the shop I work at seems like there's a lot of blind spot, I get the same feeling inside an fj cruiser.

Like I said I think it's awesome that you're out there and you're actually using it,

Are you flhummer in youtube? That's where I saw the h3 wheeling. If so, not sure how I didn't run across you are ivy. I started riding that place in 2007.
Yeah, definitely got some blind spots but you get used to them. Would like to do some half doors for the front so I can actually lean out to see a bit. Recently changed out the stereo for one that allows for a front camera too which I mounted in the bumper. When cresting a hill or similar I can pull up that camera to see what's ahead.

I love the looks on people faces when we are in an area that never sees them off road. Back in the early days of the H3 when we would be out usually in a group of about 5 or so people would ask us if we were shooting a commercial for Hummer. The percentage of Hummer owners that wheel their trucks is actually about the same as Jeep, its just there are so many Jeeps and not so many Hummers you don't see them that much.

Yeah, that's me. I really did enjoy wheeling there. Unfortunately living in FL we have to travel a fair distance to get to really good wheeling.

Reactions: offroadohio

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Hi everyone.
My name is Brandon and I live in Gilbert, Arizona. I am driving a 2007 Land Rover LR3 HSE.

Right now I have 19" rims so I have Cooper Zeon LTZ but plan on doing 18" with some BFG A/T later on.

I will be ordering a Front Runner roof rack and mount a CVT Mt. Shasta Extended roof tent in the next month. Maxtrax and more gear goodies to follow. Looking forward to getting back out on the trails.

IMG_9059.PNG

Last edited:

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Hey everyone! My name's Brian and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I currently drive a 2009 Tacoma 4x4 and previously owned a 2001 TJ, 1999 XJ, and 1985 CJ (first car). My overland experience, as far as vehicle dependent travel goes, is pretty limited. However, I've been 4-wheeling since I started driving 16 years ago.

Reactions: SLO Rob

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Hello!
This is my attempt to introduce myself as a new member of Overland Bound. I am in Washington State not to far from Seattle.
I drive a 1998 Toyota Tacoma, 3.4 L V6. It came with a small lift kit and very oversized tires. I swapped out the big tires for a size that is more appropriate for my use. Next I needed to install an add a leaf kit to the rear to accommodate the extra weight of the overland gear I carry. One day I would like to lock up the rear diff. I have many years experience with overlanding/driving backwoods, logging roads, trail blazing etc., but I have only been on trails that were rated easy to moderate two or three times.

untitled001

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia
Member #

Hey everyone,
My name is Fred, and I'm very excited to be a member of this group! I am a newbie, but I look forward to learning and exploring!
1) Location: Virginia, USA
2) Rig: 2014, Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
3) Overlanding Experience: Novice (none, haha)

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Welcome! Your going to like it here and get great info and advice. I'm also a newbie and learning from this forum as well. Couldn't be more happy also got the wifey and boys excited about doing all sorts of exploring and adventures.